Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Changes in Online Dating

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me the main problem is that they took away the option to filter out the fatties. Waste of time having to swipe through them.
I mentioned this on a different thread, but the best way to do so is to look at their photos. If they ONLY have face pictures it's very liekly they are incredibly overweight. I'm not sure if this is related to genetics or hormones, but there are many women who can be quite overweight but have a face that looks normal. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but what I'm saying is if you looked at only there face you'd never guess that they were overweight.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mentioned this on a different thread, but the best way to do so is to look at their photos. If they ONLY have face pictures it's very liekly they are incredibly overweight. I'm not sure if this is related to genetics or hormones, but there are many women who can be quite overweight but have a face that looks normal. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but what I'm saying is if you looked at only there face you'd never guess that they were overweight.
People that get catfished by fatties were just using the Hope Strategy.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell us more about this Hope Strategy (™)
So lets say @sangheilios matches with Tina and she is the only match of the week that is talking to him and expressing interest in meeting up. Tina's face looks cute, but most of her pics are above the waist shots and there's this one pic that exposes her fat arms. @sangheilios applies the hope strategy by saying maybe it's just a bad angle, she could've lost weight after those pictures were taken, and etc. He decides to go on the date and Wallah, she's a whale lol.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So lets say @sangheilios matches with Tina and she is the only match of the week that is talking to him and expressing interest in meeting up. Tina's face looks cute, but most of her pics are above the waist shots and there's this one pic that exposes her fat arms. @sangheilios applies the hope strategy by saying maybe it's just a bad angle, she could've lost weight after those pictures were taken, and etc. He decides to go on the date and Wallah, she's a whale lol.
Based on what I can recall of stories told here over time, I think that exact story has actually happened to @sangheilios.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never used this but I have friends both male and female, and no one is completely satisfied except for one female friend. She is actually decent looking, a lot of fun, only a little emotionally damaged... she's definitely NOT for me, but my guess is that 80% of men would be happy as fvck to have her as a girlfriend.

She meets and hooks up with men, and her only complaint is that the guys she finds online fall for her too fast... and she rotates these dudes out ever 3 months or so. She's having fun, but she also complains that she is frustrated that she can't find a man that she can keep.... but in the meantime she is fine with what is going on now. But I get a sense that even she is getting tired of it.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To top it off I personally believe TPTB have algos designed to only allow those who are down with certain things to be able to match. I get far less action than a year ago but I’m the same guy. Something changed

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I figured this out a while ago. Face only pictures = 100% guaranteed to be a big fat pig.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To top it off I personally believe TPTB have algos designed to only allow those who are down with certain things to be able to match. I get far less action than a year ago but I’m the same guy. Something changed
If you like trannies you get matches all day. Just ask John Anthony.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember Hinge and Bumble before covid I was eating good multiple matches and dates per week
Once lockdown hit more people flooded the apps and boom the apps got ruined for me lol

M

member160292

Women are fine with being perpetually sucked into online dating as another means for gratification. It’s just the norm, they will filter hard just to be on a first date. The trick is finding one who just started online dating because they are more ‘easy’ to get off it.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hopped back on OLD a month ago, Hinge and Bumble. One thing that sticks out to me is the inordinate number of tall women, 5'8 and above. Seems to be out of sync with the height of the average US woman which is 5'4.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We have no places like that in Arizona and it sucks. There's NAU in Flagstaff full of blue haired hippie girls and that's it. Probably the closest place is Las Cruces in NM, which is a stone's throw from the Texas border.
NAU is in Flagstaff, which is not considered a mid-sized market. Flagstaff is considered a small market as it is sub 150,000. Las Cruces, NM is also sub 150,000 population too.

Tucson is the closest thing to a mid-sized market, and that's 1 million. Tucson has been on the higher end of a mid-sized market since the 1980s.

One thing that sticks out to me is the inordinate number of tall women, 5'8 and above.
That would be indicative of 5'8"+ women having a more difficult time finding longer term matches than women 5'7" and under.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are fine with being perpetually sucked into online dating as another means for gratification. It’s just the norm, they will filter hard just to be on a first date. The trick is finding one who just started online dating because they are more ‘easy’ to get off it.
The key is the eyes. If they look arrogant and vacant, or jaded and vacant, avoid. If they are fresh and vibrant, that's a good sign.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the exact same position you are OP. Just jumped back on Bumble and Tinder, never been on Hinge, might try it. My experience has been different. I'm getting barely any matches. I even paid the $10 to be able to see who swiped right on me. There will be days with zilch. Back, five , six years ago, no problem at all getting matches and dates. My pictures have changed, aren't as good but they're close... the results shouldn't be as they currently are. I even matched with some old 6 bartender on Bumble who I convinced myself to put effort in, once she messaged me. That message inevitably didn't come though lol. I'm pretty good in person though so I'm thinking I'm going to have to step up my day game. Just go that route.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the exact same position you are OP. Just jumped back on Bumble and Tinder, never been on Hinge, might try it. My experience has been different. I'm getting barely any matches. I even paid the $10 to be able to see who swiped right on me. There will be days with zilch. Back, five , six years ago, no problem at all getting matches and dates. My pictures have changed, aren't as good but they're close... the results shouldn't be as they currently are. I even matched with some old 6 bartender on Bumble who I convinced myself to put effort in, once she messaged me. That message inevitably didn't come though lol. I'm pretty good in person though so I'm thinking I'm going to have to step up my day game. Just go that route.
Might be worth trying the old pics for proper A/B testing

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Might be worth trying the old pics for proper A/B testing
If dating lives come down to A/B testing and algorithms, that's a sign someone needs to get outside and talk to people in real life.\

A 6'0"+ guy with big muscles isn't concerned about A/B testing and algorithms. Be that guy. Be 'Chad'.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Based on what I can recall of stories told here over time, I think that exact story has actually happened to @sangheilios.
It's happened a couple times I tried using tinder, though I never utilized the "hope" strategy.....I never had much hope anything would come of it lol.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's happened a couple times I tried using tinder, though I never utilized the "hope" strategy.....I never had much hope anything would come of it lol.
That's still a lousy experience. You have had multiple lousy experiences on swipe apps. It is less common for a 6'4" guy who is fit to have bad swipe app experiences. 6'4" and fit/muscular is what most women on a swipe app seek to get from using it.