Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

careless driving ticket

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Any of you ever get one, i got one tonight and its costin me 189 bucks.

any advice? should i just pay it or go to court and plead not guilty and get a lesser charge...

im in minnesota btw ;P

Damian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends...what'd they pin you on exactly? Careless driving could mean a multitude of things.

-Damian

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Damian
Depends...what'd they pin you on exactly? Careless driving could mean a multitude of things.

-Damian
thats all it was.. careless driving.

off the record i was doin donuts in a parking lot and a cop saw the whole thing. -_-

SinisaD

Don Juan
Reaction score
My first and only ticket was for going 80 in 55mph zone, was only $56 dollar ticket Luckey me i had no previouse records.

Tho thats a bummer man... I do donuts all the time with my truck now so much fun!!! expecially wehn there are couple of people doing it. But am kinda risking it cuz my truck has lift kit + big tires so yeah :down:

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, fighting tickets is always a good idea if you have either a reasonable defense or a reason to believe that the judge will pardon you for having a clean history or clear your record for going to traffic school.

Second of all, in the state I live in moving violations cannot be given on private property, such as a business parking lot. I discovered this after getting a seatbelt ticket while in a wal-mart parking lot, and it got dismissed because I was on private property and therefore not subject to traffic laws.

Check out http://www.answerbag.com/c_view.php/2032 to see if your question is addressed here

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Alright well i called up an attorney and he hooked me up with some good advice.

im probably going to end up paying for the ticket but ill try and plead my case and make a deal to keep it off my driving record.

thx for the replies fellas.

keep pimpin

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You shouldn't have any problem speaking to the DA before you go in to the courtroom and having it bumped down to a non-moving violation, which won't increase your insurance rates. 9 times out of 10 they'll cut a break for a first offender, unless the cop wrote "ND" on the top of your ticket (which means "NO DEAL").

Best bet is to dress up in at least slacks and a button down - at most a suit and tie (preferred) and apologize for the whole fiasco.

Kinda reminds me of the time I went to court for a speeding ticket and the judge asked who I was defending.