Can't Just Sit and Wait...?

A-Man2151

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know it's kinda cheesy, and I usually don't go this route...but it was pretty much my only option for this situation. I met a girl last week at a friend's graduation party. She is very cute, and I learned from my friend that she is single, and rather than hit on her at a family grad party, I sent her a Facebook message a few days later. After exchanging a few innocent messages on the site, I decided to see if she wanted to grab lunch sometime. Right now it is my only form of communication with her. After answering my first couple of messages very quickly, it has been four days since I asked her out, and no response. OK, so I know when I'm getting rejected...not really that big of a deal. My question is...do I save myself some face, and rather than just sit around acting like I'm gonna wait 3 weeks for a response...do I write her back and say something like 'OK, maybe this isn't gonna work...have a good rest of your summer'...or do I just completely ignore the situation and not write anything more, and act like I don't care...just wondering what you guys think is the better option...

Cinamon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I think if i were in your shoes i would send a normal convo message to show this isnt a big deal, like you did before. Defo dont send one saying this isnt going to work, because obviously you used facebook to contact her, and that is usually for social networking, not specifically for picking up girls. If she wants to go out with you, give her the opportunity to ask you out, but in the mean time look at your other options.

I think if i were in her shoes, and i genuinly didnt get a chance to pick up the message, then when i log on, get one saying its notgonna work, it means you are making assumptions and it would put my back up.

Wynston

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't send anything and move on...Bottom line the situation, she was being polite but she doesn't want to hurt your feelings by saying no so she's ignoring it...Chances are if you see her she'll say she didnt get it...Aren't girls nice like that!!!!

Yeah move on man!!