cellphone cord/accessory?

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
I got a new phone recently, and I'm wondering, how the heck do you transfer your pictures/video/sound, etc from your phone to your computer?

I don't want to pay an extra fee to send the file over the Internet with my phone and email it to myself...unless that's the only way?

Or is there a cord you have to buy? I never thought it would be complicated...I thought you just upload it with usb.

I have a Sony Ericsson...but it doesn't have a usb port...even the headphone jack is really weird looking.

thanks

FRëSHURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by h2o
I got a new phone recently, and I'm wondering, how the heck do you transfer your pictures/video/sound, etc from your phone to your computer?

I don't want to pay an extra fee to send the file over the Internet with my phone and email it to myself...unless that's the only way?

Or is there a cord you have to buy? I never thought it would be complicated...I thought you just upload it with usb.

I have a Sony Ericsson...but it doesn't have a usb port...even the headphone jack is really weird looking.

thanks
There is probably a cable which you need to buy to connect it. It will probably be fairly expensive. You're Australian right? think $60+. That was the prices I was getting when looking for a cable like that for my Nokia.

BUT being a new phone, I assume you have bluetooth on it?

You can buy a bluetooth connecter for your computer (if it hasn't got one) which plugs into your USB ports.
Its small, and clean, wireless. And slightly cheaper. But it is slower. I chose bluetooth because I MAY be able to connect more things to my computer with it - long term, then I could with the cable.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who's your provider, there are lots of ways to transfer files for free depending on who you have.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
well, I don't have bluetooth. but my provider is cingular. it would be really nice if it is free.

$60 for a cord is damn expensive, the phone itself was $30 with rebates and plan discounts.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What sort of phone do you have? If you don't have bluetooth, you're probably going to have to either go through infrared or a data cable. While the cord will retail at the shop for $60, you can pick up a non-OEM one for under $10 on eBay. I've gone through the same problems numerous times so I can understand your frusteration (try having a half-dozen naked pics of chicks on your phone and having bluetooth not want to work, and no data cable handy)...