"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Can't work up the nerve

It's all good!

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Hey guys. So I told my friend a while ago that I had some iterest in this chick, so my bud went and told the girl's best friend, and the best friend said I should go for it, that in her opinion, she thinks the girl is interested. However, i can't seem to work up the nerve to call her because if it doesn't work out, I don't want it to be akward between us because we will probably be seeing each other a lot. I know I should just nut it up and call, but for some reason I'm having trouble working up the balls. Any suggestions?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
I don't know about you, but the unpleasantness of not knowing the answer is far worse than any rejection you could get from a girl. Do you want to look back later and be mad at yourself for never having the balls to ask?
 

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
101
Location
Pimpsylvania
Originally posted by It's all good!
Hey guys. So I told my friend a while ago that I had some iterest in this chick, so my bud went and told the girl's best friend, and the best friend said I should go for it, that in her opinion, she thinks the girl is interested. However, i can't seem to work up the nerve to call her because if it doesn't work out, I don't want it to be akward between us because we will probably be seeing each other a lot. I know I should just nut it up and call, but for some reason I'm having trouble working up the balls. Any suggestions?

Rule #1: NEVER EVER EVER gossip about who you like to sources that have indirect contact with the subject.

Now your ballz are in the palm of her hand. If she doesn't like you, it will be akward when all you guys hang out. You should know better than this dood.

Go read the bible....NOW!!


PIMP
 

nw1512

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2002
Messages
148
Reaction score
2
Age
46
Location
Australia
The best friend would have told the girl you like STRAIGHT away anyway.

So if she's interested (which you should have an idea anyway) she's waiting for you to make your move mate.

Now if you dont say or do anything

Thats going to end up uncomfortable for you as your dis-respecting yourself by not having the BALLS to fcuken show the chick your interested.

oh yeah what pimp said

GO AND READ THE BIBLE
 

It's all good!

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Thanks guys. I read a couple of posts from the bible, psyched myself up, grabbed my balls and called her about 10 min ago. She said yeah she's love to go out so we're going to dinner next week and then bowling. Something i did to help we get motivated to call: Try using music that psyches you up, then say "at the end of this song, I'm gonna call." That way you force yourself to call when the song is over. Or say, I'm calling by THIS TIME, and stick to that time. Thanks again to those who responded.:D
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
3
Age
44
Location
In the C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh!
Congratulations on making the call... at least you know that you still have balls down there ;). Just bugging, good job though.

For the restaurant, I hope that you are going some place good, yet not overly expensive. I'd hate to have you spend more then 50$ on this date. She's gotta deserve it.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Re: Re: Can't work up the nerve

Originally posted by Pimp-sicle
Rule #1: NEVER EVER EVER gossip about who you like to sources that have indirect contact with the subject.

Now your ballz are in the palm of her hand. If she doesn't like you, it will be akward when all you guys hang out. You should know better than this dood.

Go read the bible....NOW!!


PIMP
Not necessarily. If he acts cool/collected like he feels indifferent - she will go HMM, WTF. The thing is, she knows and has heard about it. She probably likes hearing it/attention/etc - the guy has generated interest but he should sit back and be cool. In a way if this girl really digs the guy, she will do the approaching.
 

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by It's all good!
Thanks guys. Something i did to help we get motivated to call: Try using music that psyches you up, then say "at the end of this song, I'm gonna call." That way you force yourself to call when the song is over. Or say, I'm calling by THIS TIME, and stick to that time. Thanks again to those who responded.:D
Way to go man! I used the exact same "trick" a few months ago... I kept wimping out when I wanted to call this girl so I put on some tracks I like, psyched myself up and made the call!
 

It's all good!

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Yeah the music really helped me to get pumped up. It might seem silly to others but this was one of the first times i've called a girl to ask her on a date, so it really helped. What kind of music do you guys use to psyce yourselves up. I used the song " Lose yourself" by eminem. What else?
 
Top