rgeere
Master Don Juan
This seems odd to me asking these sort of questions, because normally I am able to find these sort of answers by searching within myself and then posting a worthwhile article in response for others to read, but I have to admit I am at a total loss on this one..
I am wondering if I can get some feedback from you guys on my current dilemma.
I want to change my image away from the *smart* intelligent type of aura I project to people. The past couple of girls I have met have all commented that I am *intelligent* and they all seem to label me as some sort of computer person. You know, like a computer geek except maybe a bit more refined.
This really bugs me because I have sworn off computers and video games and have begun to search for new meaning in life beyond these old self-destructive habits. I really really do not need people reminding me.
One thing I have tried to do is to not hang around, and politly avoid at times, some of the people I know that insist on acting like they are insufficent, unkempt, lackies who hang around in their own click away from the people who are are suave and djish.
Don't think I am putting these guys down, as they have been friendly to me and want to be friends with me. I just can't relate to the type of lifestyle they project anymore. In fact, in most ways they are not only counter-productive to their own selves and abilities, I feel at times they are unintentionally trying to drag me down to the same level.
I told them today that I will not talk about negitive subjects in public with them. Like debating, conspiracy theories, religion, or basically anything that will scare most normal people outside of their click away, including the majority of girls at school who I have personally witnessed leave once these guys (I use to join them in discussions) would start talking.
Now back to the purpose of me writting this post...
I have ABSOLUTLY no idea what to talk about to anyone now that I have told the people around me that I don't want to talk about these things.
Seriously, I just can't think of anything worthwhile to say ... It's like I have been stuck acting this way for so long that I havn't grown past it.
Somehow I am going to have to find a way to carry on a conversation using neutral subjects that will not chase people off.
Well, I know I can do it. I can change myself from the inside out just like I have been doing all along and nothing is going to stop me. I will gain the level of social comprehension I want regardless of the difficulties.
I am wondering if I can get some feedback from you guys on my current dilemma.
I want to change my image away from the *smart* intelligent type of aura I project to people. The past couple of girls I have met have all commented that I am *intelligent* and they all seem to label me as some sort of computer person. You know, like a computer geek except maybe a bit more refined.
This really bugs me because I have sworn off computers and video games and have begun to search for new meaning in life beyond these old self-destructive habits. I really really do not need people reminding me.
One thing I have tried to do is to not hang around, and politly avoid at times, some of the people I know that insist on acting like they are insufficent, unkempt, lackies who hang around in their own click away from the people who are are suave and djish.
Don't think I am putting these guys down, as they have been friendly to me and want to be friends with me. I just can't relate to the type of lifestyle they project anymore. In fact, in most ways they are not only counter-productive to their own selves and abilities, I feel at times they are unintentionally trying to drag me down to the same level.
I told them today that I will not talk about negitive subjects in public with them. Like debating, conspiracy theories, religion, or basically anything that will scare most normal people outside of their click away, including the majority of girls at school who I have personally witnessed leave once these guys (I use to join them in discussions) would start talking.
Now back to the purpose of me writting this post...
I have ABSOLUTLY no idea what to talk about to anyone now that I have told the people around me that I don't want to talk about these things.
Seriously, I just can't think of anything worthwhile to say ... It's like I have been stuck acting this way for so long that I havn't grown past it.
Somehow I am going to have to find a way to carry on a conversation using neutral subjects that will not chase people off.
Well, I know I can do it. I can change myself from the inside out just like I have been doing all along and nothing is going to stop me. I will gain the level of social comprehension I want regardless of the difficulties.