“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Clashing Alphas within a friendship

kel

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
79
Reaction score
1
I have a friend of mine who is by all means the epitome of an alpha male and a true DJ. We hang out fairly often, especially at social gatherings (ie parties). We also sing in the same a cappella group.

This is a problem because although he's a lot of fun to be with, there's no doubt who's the alpha when he's around. I dont mind not being the alpha all the time since i'm still very much a student of "the game". The problem is, at a party, I'm almost one of his henchmen :)

This is good and bad. Good because being associated with him, especially as more than an acquaintance, is social proof at its best. Bad because clearly I'm second fiddle. He's not especially better looking or better dressed than I, but he has that DJ atmosphere we all crave to adopt.

The question here is, how do I go about being an alpha (which i'm getting good at) while I'm with my friend? I've noticed that when Im acting especially confident, he subconsciously gets defensive about it and does things that assert his dominance. Its immature, i feel, but I understand what's going on.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter? Similar experiences? How do I stop being a subordinate and be an equal and how do I do so without him basically freaking out?

--Kel

PS This seems to be the first post i've read in a while that is more concerned with being a DJ with another guy than a girl :)
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
0
The problem is, at a party, I'm almost one of his henchmen

First thing you need to do is change this way of thinking. You're putting him in the alpha role and yourself into Beta by simply talking like this.

Good because being associated with him, especially as more than an acquaintance, is social proof at its best. Bad because clearly I'm second fiddle.

See first reply.

I've noticed that when Im acting especially confident, he subconsciously gets defensive about it and does things that assert his dominance.

If you act confident and he get's defensive, DO NOT BACK DOWN!! This is when you do something to reassert YOUR dominance right back!! This is a win/win situation. He'll either back down and take the Beta role, or see that your also an alpha and you won't take 2nd fiddle anymore. Other people will take notice as well.

How do I stop being a subordinate and be an equal and how do I do so without him basically freaking out?

So what if he freaks out? What are you, scared? Are you afraid the big bad alpha male is going to hurt you? Be a BIGGER alpha and let him know that you will ***** slap him if 'he' steps out of line.
 

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
I posted a similar thread, feeling I wasn't top dog and didn't like it.

Not much response, but generally the feeling was a true alpha is unconcerned about it, he knows who's the Daddy.

I'd say within reason let him take the lead, learn from him/model him. As soon as you are apart from him you can assume the role and be dominant.

The only time it matters might be if he is creating a situation that you are not prepared to tolerate, in which case, like anybody, you should make a stand.

Also, I guess the group assigns the top dog, not the top dog. So the answer would be to influence them, not fight with your mate over it. But do you really want to go down that route.?
 

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
324
Reaction score
1
Location
SOL III/Terra
kel,

In a group of alpha male friends there can't be a group alpha, otherwise clashing will occur.

What has to happen is that all the guys in the group need to realize that they have to be wingmen for each other and so all the guys can be dominant.

Maybe you can start that discussion with your friend(s). All of you can be dominant.

I'm still learning all this DJ stuff too so like Alpine said, learn from your alpha friends and figure out what works for you.

For myself, the dominant wingmen concept works with a select group of friends that I hang with.

Ditto on biker_gixxer's reply. Don't back down but don't diss your buddy either. He has to know that you're dominant too and it can work to his advantage as well because an alpha can always use another alpha wingman.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mav
 

AFCinBC

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Age
66
Location
MT
I have the same problem, but the thing is with me I never argue or try to gain social dominance ... what for I'm by far the smarter and more attractive the only reason *alpha* males try to gain dominance is because they arnt really alpha they just pretend like they are by overcoming the insecurities they have with lots of aggression/overtalking ect. I just let them run with it because most of the time they just look like jackasses anyway. thats why at parties everyone else is bumping chests... and I'm talking to the girls. because I'm natural if its a contest on who is the bigger man they can have the ego trip... I'll have the girls.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
16
Age
44
Location
belleville, il
dont worry about him..and what role you play with him.

**** roles.

this is ur MOVIE..and you Star in it. Maybe in his movie you are"robin" but thats his..so ignore him..and be your own Superman
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
please shut up about alphas and betas. there are no such things
 
Top