Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cheat sheet: The 48 Laws of Power

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is pathetic.

Only weasels can benefit from this. And they'll never be happy no matter what.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheEnergizer:
Keep others in suspended terror?
The other half was "create an air of unpredictability."

This law certainly applies to seduction. You don't want girls to find you too predictable or else they may find you common and take you for granted. There needs to be some sense of chase, of push 'n pull, the uncertainties of competition anxiety, the sense you are interested but not so invested that you can't walk away at any moment.

don't trust, even deceive your friends?
The law is to not place too much trust. It's easy to trust friends when you have nothing, but it's not so easy when you have things of value. Friendships are also dynamic in nature, subject to the whims of gradual change, rather than static and unchanging. You can become blind-sighted and victimized by change.

And hey, your friends do lie to you.
The problem is that you often do not know your friends as well as you imagine. Friends often agree on things in order to avoid an argument. They cover up their unpleasant qualities so as to not offend each other. They laugh extra hard at each other's jokes. Since honesty rarely strengthens friendship, you may never know how a friend truly feels. Friends will say that they love your poetry, adore your music, envy your tastes in clothes—maybe they mean it, often they do not.
Honesty is not always the best policy: "Honesty is actually a blunt instrument, which bloodies more than it cuts. Your honesty is likely to offend people; it is much more prudent to tailor your words, telling people what they want to hear rather than the coarse and ugly truth of what you feel or think."
totally not a required read to having a good life at the very least.
But yet, the book protects you from the abuses of power. Know your enemy's playbook and you will not fall into their traps.
Lion:
Excerpt from Law 2: If you have no enemies, find a way to make them.
The book only briefly mentions this and in the context of war. The Japanese invaded China in 1939, during a civil war between the Communists and Nationalists. The Japanese retreated and gave the Communist army practice to fight the Nationalists. "Without a worthy opponent," Mao explained, "a man or group cannot grow stronger."

Reaction score
This are the notes from the book The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene, if you didnt realize that already haha. The reviews on Amazon.com are insightful and some are interesting. I would read the reviews before you purchase the book... many believe this book is a MUST read.

http://www.amazon.com/48-Laws-Power-Robert-Greene/dp/0140280197

wow... my thread sure got popular... are their any laws you guys are confused about?

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mandiblard said:
Only weasels can benefit from this. And they'll never be happy no matter what.

Politicans are a good example. ;) AFC's who were probably bullied in school and now seek power over others so that they can feel superior.

Power in itself isn't a bad thing depending on how somebody comes to power. In the examples from the book its basically telling you to lie, deceive etc. Basically lower your standards of behaviour. Real men don't do that, only AFC's do that.

The book itself is correct in everything that it says but it doesn't mention the negatives of following those laws.

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
Politicans are a good example. ;) AFC's who were probably bullied in school and now seek power over others so that they can feel superior.

Power in itself isn't a bad thing depending on how somebody comes to power. In the examples from the book its basically telling you to lie, deceive etc. Basically lower your standards of behaviour. Real men don't do that, only AFC's do that.

The book itself is correct in everything that it says but it doesn't mention the negatives of following those laws.
the Real Man knows people may use those on him
and is'nt afraid to turn those rules on them.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog:
Power in itself isn't a bad thing depending on how somebody comes to power.
I agree.
In the examples from the book its basically telling you to lie, deceive etc.
Examples may involve lies and deceit but there are examples of honesty. There is a whole chapter on honesty!

Greene does advise you sugar coat your opinions and carefully watch what you say, unless you desire to be regarded as rude, arrogant, and isolate yourself. We can consider this deceit as a good thing. But aside from white lies, the book doesn't seem to say you must lie or deceive. You have the option of leading a totally honest life, mindful however of the many ways how honesty may hurt you.
Most laws have examples of transgressions of law and also reversals of when you shouldn't do or should do opposite of the law. This considers negative consequences. The laws also provide checks and balance. If you're caught spying on someone (law 14), you're violating keep your hands clean (law 26) and guarding your reputation (law 5), leading to isolation (violating law 18). One example of a warning: "If people begin to suspect you're worming secrets out of them under the cover of conversation, they will strictly avoid you."

x86

Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
So real men lie, cheat, steal etc. I have a different opinion of what a real man is.
I think what he is actually say that real men need to know what rules people might play by.

For example "Control the Options: Get Others to Play with the Cards you Deal"

You need to be able to recognize people might give you fake options in order to truly see what is going on.

hansol

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lion said:
Excerpt from Law 2: If you have no enemies, find a way to make them.

