Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cheat sheet: The 48 Laws of Power

gonnamakeit

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is pathetic stuff. Following those is the opposite of a man. It makes you a deceveing lying little *****. It's all about makeing up some bullsh1t facade of what you are not showing people how you really are and not careing wether they like you or hate you but knowing your at least being real. If you deceve your way to the top I don't care what the outside world thinks of you or how much "power" you have your still weak.

It's like juicers or someone who takes a short cut wo win a race everyone can thnk there the best there not there just worthless scum.

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
gonnamakeit said:
This is pathetic stuff. Following those is the opposite of a man. It makes you a deceveing lying little *****. It's all about makeing up some bullsh1t facade of what you are not showing people how you really are and not careing wether they like you or hate you but knowing your at least being real. If you deceve your way to the top I don't care what the outside world thinks of you or how much "power" you have your still weak.

It's like juicers or someone who takes a short cut wo win a race everyone can thnk there the best there not there just worthless scum.
so you disagree on these

Law 5

So Much Depends on Reputation – Guard it with your Life

Reputation is the cornerstone of power. Through reputation alone you can intimidate and win; once you slip, however, you are vulnerable, and will be attacked on all sides. Make your reputation unassailable. Always be alert to potential attacks and thwart them before they happen. Meanwhile, learn to destroy your enemies by opening holes in their own reputations. Then stand aside and let public opinion hang them.
Law 9

Win through your Actions, Never through Argument

Any momentary triumph you think gained through argument is really a Pyrrhic victory: The resentment and ill will you stir up is stronger and lasts longer than any momentary change of opinion. It is much more powerful to get others to agree with you through your actions, without saying a word. Demonstrate, do not explicate.
Law 10

Infection: Avoid the Unhappy and Unlucky

You can die from someone else’s misery – emotional states are as infectious as disease. You may feel you are helping the drowning man but you are only precipitating your own disaster. The unfortunate sometimes draw misfortune on themselves; they will also draw it on you. Associate with the happy and fortunate instead.
Law 13

When Asking for Help, Appeal to People’s Self-Interest,
Never to their Mercy or Gratitude

If you need to turn to an ally for help, do not bother to remind him of your past assistance and good deeds. He will find a way to ignore you. Instead, uncover something in your request, or in your alliance with him, that will benefit him, and emphasize it out of all proportion. He will respond enthusiastically when he sees something to be gained for himself.
Law 16

Use Absence to Increase Respect and Honor

Too much circulation makes the price go down: The more you are seen and heard from, the more common you appear. If you are already established in a group, temporary withdrawal from it will make you more talked about, even more admired. You must learn when to leave. Create value through scarcity.
sum of the laws are harsh but the rest is gold.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Phenomenal One said:
so you disagree on these

sum of the laws are harsh but the rest is gold.
I agree 100% totally. I like how it gives historical "stories" or accounts of "transgression" of the law or execution of the law being talked about. It helps imbed the law in my brain to think about when I'm in a similar situation involving a quick decision. You MUST follow these laws, or be fodder for lawyers, enemies, Friends, and all sorts of those willing to Steal from your time, your money, your life. I like the one about Envy, how you can prevent envy by changing Your behavior - the opposite of bragging, just lay low, always.

kingman

Don Juan
Reaction score
It made me sick to read this...........

These were the worst ones:

Law 7

Get others to do the Work for you, but Always Take the Credit
( You make enemies with this one)

Law 2

Never put too Much Trust in Friends, Learn how to use Enemies

( if you follow this , you will never have good friends. You are basically telling yourself that there is no such thing as a good friend) ( the best thing is to avoid enemies, not use them. If you do that you will have people who makes you depressed in your life, so it conflicts with Law 10 Infection: Avoid the Unhappy and Unlucky)

These was the best ones:

Law 30

Make your Accomplishments Seem Effortless
( people don`t like bragging )

Law 38

Think as you like but Behave like others
( people like people who can relate to them)

I just want to say that I understand this philosophy. If you are following these rules you are indirectly saying:

I don`t trust anyone but myself, and because of that I will never give my trust to anyone. Everyone in this world only care for them self, and because of that I will do the same.

Wrong, some people actually do care about others and are good people.

This is a to negative way to see the world.

