Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Captain marvel...you go gurl

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I won't see this until it comes out on cable or Netflix. But I don't see how anyone can consider this film a box office failure.
It's already exceeded the domestic and worldwide draws of both Ant Man movies. And I'm thinking Ant Man was a more well known character than Captain Marvel is/was.

I'm curious to see how Shazam does in comparison (since that hero was originally named Captain Marvel). My guess is Shazam outperforms it, it looks more kid friendly.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If they are faking reviews with these bots, how do we know they aren't fudging the numbers on ticket sales?
I don't know enough about theaters and Hollywood to know if that is feasible or not.
But these Marvel movies have been highly successful. SJW stuff aside, I'd be very surprised if no one wanted to see it, because it leads into the next Avengers movie, if for no other reason.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Movies lose money all the time, if it were easy to fudge numbers they never would. Plus the distributors would have to pay off the exhibitors to keep their mouths shut and keep them happy, so they would be spending money hand over fist which would be moronic. Theater owners don't like losing money any more than studios and they don't have to screen any movie they don't want to.

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Watched it the opening week.

It's one of the worst superhero movie I ever saw. The scenario is bad, the main caracter is boring and the actress is talentless.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Watched it the opening week.

It's one of the worst superhero movie I ever saw. The scenario is bad, the main caracter is boring and the actress is talentless.
You basically used the only useful vote they left you (your wallet) to sustain a feminist production.

Not a critic or a reproach clearly, I just disagree with your choice.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I say fudging numbers I mean on the reporting to the news, not the accounting.

Everyone would benefit from it from the hollywood side, so nobody would really know.
Oh, I suppose that could succeed in the short term if the goal were to drive ticket sales. It would come to light sooner or later though, too many moving parts.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These movies are highly successful. I don't think the Manosphere has reached the mainstream influence necessary to take down one of these movies yet. It may get there eventually, but I don't think it's there yet. It might impact the final box office, but it will still be profitable by a large margin.

Kaiser_Y

Reaction score
Always great to have the girl power leftist message on entertainment, after all who wants to just relax his free time after a hard day of work?

We have again yet an other movie where a skinny 5'7 tall woman in her 30s basically will beat everyone and anyone around while teching them moral and being preached from other women and betas.

It goes beyond the movie cause the actress is already lecturing us about how women can do everything anytime and ofc better than man and that only recently we found out.

I really dont understand how they can make money out of such movies, who goes to see them apart the purple haired fat whales from tumblr.

Wonder which razor brand she uses for her legs..
They like those movies for the same reason they like romatic comedies. It's a way for them to accomplish their fantasies in their imagination. Women, as you dudes probably have noticed already, are extremely imaginative creatures. They love you when you paint a fuzzy and colourful dream in their heads.
The feeling of lack of power and being weaker than every skinny dude is always present in their minds. So they have the dream of being powerful and dominant. But we know this is just a fit, and as soon as they have it in real life, they blame us for not taking control and let them ruin things. "You were supposed to look for me, how the hell did you let this happen?". This sort of movies just accomplish the dream for them, without the certain fvckup they always do in real life and without consequences (boy they hate consequences).
This movies succeed for the same reason 50 shades succeeded and wonder woman and every nonsense like this. That's more or less why we watch sports: they fulfill vicariously our desire to be part of something, to cooperate in a team effort to achieve a goal, to be leaders and men. The more the sport are a recreation of a survival activity/strategy, the more popular the sport is.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They may have wanted to appeal to feminists with this movie, but the real audience is guys who like comic books. I think I read somewhere the crowd going to see this film are 60% male. The other 40% is probably mostly the dates the guys drag to see it. This character isn't well known like Wonder Woman, women aren't going to flock to see it.

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
These movies are highly successful. I don't think the Manosphere has reached the mainstream influence necessary to take down one of these movies yet. It may get there eventually, but I don't think it's there yet. It might impact the final box office, but it will still be profitable by a large margin.
This movie isn't successful, people have to see it because it's related to EndGame, which is what everyone is waiting for.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain Marvel is over 760 million and approaching a billion. 55% male audience It's a different world gents.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain Marvel is over 760 million and approaching a billion. 55% male audience It's a different world gents.
Yeah unfortunately there are a lot of people like you out there.

Oh well, next problem.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What basically happens is that someone declares war on you and half of your people happily cheers the invading army as if thats what cool people do.

Its amazing how dumb the average man can get sometime, no woman ever no matter how dumb or stupid would support in any way something against them as sex or trying to belittle them.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What basically happens is that someone declares war on you and half of your people happily cheers the invading army as if thats what cool people do.

Its amazing how dumb the average man can get sometime, no woman ever no matter how dumb or stupid would support in any way something against them as sex or trying to belittle them.
Should be a sticky. It actually might become my sig (nevermind, it's too long).

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and saw it. It was much better than expected. It was a middle of the pack Marvel movie. My only gripe is they could have cast a hotter actress to play her.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and saw it. It was much better than expected. It was a middle of the pack Marvel movie. My only gripe is they could have cast a hotter actress to play her.
I don't know how hot she is, but just looking at Brie Larson irritates me. It's because I know she's a man hater, I guess.
The movie's about to hit $1 billion worldwide though, so it's definitely not going to lose money.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So this movie has crossed $1 billion now worldwide, and has $374 million domestic. Pretty amazing considering Avengers: Age of Ultron topped off at $459 million (domestic). Makes me wonder what Avengers: Endgame will gross, it comes out at the end of the month.

Kind of confusing to an old man to see movies named Captain Marvel and Shazam out at the same time. I get the two mixed up (because the Shazam character was originally named Captain Marvel).