Cardio Before Or After Lifting Session?

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Just want your opinion on which is the best routine for muscle gain and some weight loss.

01.Do my lifting session first.. Take 10mins rest.. Then 20 mins on the treadmill?

02.Get 20 mins cardio done first, rest.. Then lifting session?

03.Do cardio separate day from lifting?

Which is the best method.

How This "Nice Guy" Steals Women from Jerks

Did you know a woman can be totally UN-ATTRACTED to you...

And she'll still sleep with you?

If you've ever seen a girl go home with some asshole she didn't even LIKE, you know this is true.

But how is this possible?

Because deep inside her brain, sexual desire has nothing to do with what you LOOK like...

And everything to do with how you make her FEEL.

Matt Cook knows this all too well.

Matt is a nice guy... but he steals women from JERKS all the time.

In this free video training below, he'll show you how he does it:

How to Control Her Emotions and Make Her Chase You

switch7

Senior Don Juan
cardio after, and no rest, straight on the treadmill incline walk for me usually.

HankHill

Senior Don Juan
I'm no one to give advice here but for what it's worth $0.0 I do my 7-10 min on the elliptical right before lifting to get the blood circulating, heart rate up and to serve as a warm up. Then the next day (no lift days) I do 20 mins on the elliptical.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
I'm no one to give advice here but for what it's worth $0.0 I do my 7-10 min on the elliptical right before lifting to get the blood circulating, heart rate up and to serve as a warm up. Then the next day (no lift days) I do 20 mins on the elliptical.

I can see how that would work, just for a warm up.. but for actual weight loss? Would have to be more than 10mins on treadmill

HankHill

Senior Don Juan
Ah! yeah in that case I would personally do the cardio after so I save my energy for the lifting session first. Kind of like eating your protein before your vegetables lol

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
I've always heard and read to lift first to utilize your peak performance for lifting. A quick warm up on an elliptical is fine but to not tire yourself out before you lift.

Alternate depending on what the focus is for the workout. You might have 3 Lifting focused days, and 2 Cardio focused days, and 2 Active Rest Days a week, then flip it the next week to 2 Lift days and 3 Cardio. You still do both but you Lift harder and heavier on the Lift Days, and do only maybe 20 minutes of Cardio not getting your heart rate up as much, Vice Versa on the Cardio days. Active rest is low heartrate activity. Walk for an hour. play catch, stretch....

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Depends on your goals? Are you trying to focus more on building strength? I lean towards cardio after during "bulking season" and cardio before during cutting season. During cutting season, weights are just supplemental for strength maintenance.

I need to cut a little.. Have made some solid gains.. I'm looking bigger and more muscular, however have gained a little unwanted fat around the belly.

I want to lose some of the unwanted fat.. I reckon the best option is.. 3 days lifting weights.. Then two days pure cardio!

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
That's probably still too much emphasis on weights. Take up a cardio passion - basketball or any kind of sport, running, swimming, cycling, etc. You don't have to do much lifting for strength / size maintenance.

During cut, I really only do Bench Press, Weighted Pull-Ups, and Barbell Rows, once per week. Lower body and lower back doesn't atrophy if your cardio base is running or cycling.