Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Captain marvel...you go gurl

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this isn't the point of the above video, but:

At the beginning, they say "Captain Marvel is now a female". But they male Captain Marvel they show at the beginning is a completely different character. They show the Fawcett Captain Marvel (now named Shazam) and compare him to Brie Larson's female Marvel Captain Marvel.
The funny thing about all this is that Marvel's original Captain Marvel was also a male, so they could have made the same point and still been accurate.

I'm curious to see how this movie does. Wonder Woman made a whole bunch of money, people said it gave women a hero of their own to identify with. But Wonder Woman is a much more well known character. Captain Marvel is pretty obscure in comparison, but she does have the advantage of leading into the next Avengers movie. I would normally think this movie would make about as much as an Ant-Man movie, but we'll see if the above factors help it out any.

By the way, do you know what super hero movie has the biggest domestic box office? Black Panther. Mind you, that's domestic, meaning US only. Worldwide, it's been outdone by the three Avengers movies. But I like how the US is supposed to be so heavily racist, but we made Black Panther our #1 super hero movie. Just like we're supposed to be so heavily racist, but we elected a black president (Obama).
The problems is not about the main character being a woman or black, its the agenda behind it, no one complaied about bad boys or any denzel or will smith movie.

People dont like to come back home from work and be lectured on moral in their free time from overpaid hollywood cucks and leftist bratty cvntish actors/actresses.

People complained about the tv show troy cause in ancient greece there were no african in the local armies, let alone achilles, zeus and nestor all being black.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People need superheroes to guide them! (Our world is becoming more chaotic so more need for superheroes)

It's like the Gillette ad or StellaArtois beer. Superheroes movies target women now, starwars did too.

Disney is owning everything and decided to make movies with females in it.

Why? To Make Money

Preaching in Movies or Shows is Not New at all.

Hopefully it won't "become a social justice warrior movie"

To Make Money targetting women.. How? Women now make more money than men in alot of places, they 51% of the population, like any character you want your audience to relate.

Guys will show up to the movies to see a pretty woman (like the post here confirms).

It's win win.

Personnally, I don't mind a female lead as long the movie is good.

BTW, I loved Aquaman (aka Aquabro)

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This assumes that women flock to such movies.

I call bull$hit.

Every girl I ever dated preferred romcoms or Sex and the City types of movies and cringe at anything with "robots", "aliens", "space", or "super people" as my current gf would call them.

Guys, fat girls or older women who are WELL past their peak are the audiences for these movies.

Girls continue to be girls and prefer movies that fit their natural genetic programming.
Agree on that, they dont like action movies or sci-fi unless there is so much drama inside that they are no longer action or sci-fi.

I disagree on the super people however, sometime those super powers are a further way to create drama...the most cringeworthy is when the super hero has to drop his super powers to stay with the girl, thats like a mental gangbang for women.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the most cringeworthy is when the super hero has to drop his super powers to stay with the girl, thats like a mental gangbang for women.
That happened famously in Superman II (1980). But after giving up his powers, Clark Kent almost immediately got his a$$ kicked in a diner. When Zod and his friends invaded the White House, Kent realized saving Earth was more important than his love for Lois (who, you gotta believe, was also having second thoughts after seeing "Superman" get smacked around) so he hiked his a$$ back north in a spring jacket to reverse the super-neutering. After he saved the day, he gave Lois some kind of magical kiss so she'd forget his secret identity (but nothing else, I assume she got the scoop on the big battle). It was one of the weirder storylines but at least Superman realized it's not all about the pu$$y.

Would that happen in a movie today? In Superman Returns (2006), technically a sequel, we find out he knocked up Lois and took off for five years. In Man of Steel, he barely has a relationship with Lois, and Pa Kent tells him when he's young that it might be okay to let a busload of kids die to keep his secret. Things have really gone downhill.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That happened famously in Superman II (1980). But after giving up his powers, Clark Kent almost immediately got his a$$ kicked in a diner.
Ha! I remember that. Who could have seen that as a bad idea? What would have been more realistic is they should have had Lois dump Clark afterwards because she was no longer attracted to him if he wasn't super.
That was one of the better early superhero movies, even if it was heavily flawed.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha! I remember that. Who could have seen that as a bad idea? What would have been more realistic is they should have had Lois dump Clark afterwards because she was no longer attracted to him if he wasn't super.
That was one of the better early superhero movies, even if it was heavily flawed.
I'm a big fan of the first two Superman films, flaws and all. They were written as one big story by Mario Puzo. Richard Donner directed the first and parts of the second, but was fired. WB brought in Richard Lester, who had directed A Hard Day's Night, which is why II has so much slapstick in it. As zany as it was, I liked it. There were different cuts, including one that aired on TV where Zod actually kills a kid, which was pretty dark. I remember seeing that scene when I was young and then never hearing about it again until the internet came along. But overall the sequel has a lot of funny moments and lines.

And pursuant to this thread, one thing I like about those movies was that Margot Kidder gave us a Lois Lane who was feminine yet Type A, I guess a sort of Hepburn type. She was obviously the best reporter at the Daily Planet, and pushed Kent around, but still was in love with Superman. Of course the Superman/Clark Kent duality is a powerful Alpha/Beta male fantasy. How Hollywood can't get it right anymore is a mystery.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the first two Superman films, flaws and all.
All these years gone past, and with everything Hollywood has learned about making superhero movies since:
Those movies are better than the current Henry Cavill version of Superman that we saw in Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman. I thought he was acting a bit more like Superman in Justice League, but it's kind of late. One reason is Christopher Reeve made such a perfect Superman. They need to embrace that character for who and what he is, instead of trying to turn him into a dark, edgy anti-hero.

