Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Children - how bad really is it ?

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On my way home from work yesterday i called to get something to eat ,the restaurant was a peri chicken place casual but relaxed and not really somewhere i'd say you would take kids especially not at 6.30pm on a Monday evening

As i am sitting down in rocks this family with two young girls maybe around 5-6 , immediately the kids are screaming that they don't wanna be there

The parents have absolutely zero control over them and for 15 mins these two little girls are basically running around the restaurant causing mayhem

The parents have given up trying to control them and are just sitting at the table ordering as if it is just them ,

i am kind of thinking wtf is going on , i had to 3rd party witness this for 20 mins and it was giving me a headache i couldn't imagine looking after them for 16 years

-------------------------------------------------------------

The reason i ask this is because a lot of my freinds are now at the "kid stage" , at least 3 of my close freinds all expect kids in the next 1-2 years

The issue is they all currently enjoy .......working away from home 5 days a week ,frequent holidays, partying on weekends and eating out at nice restaurants on the week nights

I have tried to raise the question about how exactly they think children are going to impact these lifestyles but all of them seem to think it will be no issue at all :rofl:

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The parents have absolutely zero control over them and for 15 mins these two little girls are basically running around the restaurant causing mayhem
Its not bad if you you bring up your children to know the boundries and being respectful. If you learn them that you do not accept disrespectful behavior they will understand and learn it and thus behave accordingly. Kids understand way more than one might think and thse concepts. But if you do not do that they will keep pushing the limits and test your insanity to the breaking point.
But that is the issue these days, most people do not have any control over their children and do not do these things. Instead it is the kids that control the parents.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
On my way home from work yesterday i called to get something to eat ,the restaurant was a peri chicken place casual but relaxed and not really somewhere i'd say you would take kids especially not at 6.30pm on a Monday evening

As i am sitting down in rocks this family with two young girls maybe around 5-6 , immediately the kids are screaming that they don't wanna be there

The parents have given up trying to control them and are just sitting at the table ordering as if it is just them ,

i am kind of thinking wtf is going on , i had to 3rd party witness this for 20 mins and it was giving me a headache i couldn't imagine looking after them for 16 years

-------------------------------------------------------------

The reason i ask this is because a lot of my freinds are now at the "kid stage" , at least 3 of my close freinds all expect kids in the next 1-2 years

The issue is they all currently enjoy .......working away from home 5 days a week ,frequent holidays, partying on weekends and eating out at nice restaurants on the week nights

I have tried to raise the question about how exactly they think children are going to impact these lifestyles but all of them seem to think it will be no issue at all :rofl:
Kids aren't easy that is for sure, but it's pretty awesome to watch them grow up and go through stages of their life and help them become quality human beings.

Yes, there will be times you want to ring their necks, but if you raise them properly there will be far more times they surprise you with their awesomeness.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Having kids for me was wonderful. They have been there through everything for me. When I was widowed (their mom), and then other women came and went. But the kids are a great constant in my life.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My social circle is going through this right now and I made a thread about a few months ago.

It can be difficult for the childless guy to deal with their male friends/acquaintances having children, especially children under 5.

There are a lot of lousy parents out there.

The lifestyle of parents with younger children (birth - age 12) is very challenging. The teen years have a different set of challenge for parents. Teens don't need the constant supervision that a child under 10 would need.

TB24

Don Juan
Reaction score
Those kids/parents surely are bad examples. But having kids changes your life completely. If you want your life like you have before you got kids, you will be disappointed. A lot. It will be frustrating.

I have 4 kids between 5 and 11. I love them more than anything in this world. But I surely have to sacrifice a lot of things. It's getting better now as there is no toddler anymore. But your life changes definitely.

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Those kids/parents surely are bad examples. But having kids changes your life completely. If you want your life like you have before you got kids, you will be disappointed. A lot. It will be frustrating.

I have 4 kids between 5 and 11. I love them more than anything in this world. But I surely have to sacrifice a lot of things. It's getting better now as there is no toddler anymore. But your life changes definitely.
Yes. I have three and if you think your life is not going to change you’re sadly mistaken. It was hard when they were little but got easier as they grew up. I used to laugh at my wife trying to reason with them at <5 yrs old. “They don’t think like adults dear, lower your expectations.” My buddy’s wife was all worried that his kid needing help. I asked, “how old is he?” He says “2”. I laughed and told him, “Terrible twos! Yeah, kids that age are little a$$holes! It’s just a phase.” I really miss those days now as me kids are teenagers and almost out of the house.

Be ready to sacrifice and put yourself last. Some times I wanted to send them back but wouldn’t know what to do without them now. Having gone through those same types of situations, I have deep sympathy for new parents.