Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Captain marvel...you go gurl

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Always great to have the girl power leftist message on entertainment, after all who wants to just relax his free time after a hard day of work?

We have again yet an other movie where a skinny 5'7 tall woman in her 30s basically will beat everyone and anyone around while teching them moral and being preached from other women and betas.

It goes beyond the movie cause the actress is already lecturing us about how women can do everything anytime and ofc better than man and that only recently we found out.

I really dont understand how they can make money out of such movies, who goes to see them apart the purple haired fat whales from tumblr.

Wonder which razor brand she uses for her legs..

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Same goes for that wonder women movie. It was lame and yet people liked it because the main hero was a women.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didnt even bother to watch wonder woman, a skinny middle eastern woman that I wouldnt even match on tinder, kicking ass and being preached is far from my interest.

Anyway true that , its the same exact content.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any movie where a woman is jumping around beating guys up does not interest me. I dont understand how any guy can watch stuff like that. It's just a total joke to me. I'm so sick of that girl power junk from Hollywood. Get them back in the kitchen where they belong. I need a sandwich made.

NiceBarn

Don Juan
Reaction score
As for the upcoming Avengers movie, I hope it’s, “The Avengers” and not “Captain Marvel and The Avengers”. All the build up will be a major let down. Sadly being owned by the Disney this is what I expect to happen.

Wonder Woman was meh and Gal Gadot is gorgeous!

Billtx49

Reaction score
It’s important to realize that they’re only extreme fantasy movies, but personally watched WW for a good view of Gal Gidot…
I certainly wouldn’t kick her out of bed…

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same goes for that wonder women movie. It was lame and yet people liked it because the main hero was a women.
I thought the Wonder Woman movie was pretty good, but that last act killed the film. They should have ended it with WW defeating the first villain, and left the whole bit with Ares out completely, or left it for the sequel.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just checked out the 90s-esque website for Captain Marvel and I thought it was pretty clever. I don't know much about the character except that it was the basis for a lawsuit against DC and Shazam. So if Captain Marvel is a female, that's fine with me who cares really. Wonder Woman's been around since the 40s. They're superheroes, not real people. There were Greek goddesses too, there's nothing new under the sun.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just checked out the 90s-esque website for Captain Marvel and I thought it was pretty clever. I don't know much about the character except that it was the basis for a lawsuit against DC and Shazam..
DC eventually had to change the name of their Captain Marvel to Shazam. That bugs me because when I grew up, he was Captain Marvel. Originally, DC sued Fawcett comics because Captain Marvel was too similar to Superman. DC ended up owning the character. From what I hear they've changed his powers now too, to be less like Superman, but I haven't kept up so I don't know. Shazam also has a movie coming out this year - I've heard good things about it, but I think it looks stupid.

In the meantime, Marvel had introduced their Captain Marvel character, who was a male Kree from the planet Hala, named Mar-vell. So even though the original Captain Marvel was older, Marvel ended up with the rights to the name. That character died of cancer, and Marvel over the years had several other characters use the name Captain Marvel. One of these, Carol Danvers, is the subject of the new movie. The Carol Danvers character also has a complicated history, I'm sure all of that will be greatly simplified for the movies, because otherwise it would be a mess.

Carol Danvers used to be known as Ms. Marvel (there's a feminist name for sure). Now there is a different Ms. Marvel, she is a Muslim Pakistani-American who can stretch and grow her hands big. Last I knew of her, she was leading a superhero group called The Champions, who fought crime and promoted diversity.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DC eventually had to change the name of their Captain Marvel to Shazam. That bugs me because when I grew up, he was Captain Marvel. Originally, DC sued Fawcett comics because Captain Marvel was too similar to Superman. DC ended up owning the character. From what I hear they've changed his powers now too, to be less like Superman, but I haven't kept up so I don't know. Shazam also has a movie coming out this year - I've heard good things about it, but I think it looks stupid.

In the meantime, Marvel had introduced their Captain Marvel character, who was a male Kree from the planet Hala, named Mar-vell. So even though the original Captain Marvel was older, Marvel ended up with the rights to the name. That character died of cancer, and Marvel over the years had several other characters use the name Captain Marvel. One of these, Carol Danvers, is the subject of the new movie. The Carol Danvers character also has a complicated history, I'm sure all of that will be greatly simplified for the movies, because otherwise it would be a mess.

Carol Danvers used to be known as Ms. Marvel (there's a feminist name for sure). Now there is a different Ms. Marvel, she is a Muslim Pakistani-American who can stretch and grow her hands big. Last I knew of her, she was leading a superhero group called The Champions, who fought crime and promoted diversity.
I forgot all about Ms. Marvel!

