Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Change of plans: when to call/what to suggest?

Reaction score
Okay, once again I'm gonna ask for a little DJ input on my situation, because I'm kind of at a loss. I'll do a quick recap: girl at work, DJ'd her successfully, she flirts with me like crazy, I ask her out, she says YES. I call her the day before, she tells me she realizes her homecoming game is that day, she's busy all weekend, she's really sorry, and she makes a counter-offer for early this week. I figure, no biggie, she was just so eager to accept the date proposal that she made conflicting plans.

Anyway, the plan was to see her early this week at work. Unfortunately, I just got a phone call saying that our one and only shift together is cancelled due to the store being flooded.

Here's the problem: my birthday is tomorrow, then Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I'll be going on a trip with my close friends to Mexico to celebrate my bday. So I'm pretty much out of commission for the rest of the week, and I haven't even SEEN her since last Wednesday (a week ago today).

Now I'm all for detachment and making her wonder if I'm interested, but now I'm worried about looking like a chump. I really want to finalize some date plans, but I'm genuinely busy until next week!

So now I'm wondering whether to call her and try to set something up for next week (kinda way in the future), or just sit tight till I see her again and make her wonder... kind of as a "punishment" for postponing our last date. By the way... my goal for this one was an LTR, not a FB or something similar.

What do you think my course of action should be at this particular crossroads?

Xandaman

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah I would just let her know I was gone without making future plans somehow, probably not on the phone though if thats possible. Then if she makes future plans with you during that conversation thats fine, otherwise wait till you get back to set something up and start talking again.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her when you come back.

Don't be a regular chump. Sh#t happens - you've got a busy life. Let her wonder.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try to get back together after your trip.

Oh and, don't call a day before to "confirm" or whatever unless you setup a date more than 3 days beforehand.