Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cardio And Muscle Loss? Real Chit Or Myth?

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Clearly you have trouble reading. The discussion was about if distance running makes one skinny and emaciated. "Endurance" track events is a misdirection, as is your personal internet snipes.
I did stay on topic. Again. Sugar burners turn to protein breakdown after their glycogen stores are depleted. Basically 400 to maybe 600 grams of stored glycogen for a trained athlete. Sugar burners DO NOT start burning fat stores to continue endurance. These endurance sugar burner athletes supplement sugar (glycogen, fructose grains)during their activity to continue.

Fat burners have the same amount of stored glycogen but they are fat adapted and burn a near unlimited amount of fat calories to sustain endurance.

Anyone who thinks that 100, 300, 500, 800 meter interval training is endurance training is dumb as a post and is not an athlete. He is a dabbler. He dabbles in things. He reads and listens to video guys. I have no idea what “bro” science is.

Show us your abs. No more talking. You are not reading any of my posts or your head is so full of garbage that it isn’t getting in.

Continue doing what you are doing. You are not here to see what, if anything works. You are here to make others wrong in their thinking. But some of them have abs. Where are yours?

I even gave science references. You have no idea how many years it has taken for me to learn this stuff. I’m well past 40 and have a great set of abs and am a force to be reckoned with. I have almost no wrinkles because I figured out how to use the correct fats for skin care. I learned it from a woman in Asia years ago. A woman stopped me and begged me for the recipe in a store recently.

First get to the point where you have actually obtained excellence. Then talk if you want.

Last edited:

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
I will start a new thread on how to build cardio capacity whereby fat is burned and not glycogen.

If you burn up all your glycogen on a run or cardio endeavor, you WILL breakdown protein (muscle) to fuel your body. Your body doesn’t run on air. It will need a fuel source to burn. If you have trained your body to run on grains and sugar, it will not go to fat to burn. It will break down protein and then convert it into glycogen in the liver for your body to burn as fuel.

Sprints and intervals are NOT cardio or cardio training. They burn glycogen (sugar) stored in the muscles and other various systems of the body. Any excess glycogen (sugar) from your diet gets stored as fat.

This is why calories in / calories out is a terrible formula to work off of. It’s not that simple.

CS Project

Reaction score
You need cardio to be able to **** hard without losing your hardon. Especially if you wanna do something like thw piledriver but even normal positions can get tiresome fast.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that 100, 300, 500, 800 meter interval training is endurance training is dumb as a post and is not an athlete. He is a dabbler. He dabbles in things. He reads and listens to video guys. I have no idea what “bro” science is.
This is a straw man fallacy. Such a fallacy is typical misdirection by not addressing the argument actually put forth. Sub 800 meter sprints are not endurance events. However, they are all events that utilize aerobic capacity (especially at 200 meters and up) through building speed endurance. Olympic sprinters do in fact utilize endurance training in practice. Nice try though on the misdirection.

Show us your abs. No more talking. You are not reading any of my posts or your head is so full of garbage that it isn’t getting in.

Continue doing what you are doing. You are not here to see what, if anything works. You are here to make others wrong in their thinking. But some of them have abs. Where are yours?
Ad hominem attack. These usually follow the straw man as the poster becomes frustrated with the person making the argument. I don’t need to qualify to an old man with a bitter attitude. I’m 100% sure you can’t squat twice your body weight for reps nor can run a 200 meter sprint in under 24 seconds. Both of which I did this year at 30 years of age. You have at least a decade of wear and tear on me, so that wouldn’t be a wise challenge to issue.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will start a new thread on how to build cardio capacity whereby fat is burned and not glycogen.

If you burn up all your glycogen on a run or cardio endeavor, you WILL breakdown protein (muscle) to fuel your body. Your body doesn’t run on air. It will need a fuel source to burn. If you have trained your body to run on grains and sugar, it will not go to fat to burn. It will break down protein and then convert it into glycogen in the liver for your body to burn as fuel.