Sam, I have a feeling we would get along well in real life, lol.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy has a good take on Brie Larson's comments about not wanting too many "white males" reviewing her movie or doing her press.
This has been said in many places by now, but can you imagine any other race or gender being inserted into that statement? Like if someone had said they didn't want too many "black women" or "Asian women" reviewing her movie? But because it's white males she's hating on it's okay?

Apparently not, since she's been getting some pushback on it. More men are speaking up and not standing for being one of the few groups it's okay to discriminate against. Maybe the winds of change are blowing after all.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am much more interested in seeing 12 strong than this ditzy movie. But yeah the feminist imperative everywhere you go is getting a bit old. I used to watch the State broadcasting channels here because they had good docos. Now every time I turn on the TV it's a gay guy or a lezzer. They are 5% of the population. and I've spent a lot of time learning to think for myself I'd rather they didn't damage that

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy has a good take on Brie Larson's comments about not wanting too many "white males" reviewing her movie or doing her press.
This has been said in many places by now, but can you imagine any other race or gender being inserted into that statement? Like if someone had said they didn't want too many "black women" or "Asian women" reviewing her movie? But because it's white males she's hating on it's okay?

Apparently not, since she's been getting some pushback on it. More men are speaking up and not standing for being one of the few groups it's okay to discriminate against. Maybe the winds of change are blowing after all.

She said at one point, "What I am saying is if you make a movie that is a love letter to a woman of color..."

Is she a "woman of color"? She looks whiter than Wayne Brady to me.

I remember 20 years ago there was an urban legend that Lauren Hill said she'd rather her children starve than white people buy her album. She didn't actually say it, but the idea that she might have was controversial. Today, apparently, artists have no problem dividing and insulting their potential audience.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She said at one point, "What I am saying is if you make a movie that is a love letter to a woman of color..."
Is she a "woman of color"? She looks whiter than Wayne Brady to me.
That confused the heck out of me too. I Googled her, and apparently her ancestry is French-Canadian, English, Swedish, German, Welsh, and Scottish. Some of these SJW types are so delusional though, maybe she figures she's a spokeswoman for minorities. I don't get it either.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That confused the heck out of me too. I Googled her, and apparently her ancestry is French-Canadian, English, Swedish, German, Welsh, and Scottish. Some of these SJW types are so delusional though, maybe she figures she's a spokeswoman for minorities. I don't get it either.
I guess after the gender fluid stuff they made the following step and came up with the concept that even race is a social construct...she feels black today, who knows tomorrow.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess after the gender fluid stuff they made the following step and came up with the concept that even race is a social construct...she feels black today, who knows tomorrow.
Lol. No less ludicrous than the gender bending. "I identify as a black woman, therefore I am one, and everyone has to respect and applaud me for it, or else you're all hate mongers".

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really dont understand how they can make money out of such movies
They don't , this movie is 80 million less its predicted revenue. and this is the second feminist movie after last start war movie which also got a big hit on its revenue. I cant recall the source but you can google that

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm starting to think hollywood will bankrupt itself funding these high-budget, low-revenue movies to prop up their gynocentric agenda....it seems they still havent learned their lesson after the Ghostbusters disaster or the Star Wars debacle........

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They don't , this movie is 80 million less its predicted revenue. and this is the second feminist movie after last start war movie which also got a big hit on its revenue. I cant recall the source but you can google that
I'm pretty sure those numbers are domestic, there's also worldwide box office. I'd be very surprised if this movie didn't make its money back.
Besides, Marvel made $2 billion on Avengers: Infinity War last year, and $1.3 billion on Black Panther. I think they're going to be all right.

Captain marvel. Dear oh deary me. Wouldn't have wanted to watch that as an 8 year old.
Yeah, Captain Marvel is a pretty obscure superhero. SJW stuff aside, I'd say this movie's major appeal comes from the first appearance of the Skrulls (shape shifting alien villains) and its place in the movie storyline (it should have connections to Avengers: End Game).

Although I liked comic books when I was younger, I doubt that I would have been excited by a Captain Marvel movie. Avengers though, with Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and the Hulk, yeah I would have wanted to see that. Still do.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So this movie finally opened last night and pulled in $20 million from Thursday night. It's projected to make $100 million over the weekend (domestically), so it should do all right. I'll probably see it when it comes out on cable. Not sure if Marvel movies still go directly to Netflix or not. I heard their agreement is ending, but not sure when it takes effect.

NiceBarn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Last weekend I was eating at a restaurant and sat at the bar. It was downtown in a large city. Two college age girls sit down and talk with the bartender. It’s apparent they’re all friends. They say they just got free tickets to captain marvel. The bartender asks “how’d you get free tickets?” Then the girl says they were just handing them out. Then they moved to the other side of the bar. Didn’t hear any more.

I didn’t think much of it until I saw this video. I wonder if this is related? Are they that desperate to get viewers, they’ll pay people to go see this film?