And I remember reading about those lawsuits when I was a kid. I'd read that for a while, Shazam/Capt. Marvel even outsold Superman. Certainly ironic that DC bought the property and themselves got sued. I always thought the Shazam (using that name to clarify) character was out of place - too intentionally hokey. I remember the low-budget live action show from the 70s...they used to rerun it Saturday mornings when I was a kid. Hopefully the new movie is better than that...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always thought the Shazam (using that name to clarify) character was out of place - too intentionally hokey.
That character was definitely aimed toward a younger audience. Remember his nickname, the Big Red Cheese? It was kind of cool when they started bringing him into the DC universe for the first time thoigh, giving him a slightly more serious spin. I used to root for him to beat up Superman lol, those two squared off a lot - they were like Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair.

I remember the first time, they just used him indirectly, and he fought Superman. They called him Captain Thunder, from an alternate dimension, but he was clearly supposed to represent Capt. Marvel, same costume and everything. Then they officially introduced him not long after that. Maybe they didn't have the rights to him yet.

I remember that live action show from the 70s. Yeah, it was horrible, like most super hero shows of the day.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh these crazy gimmicks, lol.

I did a little research, here's that first appearance of Captain Thunder I was talking about. It was in Superman #276, but I was wrong about a few things. The costume is mostly the same, but the symbol on the front is different. Also, I found out that DC had been publishing Shazam for two years at the time of this issue, so they definitely had the rights to the character. But at that point, they did not want to place Captain Marvel/Shazam in the same universe as the rest of the heroes, because Shazam had a much lighter tone.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh these crazy gimmicks, lol.

I did a little research, here's that first appearance of Captain Thunder I was talking about. It was in Superman #276, but I was wrong about a few things. The costume is mostly the same, but the symbol on the front is different. Also, I found out that DC had been publishing Shazam for two years at the time of this issue, so they definitely had the rights to the character. But at that point, they did not want to place Captain Marvel/Shazam in the same universe as the rest of the heroes, because Shazam had a much lighter tone.

Interesting - I was a huge DC nerd back in the day and I have to admit, I've never seen or heard of this "appearance." I remember that whenever it was settled, DC couldn't use "Captain Marvel" on any covers, but it could refer to him as such in the pages of the story.

That fight had nothing on this one:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Greek goddesses were of fertility, beauty and femininity.

Hollywood is driving women to act like men, and this is another ground zero in the war on Nature and western civilization.
Diana, or Artemis, for example, was goddess of the hunt and wild animals and wielded a bow and arrow. Athena was a warrior goddess, female version of Aries. They weren't just cleaning up around the house.

I get the larger point, but we're talking about superheroes for chrissakes. People on Sosuave love to complain about all the snowflakes out there, but a movie comes out and everyone gets their panties in a bundle. Just don't see the movie, problem solved. That awful Ghostbusters reboot got way more ink than it should have because a bunch of red pill men whined about it. The movie supposedly sucked anyway.

I agree that there's way too much overcompensation with female a$$-kickers in Star Wars or Mad Max or whatever, but I didn't spend my time or money on those. If it's a female character like Wonder Woman, i.e. not a repurposed male character, that's fine with me. I guess Captain Marvel is a little more obscure so I don't care. But like I said, there's nothing new under the sun, it's just a way of monetizing these stories as effectively as possible.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess Captain Marvel is a little more obscure so I don't care. But like I said, there's nothing new under the sun, it's just a way of monetizing these stories as effectively as possible.
Yep, Captain Marvel is about as obscure as Guardians of the Galaxy. But that made a ton of money.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this isn't the point of the above video, but:

At the beginning, they say "Captain Marvel is now a female". But they male Captain Marvel they show at the beginning is a completely different character. They show the Fawcett Captain Marvel (now named Shazam) and compare him to Brie Larson's female Marvel Captain Marvel.
The funny thing about all this is that Marvel's original Captain Marvel was also a male, so they could have made the same point and still been accurate.

I'm curious to see how this movie does. Wonder Woman made a whole bunch of money, people said it gave women a hero of their own to identify with. But Wonder Woman is a much more well known character. Captain Marvel is pretty obscure in comparison, but she does have the advantage of leading into the next Avengers movie. I would normally think this movie would make about as much as an Ant-Man movie, but we'll see if the above factors help it out any.

By the way, do you know what super hero movie has the biggest domestic box office? Black Panther. Mind you, that's domestic, meaning US only. Worldwide, it's been outdone by the three Avengers movies. But I like how the US is supposed to be so heavily racist, but we made Black Panther our #1 super hero movie. Just like we're supposed to be so heavily racist, but we elected a black president (Obama).