Sprints and intervals are NOT cardio or cardio training. They burn glycogen (sugar) stored in the muscles and other various systems of the body. Any excess glycogen (sugar) from your diet gets stored as fat.

This is why calories in / calories out is a terrible formula to work off of. It’s not that simple.
No one is interested in your pseudo science. Sprints “aren’t cardio” is a laughable statement. Go do ten 200 meter sprints in under 35 seconds with a sub 3 minute rest between heats and tell us what will happen to your VO2 max after a month of this kind of training.

For those who don’t follow track, that’s a typical sprinter workout.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
No one is interested in your pseudo science. Sprints “aren’t cardio” is a laughable statement. Go do ten 200 meter sprints in under 35 seconds with a sub 3 minute rest between heats and tell us what will happen to your VO2 max after a month of this kind of training.

Says a nerd from a basement that never excelled in anything. There are plenty of people interested in success. Especially in this arena.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score

That’s not cardio!!!! That anaerobic not aerobic. LMAO
My heavens that’s ignorant. That’s accessing ATP and the anaerobic glycolysis system.

However it is valuable for an endurance athlete. This system, developed, will give an endurance runner or cyclist a very good kick at the end of the race. The man with the best kick will win.

Where do these guys come from?

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Says a nerd from a basement that never excelled in anything. There are plenty of people interested in success. Especially in this arena.
If they want to listen to your broscience that's on them.

That’s not cardio!!!! That anaerobic not aerobic. LMAO
My first post already proved that false. There are no sprint races that are purely anerobic, and training for them involves both anerobic and aerobic training.

My heavens that’s ignorant. That’s accessing ATP and the anaerobic glycolysis system.

However it is valuable for an endurance athlete. This system, developed, will give an endurance runner or cyclist a very good kick at the end of the race. The man with the best kick will win.

Where do these guys come from?
"Endurance athletes" are not the subject here. The OP asked if doing cardio causes muscle loss. As I've answered numerous times: No, it does not.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
"Endurance athletes" are not the subject here. The OP asked if doing cardio causes muscle loss. As I've answered numerous times: No, it does not.
If you are an endurance athlete and are a sugar burner it absolutely does break down protein. Duh. You only have 400 grams of stored energy. If you are a fat burner then it is minimal and you would be correct to a degree. You have to understand the concept. Not parrot off some video retard idea.

All the distances you were talking about, would not deplete muscle and you would be correct, providing the diet was optimized. But then those are not endurance distances or aerobic.

So yes, it absolutely has an impact if you are an endurance athlete. You WILL deplete muscle.
So endurance athletic endeavors do belong in this discussion.
Do you have Disability?

To say cardio can’t waste muscle...ever, as a factual statement is a lie. It most certainly can.

Last edited:

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Bullshvt. VO2 max is a direct measure of an athlete's level of cardiovascular fitness. Are you suggesting that high intensity interval training does not improve cardiovascular fitness?
Yes I am. Most definitely. Because it has nothing to do with increasing your cardio vascular threshold. In fact it will lead to overtraining if more than one super hard day a week is instituted. Keeping injury and metabolic syndrome aside of course.

You can take a world class 400 meter sprinter, put him in a marathon or even half marathon and completely wreck his metabolic system and possibly injure him. At the very least, he will not have world class 400 meter times for six months.

If you test his muscle density you will find that he has lost 2 to 5 pounds of muscle. It’s been done so many times that it’s a no brainer.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are an endurance athlete and are a sugar burner it absolutely does break down protein. Duh. You only have 400 grams of stored energy. If you are a fat burner then it is minimal and you would be correct to a degree. You have to understand the concept. Not parrot off some video retard idea.

All the distances you were talking about, would not deplete muscle and you would be correct, providing the diet was optimized. But then those are not endurance distances or aerobic.

So yes, it absolutely has an impact if you are an endurance athlete. You WILL deplete muscle.
So endurance athletic endeavors do belong in this discussion.
Do you have Disability?