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree 100% totally. I like how it gives historical "stories" or accounts of "transgression" of the law or execution of the law being talked about. It helps imbed the law in my brain to think about when I'm in a similar situation involving a quick decision. You MUST follow these laws, or be fodder for lawyers, enemies, Friends, and all sorts of those willing to Steal from your time, your money, your life.I like the one about Envy, how you can prevent envy by changing Your behavior - the opposite of bragging, just lay low, always.
a person who leaves themselves open to be manipulated, taken advantage of etc.
is like someone standing in the middle of a battlefield / warzone.

alot of times you can create envy / jealousy just by doing nothing,
when something good happens to you that makes some people take a hard look at their own lives.

you think the guy that can't get laid to save his life wants to hear from someone about you gettin laid like a rock star lol.

I just want to say that I understand this philosophy. If you are following these rules you are indirectly saying:

I don`t trust anyone but myself, and because of that I will never give my trust to anyone. Everyone in this world only care for them self, and because of that I will do the same.

Wrong, some people actually do care about others and are good people.

This is a to negative way to see the world.
things like trust,respect are earned.
people don't want what's easily given to them, because they'll look down upon it and take advantage of it.

lets me tell you a little history about me that fits sum of these laws.

when everyone ran their mouths off, i never said much other than what i thought was necessary(Laws 4)
90% of the time i never stood out and of course i was over looked in alot of situations (Law 6)
i got into many arguments which in the end did'nt benefit me at all (Law 9)
i used to always be around, to the point where people asked me if i had anything else going on in my life (Law 16)
i always tired to fit the role others wanted me to, what everyone else wanted went before what i wanted (Law 25)
no matter what i did someone else always benefited (Law 31)
i treated myself like crap. i was'nt this, i didnt have that and i saw myself as just average. of course others saw me as that too (Law 34)

those laws and this sites have helped me alot.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kingman:
Get others to do the Work for you, but Always Take the Credit

( You make enemies with this one)
You are neglecting to consider "standing on the shoulder of giants."
Never put too Much Trust in Friends, Learn how to use Enemies

( if you follow this , you will never have good friends. You are basically telling yourself that there is no such thing as a good friend) ( the best thing is to avoid enemies, not use them. If you do that you will have people who makes you depressed in your life, so it conflicts with Law 10 Infection: Avoid the Unhappy and Unlucky)
The key operative word is "too much" trust. Unquestioning trust. Friendships are not static and unchanging and do dynamically evolve over time. The problem is even the best friendships can evolve down the wrong road, especially if high sums of money become involved, and you need to remain astute. Your friends may also have too much trust in ultimately untrustworthy people. My bedroom was recently burglarized and items of importance were stolen while I was vacationing in Phoenix because my roommate threw a party where friends brought friends.
Make your Accomplishments Seem Effortless.
You rated this law positively while contradicting yourself. The way to make your accomplishments seem effortless is by, not entirely but in part, getting others to do work for you while you "take the credit."

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More on Power:

Something that might add up to Greene´s Laws

There are four controlling personality types:

1. Cool Heads.

Some people are completely aware of using power plays; just as conscious as the person who flicks a switch in order to turn on a light. To certain teachers, psychotherapists, salesmen, doctors, politicians, political organizers, and bosses, the manipulation of human beings is second nature; a straightforward process applied to further their aims with only their own conscience as their guide. When conscious manipulators meet resistance, their response is deliberate and systematic: they either escalate or withdraw to a safe position to wait for a better opportunity, which they eventually use to advantage. They are not passionate and do not get angry or particularly involved. They operate to remain unnoticed; softly and good-naturedly. They are cold-blooded and they are in a powerful minority because they are effective.

2. Hot Heads.

A second group of people are instinctive power players. They grow up in an environment in which power plays are used frequently and freely, and they learn to use them accordingly. Their use of power plays is semiconscious, not necessarily deliberate. They are hotheaded power players, who, when met with resistance, often lose control and escalate and tend to wind up getting less of what they want rather than more. When they raise children, they teach them how to power-play and then proceed to practice their skill with them. More often than not, the children of hotheaded parents can't wait to get away from them. But when they eventually do, they can't help continuing the hothead pattern with their spouses, friends, or their own children.

3. Innocents.

The third category of people are basically naive. Due to their upbringing, they do not have power-playing skills and do not seem particularly aware that power plays even exist. They try to get things by innocently asking for them, expect to get them, and often do. They are surprised when they discover the extent to which some people power-play to control others.

