Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

changing to muscle groups twice a week

swigue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I have been lifting, running, and eating right for the last 6 weeks and have lost 15-18 lbs :eek: ,not sure about BF% (still too high) but am looking better in the mirror.

My current lifting routine is:

Mon: deadlifts, pulldowns, rows, bi curls

Wed: Flat Bench, close bench, tri presses

Fri: squats, Mil press,

I am not really seeing the gains I have in the past, though I am sore. Probably has to do with weight loss...but since I am still a beginner I was thinking of changing to this schedule. Please give advice:

Mon: Bench, Dips, Mil
Tues:Deadlifts, Rows, Lat PD, Bi curls

Thurs: Same as monday except adding squats
Fri: Same as tuesday

Cardio will be 2 days running and one day racquetball w/ the occasional swim mixed in on Saturdays for fun.

Also will bump up my protein intake slightly.

Is this too much? I know I can just try it, but what do you guys think?

For reference: I am 5'11", 196lbs
Deadlift work set: 3 x 10 @215
Bench: 3x 10 @150
Squat 3x10 @205
Don't know if that gives you a frame of reference for my lack of hugeness. :)

-Swigue

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a hunch that the reason you arent seeing enough gains lately is that you are already overtraining. Is your performance in the weightroom plateauing (definite sp) as well? Do you feel sluggish/lazy in the weightroom, with no motivation? If any of the above are true, you are probably already overtraining. If that's the case, you should still try out this new routine. If you are overtraining already, you are going to feel even worse doing this new routine.

bottom line - try it out. See how your mind/body react. Adjust as necessary.

swigue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure about the plateauing bit, though I could see why you'd say that. I don't feel tired or lacking in motivation.

I used to be able to do reps with 180-195 after 6/7 weeks of lifting. That was last year. I got off track and have been a piece of crap since then, but this time I'm not going up as fast.

Is this the difficulty of adding muscle and losing weight that people talk of?

I have lost a ton more weight this time than last.

I am not going to stop losing weight as that is my main goal for now. I was wondering how I could maximize this work and was thinking that maybe going two days a week would help.

What else more protein??

I eat probably 110g's or so a day now.

My cals are probably around 1700-1900 a day. I am not as disciplined about my cal/protein intake as I'd like to be but school is kicking my @ss this semester and I don't have any more time to devote to cooking/planning etc.

Hmmmm...does any of that make sense?