To say cardio can’t waste muscle...ever, as a factual statement is a lie. It most certainly can.
Context is everything. I’m confident the OP is not referring to running 10 miles per day as his cardio.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I am. Most definitely. Because it has nothing to do with increasing your cardio vascular threshold. In fact it will lead to overtraining if more than one super hard day a week is instituted. Keeping injury and metabolic syndrome aside of course.

You can take a world class 400 meter sprinter, put him in a marathon or even half marathon and completely wreck his metabolic system and possibly injure him. At the very least, he will not have world class 400 meter times for six months.

If you test his muscle density you will find that he has lost 2 to 5 pounds of muscle. It’s been done so many times that it’s a no brainer.
Your whole argument is disingenuous. I’m not sure why a 400 meter sprinter would be running a marathon. Steady state miles are a part of track sprint training for base aerobic fitness.. but no sprinter is running 13 miles in practice. Carry on with your straw man.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Your whole argument is disingenuous. I’m not sure why a 400 meter sprinter would be running a marathon. Steady state miles are a part of track sprint training for base aerobic fitness.. but no sprinter is running 13 miles in practice. Carry on with your straw man.
LMAO
Complete disconnect. Dysfunctional indeed. I was actually supporting some of what you said.

It’s not dumb fuk. A 400 meter run wouldn’t.
Your mind isn’t assimilating.
Go back to video game.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have enough protein in your diet musclie loss is minimized. Cardio is required to improve blood circulation and oxygen uptake to spread nutrients throughout the body.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Same here. I’ve known a few so called fit guys die from heart failure out of nowhere. I even know a woman who just had heart surgery at 37.

I’m 35 and feel like I’m about to have a heart attack when I trying to squat heavy.

Nowadays all I do is regular weight lifting and medium cardio. And I eat meat only once a day.

I think Americans have an obsession with being big. But heart disease is the number 1 silent killer in America. Most people’s diets are total crap. Even women.

I was over a chicks house once and looked into her fridge and it was nothing but brownies, cheese cakes, whip cream, ramen noodles, chocolate candy, and beer, lol. And she looked perfectly healthy.

Personally for me I like the thin and athletic look. Better for my health. I train in boxing so I don’t feel like I need to be jacked to defend myself or intimidate anyone.
Heavy muscles are unsustainable. I also prefer defined and lean. The last thing I need is heavy muscles weighing me down and stunting my athleticism. I’m naturally big anyway. 6’2” about 205

Sponty

Banned
Reaction score
I have almost no wrinkles because I figured out how to use the correct fats for skin care. I learned it from a woman in Asia years ago. A woman stopped me and begged me for the recipe in a store recently.
Correct fats for skin care? Recipe, you have peaked my interests good man? Can you further explain this?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meat is fine so long as it’s not fried and is lean cut. I eat more fish and poultry thought.

I’m 5’7, with less than 10% body fat. My weight fluctuates from 162 (late fall end of cardio season) to 170 (early spring, end of lifting season). I prefer the heavier look as I’m naturally smaller framed.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Same here. I’ve known a few so called fit guys die from heart failure out of nowhere. I even know a woman who just had heart surgery at 37.

I’m 35 and feel like I’m about to have a heart attack when I trying to squat heavy.

Nowadays all I do is regular weight lifting and medium cardio. And I eat meat only once a day.

I think Americans have an obsession with being big. But heart disease is the number 1 silent killer in America. Most people’s diets are total crap. Even women.

I was over a chicks house once and looked into her fridge and it was nothing but brownies, cheese cakes, whip cream, ramen noodles, chocolate candy, and beer, lol. And she looked perfectly healthy.

Personally for me I like the thin and athletic look. Better for my health. I train in boxing so I don’t feel like I need to be jacked to defend myself or intimidate anyone.
Men should train according to their age and also factor into account their lifestyle.

If a man is white collared, stays in the city, then adjust accordingly.

If a man is blue collared, stays on a farmland, then adjust accordingly.

If u r young, teens or early adult, then by all means please push ur body, the early the better, these will be the foundations that a man will rely on when he hits mid 30's through his 50's and beyond.