4. Cooperators.

The fourth type reject the use of power plays and believe that it is better to cooperate than to compete to achieve what they want. They know power plays exist, know how to use them, and how to stop them, and also know how to respond cooperatively. They too are a powerful, effective minority and often are defectors from the ranks of conscious power players.

Conversational Control

Another way in which people control others is through their conversational behavior. Presumably, the actual purpose of any conversation is an exchange of points of view. We can disagree, work toward an agreement, or agree. But very often conversations do not have that aim at all, and are in fact attempts to control others with words. Under those circumstances, if I have a point of view, and see that yours differs, I will do everything I can to change your point of view to mine, with you presumably doing the same, so that our conversation goes from being an exchange of ideas to being a battleground for thought control. Unfortunately conversations between people are often a struggle for control, rather than a cooperative exchange of ideas.

Last edited:

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blue Phoenix said:
3. Innocents.

The third category of people are basically naive. Due to their upbringing, they do not have power-playing skills and do not seem particularly aware that power plays even exist. They try to get things by innocently asking for them, expect to get them, and often do. They are surprised when they discover the extent to which some people power-play to control others.

4. Cooperators.

The fourth type reject the use of power plays and believe that it is better to cooperate than to compete to achieve what they want. They know power plays exist, know how to use them, and how to stop them, and also know how to respond cooperatively. They too are a powerful, effective minority and often are defectors from the ranks of conscious power players.
There is one passage from 48 laws which really struck home with me and prompted me to re-evaluate myself when I was originally reading the book.
Those who claim to be nonplayers may affect an air of naivete, to protect them from the accusation that they are after power. Beware again, however, for the appearance of naivete can be an effective means of deceit. And even genuine naivete is not free of the snares of power. Children may be naive in manys ways, but they often act from an elemental need to gain control over those around them. Children suffer greatly from feeling powerless in the adult world, and they use any means available to get their way. Genuinely innocent people may still be playing for power, and are often horribly effective at the game, since they are not hindered by reflection. Once again, those who make a show or display of innocence are the least innocent of all.

You can recognize these supposed nonplayers by the way they flaunt their moral qualities, their piety, their exquisite sense of justice. But since all of us hunger for power, and almost all of our actions are aimed at gaining it, the nonplayers are merely throwing dust in our eyes, distracting us from their power plays with the air of moral superioriy. If you observe them closely, you will see in fact that they are often the ones most skillful at indirect manipulation, even if some of them practice it unconciously. And they greatly resent any publicizing of the tactics they use every day.
I'm genuinely innocent and think of myself as a nonplayer but I then realized I'm the described candidate to be highly effective and there's no way around the game of power. My sense of control over my own life has noticeably changed in the past ten months of owning the book. The laws of power as it pertains to one's life aren't about controlling others as it is controlling yourself and your life.

ThePrize

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it's a choice we should all be making. Whether to care about others or not. To be a lightworker or a darkworker. I myself believe that these laws of power are based on fear.

If you want to experience a life of love I suggest you don't manipulate others in such a selfish way. Helping an other human-being is the same as helping yourself.

You can be a man without hurting others. You can have INTEGRITY. You can have CONVICTIONS. But you don't need fear-based schemes to manipulate.
But it's like I said, it's all choices you make.

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
ThePrize said:
I guess it's a choice we should all be making. Whether to care about others or not. To be a lightworker or a darkworker. I myself believe that these laws of power are based on fear.

If you want to experience a life of love I suggest you don't manipulate others in such a selfish way. Helping an other human-being is the same as helping yourself.

You can be a man without hurting others. You can have INTEGRITY. You can have CONVICTIONS. But you don't need fear-based schemes to manipulate.
But it's like I said, it's all choices you make.
did you actually READ all 48 laws or did you either :

a. read the title and thought anything with the word power in it is bad.

or

b. skim through the rules to find the worst ones.

ThePrize

Don Juan
Reaction score
Phenomenal One said:
did you actually READ all 48 laws or did you either :

a. read the title and thought anything with the word power in it is bad.

or

b. skim through the rules to find the worst ones.
I read like the first 20. After that randomly skimmed. I have read enough though to make that conclusion for myself.