Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Changes in Online Dating

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's still a lousy experience. You have had multiple lousy experiences on swipe apps. It is less common for a 6'4" guy who is fit to have bad swipe app experiences. 6'4" and fit/muscular is what most women on a swipe app seek to get from using it.
Swipe apps are trash for men overall, though certain metros will be better or worse than others. I'm convinced the women that are on there aren't even really looking for anything or have no idea what they are actually trying to find lol. I think swipe apps are mostly just scams to take money from men who will purchase the additional features when they see that they are getting nowhere. I believe they are intentionally designed to prevent men from getting matches in order to pull this off. I'm older and in my early 30s now, but if a guy with my height and build gets nothing on them than the vast majority of men are completely wasting their time.

Last edited:
Reactions: RBK

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Swipe apps are trash for men overall, though certain metros will be better or worse than others.
My life is better as a result of not using them.

I'm convinced the women that are on there aren't even really looking for anything or have no idea what they are actually trying to find lol. I think swipe apps are mostly just scams to take money from money who will purchase the additional features when they see that they are getting nowhere. I believe they are intentionally designed to prevent men from getting matches in order to pull this off.
Your viewpoint has merit.

I'm older and in my early 30s now, but if a guy with my height and build gets nothing on them than the vast majority of men are completely wasting their time.
Swipe apps are a waste of time for anyone who isn't in the Top 5-10% of men. Your combination of height and physique would make more likely you'd do well on apps but that hasn't happened for you.

Being early 30s is a decent time for being on apps. Plenty of 25-32 year old women are on them.

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Being early 30s is a decent time for being on apps. Plenty of 25-32 year old women are on them.
Being in college is a pretty bad age for being on the apps. Not much age range for girls. They almost never date down in age. I’m gonna have a friend take some semi-professional pics tomorrow. Goal is to create a profile with all my pics having a 8-8.5+ photofeeler rating. Wish me luck while campus is empty in the summer.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My life is better as a result of not using them.

Your viewpoint has merit.

Swipe apps are a waste of time for anyone who isn't in the Top 5-10% of men. Your combination of height and physique would make more likely you'd do well on apps but that hasn't happened for you.

Again, swipe apps resulted in nothing for me so the rational response would be to no longer use them. This ties in with the thread I made recently about the changes we will see in the coming decades. Women are literally and figuratively swiping left on men that would have been acceptable to women of the pre dating app times. We are even now seeing in the mainstream media that 60%+ of men are single while 30% of women are single.......the fact that those numbers are reaching things like CNN says a lot.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are literally and figuratively swiping left on men that would have been acceptable to women of the pre dating app times. We are even now seeing in the mainstream media that 60%+ of men are single while 30% of women are single.......the fact that those numbers are reaching things like CNN says a lot.
Women have been sending a larger percentage of men to the rejection pile.

There are plenty of 65-75 year old Boomer males out there who had reasonably stable dating lives. Some Boomers defied the odds and kept their first marriage for 40+ years, whereas other Boomer males ended up with 2nd or 3rd wives. Either way, these 65-75 year old Boomer males weren't lacking partners. Meanwhile, their 30-40 year old Millennial sons are more frequently incels or borderline incels. There are plenty of Boomer males out there that would have been incels/borderline incels had they been born during the Millennial generation.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women have been sending a larger percentage of men to the rejection pile.

There are plenty of 65-75 year old Boomer males out there who had reasonably stable dating lives. Some Boomers defied the odds and kept their first marriage for 40+ years, whereas other Boomer males ended up with 2nd or 3rd wives. Either way, these 65-75 year old Boomer males weren't lacking partners. Meanwhile, their 30-40 year old Millennial sons are more frequently incels or borderline incels. There are plenty of Boomer males out there that would have been incels/borderline incels had they been born during the Millennial generation.
We've discussed this many times on this forum and I've actually had this conversation with some people I know, family, etc. I've literally cited examples of boomer males that these people knew that got married and had children and mentioned that if they were born in the 90s they'd never get dates, let alone get married or have children. I've noticed that the older generation did not pick up on this idea about 10 years ago but I've noticed that over the last couple years they are now aware of this issue. Again, when you are seeing such things discussed on a mainstream news channel, such as CNN, you know it's a problem that people are now becoming aware of.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We've discussed this many times on this forum and I've actually had this conversation with some people I know, family, etc. I've literally cited examples of boomer males that these people knew that got married and had children and mentioned that if they were born in the 90s they'd never get dates, let alone get married or have children. I've noticed that the older generation did not pick up on this idea about 10 years ago but I've noticed that over the last couple years they are now aware of this issue. Again, when you are seeing such things discussed on a mainstream news channel, such as CNN, you know it's a problem that people are now becoming aware of.
In 2021, the median age of a CNN viewer was 64, and the median age of an MSNBC viewer was 68. I've not seen Fox News' stat on that for 2021, but in the 2010s, Fox News' median age viewer was late 60s.

