Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Civil War 2024 (trailer)

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Really excited about watching this movie. Will be also released on IMAX.

It's an independent non-Hollywood movie (ie released by A24) but it sounds like a crazy premise of a formal theatrical release movie.

Sort of looks like Olympus Has Fallen vibe (2013) with Gerald Butler, but this one looks really fresh.

Kind of reminds me of looking at that movie 2012 in the year 2009, when the end of the world on Dec 21, 2012 was getting intense around that time, but in the end, business as usual. Probably would be the same with this one too right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't need to watch, I already know what side wins.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From wikipedia:

In the near future, a team of journalists travel across the United States during the rapidly escalating Second American Civil War that has engulfed the entire nation, between the American government and the separatist "Western Forces" led by Texas and California.

Seems like a pretty ridiculous premise, as Texas and California would almost certainly be fighting on the opposite sides in any hypothetical civil war.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Read “Unintended Consequences”.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Gentlemen, those who choose to continue this discussion remember that politics are off limits.

Let’s keep it inside the navigational beacons.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From wikipedia:

In the near future, a team of journalists travel across the United States during the rapidly escalating Second American Civil War that has engulfed the entire nation, between the American government and the separatist "Western Forces" led by Texas and California.

Seems like a pretty ridiculous premise, as Texas and California would almost certainly be fighting on the opposite sides in any hypothetical civil war.
Outside parts of West Texas & the panhandle, Texas is basically California lite especially Austin.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe they should have casted Gerald Butler on this one.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pure fantasy, a civil war on the same scale as the first one is impossible. America’s biggest divide is rural vs urban currently, hard to fight a civil war on that.
I don't know the screenplay of the movie and we know they can't give too much away of the story on a trailer otherwise it would spoil the movie. You have to give it the benefit of the doubt until the movie is premiered so at least you have some reaction from the seasoned movie critics who can then tell us whether the movie has a sellable storyline and is worth seeing. Now, people might like different aspects of a movie. One aspect I look at is atmosphere and I think the trailer is doing a good job of selling the atmosphere of the type of movie this is going to be. The trailer may be doing a disservice of revealing a plot detail that would make the movie seem absurd or challenge suspension of disbelief. If it turns out to be a great movie then the marketing department should have concealed that plot detail as its not doing any favours to selling the film.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing that is good is they are not using any A-list actors to sell the movie. In a movie landscape where you don't get many movies except cheap horror movies or super-expensive cgi laden franchise movies, this is something when something independent comes around that reminds me of 00s released movies before the streaming services were entrenched.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
From wikipedia:

Yes and considering Texas is not connected to the rest of the US Energy Grid and has already had instances where people are getting 20K+ electric/gas bills during times when their grids get stressed, all you would need to do is attack their power plants and they'd be done for.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I’d have Texas Rangers deployed to destroy all the ac compressors, problem solved.

Darwinism at its finest.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I find it interesting in this film, that the President of the Rump of the United States, is in his *third* term. I wonder why, in this alternate history, the 22nd Amendment was modified or repealed?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I find it interesting in this film, that the President of the Rump of the United States, is in his *third* term. I wonder why, in this alternate history, the 22nd Amendment was modified or repealed?
Not necessarily...there could be a loophole exploited in the language itself...it is governing elections. Let's say a President serves 2 terms, then gets defeated but come back in the next election 4 years later as the VP and they end up winning and the president dies.

He would likely argue that he wasn't elected president and that he would rightfully be the President due to how the rules work.