Can you shed some light on how and when this is practiced?
What this means is actually fairly straight forward: often times "enemies" allow one to perform above and beyond what one would normally be capable of. Remember the Ali vs. Fraser fights? De Le Hoya vs. Trinidad? Superman vs. Doomsday? Michael Corleone vs. The 4 Families? The Canada vs. Russia Summit Series?

Having an enemy keeps a Man on his toes, and performing at his peak. You go the extra mile with your efforts, "just in case". You work harder, cover your ass, and often times think (and thusly act) on things you never would have originally considered had you not had this external force forcing you to think and consider options.

Long story short, having enemies actually prevents (or should, unless you are a total oblivious moron) a Man from becoming complacent and medicore in one's endeavours.

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
So real men lie, cheat, steal etc. I have a different opinion of what a real man is.
law 1 : never outshine the master

a great example of this is an aspiring with a bunch of friends who are afcs, do you think they want the guy to become a dj ? no. he'll just put an magnifying glass on the way they deal with woman.

law 4 : always say less than necessary

this is common knowledge, people never know when to stfu.

law 5 : so much depends on reputation - guard it with your life

you can have a reputation that's based on a lie and people will still act as if it's true
i'd like to believe people have a mind of their own but they don't. a crazy, untrue rumor about you can snowball into a fact if enough people believe it/say it.

law 9 : win through your actions, never through
argument

arguing does nothing but waste time that could've been spent walking away.

law 32 : play to peoples fantasies

the truth scares the sh!t out of people,
ignorance is bliss for them.
i'm a shy guy so i don't talk that much about myself or what i do.
this intrigues woman, they wanna know my story.
these day i'm using this to my advantage

law 38 think as you like but behave like others

alot of people are have talk about sosuave and their views on the world to other people
and it's never turned out well, alot of people have the same opinions, beliefs & mindsets.

off course they are some laws in the book that are just too much.

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Law 2: If you have no enemies, make them

This one really struck a chord with me. I have a cousin who I was very close with until 24-25, when I realized I had to put some distance there. He's the big jolly fun guy who everyone likes and never rubs anybody the wrong way, but he is the biggest gossip behind everyones back, and betrayal is first nature to him. I know other "fun, unassuming, TRUSTWORTHY" people who are like this as well. It's part of the feminized man, why should they confront anybody directly when they can spread sh!t about you behind your back with only a slight chance of being held accountable? These are the same pvssies who love to tell girls about what a dastardly player I am.

While I agree with the sentiment that it is actually good for you to make enemies, my adoption of this rule is to be WARY of others who have no enemies. They are @sskissers, backstabbers, and social cowards.

Splendidostring

Don Juan
Reaction score
Perfect step to become a sociopath. Nice.

I just can't agree to these rules, this is just anti-human. If everyone were to follow that, we'd be worse then robots. Fvck this.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I study/listen to all of this Robert Greene stuff. VEry helpful. To pickup these truths, absorb them into your brain, you can think back to them as you're out in the real world dealing with real people, who may or may not seek to do you in. Potent. I'm a believer.

What you don't know can Kill you.

Reaction score
Splendidostring said:
Perfect step to become a sociopath. Nice.

I just can't agree to these rules, this is just anti-human. If everyone were to follow that, we'd be worse then robots. Fvck this.
I sometimes think this laws fit the italian mobster or urban ganster the best... where almost everyone around him is a potential envious enemy.

Austin3.8

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im supprised that no one has brought up Robert Greene's other book, The Art of Seduction. Its arguably something most of you guys should read a few times.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
The popular guy who gets all the chicks might give a clueless powerless guy advice that would only keep that guy in his powerless state such as "just be yourself" rather than advice that would actually help the clueless guy change his life for the better...
Enter the mainstream media, public schools, etc.

Jon55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of these tips are very good. Some are very selfish. Most of them should be use VERY minimally, if it all. Sometimes you need to get the upper hand in a situation, and these could benefit you. The important thing is to not abuse them.

Slashco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting, and something tells me that they work. All that remains is to rid yourself of all traces of conscience and basic empathy for your fellow human beings, and you're on your way to the good life... :|

Seriously, this reads like a manual on how to be a lying, selfish, manipulative, narcissistic sociopath. Perfect for politicians and religious leaders though. :)

56andre

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is a highly intellectual book rather than all inspiring, one book i would recommend is The Way of The Superior Man by David Deada