Boomers are the median age viewer on cable news as well as TV newscasts like NBC Nightly News.

What you're seeing right now is that more and more Boomer and early Gen X'ers have adult sons somewhere between age 20-40. These Boomers and early Gen X'ers are seeing a larger percentage of their sons struggle in the mating marketplace. When the Boomers and early Gen X'ers were under 30, people in the mating marketplace only struggled if they were abnormally flawed. For instance, Neil Strauss is an early Gen X'er, born in 1969. Neil Strauss was a borderline incel in the late 1990s/very early 2000s before getting involved with Mystery and other PUAs due to his 5'6" height and baldness. Now, it's not only flawed guys who struggle but men who are too ordinary.

In the 1970s-1980s, a 50th percentile man had a fighting chance of achieving modest goals in the mating environment. A 50th percentile guy who was 25 years old in 1980 (born 1955 - so typical Boomer) either could count on getting married soon or was already married. They could get a wife who wasn't overweight. Maybe it'd work and maybe they'd have children. 25-40 year olds today who are the 50th percentile man are basically trash to similarly aged women.

The thread above was about men who are above average in salary ($75k-125k) and even looks getting sent to the rejection pile. When a man making $90k struggles to get dates and also struggles to get more than 2-3 dates with any woman, that's problematic. There are more and more instances of men, even strong earning women, failing to get women's attention for any meaningful sort of period.

Online dating (both the swipe apps and the social media DMs) contribute to this. Online dating has partially replaced social circle and nightlife venues for starting interactions as compared to the 1970s-1990s, when the Boomers and Gen X were young adults.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One good thing I've noticed is that a lot less girls are putting "Liberal" in their profiles. Think some of them are starting to wisen up. If they do designate something for politics it's usually "Moderate" or "Apolitical" whatever the hell that means.

I did see one girl with "she/they" in her profile. Which made me dislike her a more than it should have. The pretentiousness in some of these younger women holds no bounds.

radha

Don Juan
Reaction score
One good thing I've noticed is that a lot less girls are putting "Liberal" in their profiles. Think some of them are starting to wisen up. If they do designate something for politics it's usually "Moderate" or "Apolitical" whatever the hell that means.

I did see one girl with "she/they" in her profile. Which made me dislike her a more than it should have. The pretentiousness in some of these younger women holds no bounds.
Yep thank God the pendulum is swinging back in the moderate direction. There was awhile there where every third profile was loaded up with blm swj neo Marxism **** they learned from their university indoctrination. No way I could have ever have a serious conversation with a person like they.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If dating lives come down to A/B testing and algorithms, that's a sign someone needs to get outside and talk to people in real life.\

A 6'0"+ guy with big muscles isn't concerned about A/B testing and algorithms. Be that guy. Be 'Chad'.
That's a myopic statement, people have always tested out what works for them in their dating and romantic lives regardless of the medium. And *any* experiment is more useful the more the variables are controlled. Logic 101 - and yes we apply logic when we aren't directly interacting with a female.

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hopped back on OLD a month ago, Hinge and Bumble. One thing that sticks out to me is the inordinate number of tall women, 5'8 and above. Seems to be out of sync with the height of the average US woman which is 5'4.
Because all the cute 5”0-5”4 girls date the 6ft+ dudes

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep thank God the pendulum is swinging back in the moderate direction. There was awhile there where every third profile was loaded up with blm swj neo Marxism **** they learned from their university indoctrination. No way I could have ever have a serious conversation with a person like they.
Freaking nightmare. I'm too busy to deal with educating some of these dumb young broads. Come at me ready to go.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also think the OLD algorithms, at least on the ones I use like Hinge and Bumble, match people of similar physical appearance. I'm not claiming to be Brad Pitt, but am considered well above average looking and notice the first few swipes each day are women who are reasonably attractive and then it noticeably and quickly goes downhill from there. I'm sure these apps are using facial recognition AI software and match like with like.