Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Change

andy87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good day folks im looking for some advice and if anyone has experienced the same. What im starting to notice is the more successful I am being in life the more people are being off with me, an example an older friend who I have been friends with for years, we used to talk on a regular basis has totally went cold with me no contact or anything from him now, also (this hurts more) is my dad is even being different with me, I've noticed a big change in my dad with the way he is with me, I think it's because in doing all the things he should of done and is feeling a bit of jealousy with it, it's getting that bad om thinking about cutting him out my life as its getting too the point it's getting me down anyone experienced this?

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There will always be people who dislike you, sometimes out of jealousy from success, sometimes for other reasons. You can’t make everyone happy nor should you necessarily try, but you must be careful to not use “they hate me because I’m successful “ as a universal justification to not examine yourself and ensure that is what is really going on. It could be that you are treating people poorly.

Have you talked to your friend or dad to try to get their take on it rather than making assumptions?

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is changing in your view of the world?

I've experienced this with some of my friends who are either approaching or in their 40s and are still living paycheck to paycheck due to either their poor life choices or bad luck. At least one of them is truly in a bad position with kids and driving uber to make ends meet. I used to be able to talk to these guys, but these days when we talk they inevitably get on a soap box and start talking about how they need some government action to come save them from their ****ty choices. I disagree with them heavily on this, but I've learned to keep my mouth shut because they're so blue pilled that they'll attack me as stupid if I try and reason with them.

I've lost the desire to talk to these guys. One of the reasons is that when I see them now, I see myself as I used to be and it makes me cringe. Very few friends will persist in your life over time, this is absolutely normal.

That said, you should resist any and all urge to think that you're better than anyone else, if you're showing pride could be what's causing people to drift away from you. If pride comes knocking, you say thank you and tell that sh!t to take a hike. "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self"

Do not cut your dad out of your life unless he turns into a true fvckhead, if anything be nice to him and do some cool stuff with him. Have an honest conversation with him.

You getting down about what is happening is on you and only you can fix that.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something I learned in business long ago, and it has served me very well...

Mostly everyone (99% maybe) will hate your success and relish in your failure

It usually stems from their own inherent weaknesses...
-Jealousy about their lack of ambition, skills, or motivation
-Unwillingness to accept their fabricated limitations
-Pride to admit they have poor decision making in critical situations
-Envy of others success

If you can't find a partner that is 100% onboard with your success, you're screwed. As David deida says, "you must be willing to give up everything for your purpose"

What you do to them depends on the relationship. I usually just limit contact and gatherings with that individual, never telling them why or how. It's not much different than ghosting a woman. If you treat people who envy you well, they can be great tools I time of need.

andy87

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is changing in your view of the world?

I've experienced this with some of my friends who are either approaching or in their 40s and are still living paycheck to paycheck due to either their poor life choices or bad luck. At least one of them is truly in a bad position with kids and driving uber to make ends meet. I used to be able to talk to these guys, but these days when we talk they inevitably get on a soap box and start talking about how they need some government action to come save them from their ****ty choices. I disagree with them heavily on this, but I've learned to keep my mouth shut because they're so blue pilled that they'll attack me as stupid if I try and reason with them.

I've lost the desire to talk to these guys. One of the reasons is that when I see them now, I see myself as I used to be and it makes me cringe. Very few friends will persist in your life over time, this is absolutely normal.

That said, you should resist any and all urge to think that you're better than anyone else, if you're showing pride could be what's causing people to drift away from you. If pride comes knocking, you say thank you and tell that sh!t to take a hike. "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self"

Do not cut your dad out of your life unless he turns into a true fvckhead, if anything be nice to him and do some cool stuff with him. Have an honest conversation with him.

You getting down about what is happening is on you and only you can fix that.
Just lack of contact and a slight hint of jealousy, putting me down any chance they have, it's not like im bragging about anything it's just the life I have chosen to improve myself day by day work hard and achieve my goals. As I've gotten older most humans are not nice people but can't do anything about it.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just lack of contact and a slight hint of jealousy, putting me down any chance they have, it's not like im bragging about anything it's just the life I have chosen to improve myself day by day work hard and achieve my goals. As I've gotten older most humans are not nice people but can't do anything about it.
Don’t talk about your success at all unless directly asked? If you already do this it’s not your problem that they are mad you make the right decisions in life.