Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can't Get My Arms To Grow

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys i've tried everything but i can't get my arms to grow

heres my routine

Barbell Curls- 4 sets of 15reps
Hammer curls- 3 sets of 30
Concentration Curls- 3 sets of 8 reps
45.525% angle curls- 4 sets of 10
Cable Curls- 5x10
Preacher curl drop sets (to burn them out)

I do this 5 days a week and can't understand why my arms won't grow, anyone have any ideas? I also don't workout my lower body at all because i don't want to get big legs and end up looking like some huge bodybuilder on steroids.

AgentRice

Don Juan
Reaction score
u need to switch it up

you cant do the same thing over n over expect the results to change, your body adjusts.. push the envelope

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:

heres my routine

Cable Curls- 5x10

I do this 5 days a week and can't understand why my arms won't grow, anyone have any ideas? I also don't workout my lower body at all because i don't want to get big legs and end up looking like some huge bodybuilder on steroids.
Try doubling the sets, more volume is usually the answer to get things moving again.

What do you weigh? 150? You can get them up to 17" if you try hard!

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you eating whole eggs, not just the whites?
Are you eating skin off of the meat?

If the answer is YES to ANY of these questions, then stop working out altogether. You might die any time now.

Make sure you're getting your fat free butter, too.

Also 45.525% isn't the best - try 46% or even 47% if you've carbed up under an hour before the workout.

Good move not working the legs, what are you, an olympic sprinter? Working the legs makes you unattractive.
Women don't like it.
www.hotchicks withdouchebags.com - Do any of these dudes show their legs? No, it's all in the CHEST and the TAN, baby.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrS said:
Are you eating whole eggs, not just the whites?
Are you eating skin off of the meat?
If the answer is YES to ANY of these questions, then stop working out altogether. You might die any time now.

Also 45.525% isn't the best - try 46% or even 47% if you've carbed up under an hour before the workout.

Good move not working the legs, what are you, an olympic sprinter? Working the legs makes you unattractive.
Women don't like it.
www.hotchicks withdouchebags.com - Do any of these dudes show their legs? No, it's all in the CHEST and the TAN, baby.
Very good input. Take that to heart Effort.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, how often are you working your posterior chain?
I reccomend 12-14 workouts a week.
Glute hams, reverse hypers, repeat.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hang a weight around your wrist and beat off 5 times a day.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How are your triceps doing? You're working them just as hard, if not harder, right? If I remember correctly, your triceps make up about 70% of your arms. You better be working those triceps if you want those biceps to grow.

5 days a week? Check to see that you're not over training.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
EFFORT said:

heres my routine

Cable Curls- 5x10

Go heavy on your barbell curls, then 8-12 reps on your secondary bicep exercises. Include some dropsets to finish. Also work your triceps hard in a similar fashion with a bit more volume than bis, they are a bigger muscle group. Make sure you eat a good diet, plenty of protein, 6 meals a day, calorie surplus. You should work out your body to be in proportion and look and function well all over, but squats etc. won't increase arm size. Do a biceps/triceps session once a week, and finish bis with back and tris with chest on your other days for an extra kick if they are lagging.

MM

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your arms won't grow bigger no matter how hard or heavy you train, they just look more defined with a slight size increase. You have to get to get bigger overall to get bigger arms.

Just like if you want to lose fat, you have to lose fat overall.

I think your thread title should have been getting my arms stronger !
Also, build up your fore arms and shoulders, they will make your whole arm look more impressive.

matter of fact you were the one that said this to me in another thread..and you were right, so how come your asking ???
is this an april fools joke

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MM and Drum,

I hope to God you are both not that stupid.

That is all.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you tried curling in the squat rack? It works for me.

Flabbergasped?

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I figured out it was a joke thread when Effort claimed he did 3x30 hammer curls.

That's too low a volume. Any good BBer does 5x132

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL yeah, I hope everyone's remembered it's April 1st :D

EFFORT is a ****ing beast...but still if you want your GUNZZZZZ bigger EFFORT you need to do HEAVY cheat curls in the power rack whilst grunting like an orgasmic pig on disco biscuits. It'll only work if your training partner is screaming "IT'S ALL YOU!!" whilst you're doing it though... :D

JohnnyIrish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bet your wearing running shoes while working your bis aren't you?

I've seen many people make this mistake.. The truth is if you don't wear the proper shoes you run the risk of really hurting yourself working bis. Try wearing these shoes for better leverage/stability.

Aside from the above advice.. remember. If someone who knows more then you on here tries to help you with advice, ignore them and use your gut instinct instead. After all.. you know your body best.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
I find the responses in this thread a little idiotic, yes the OP was joking but the actual responses were even more of a joke.

You have one guy joking about curling in the squat rack, another about heavy cheat curls and another about how you should listen to a guy with 13" arms off the net about increasing arm size (no offense Quag, don't mean that in a bad sense) rather than your own instincts.

All of those responses are more laughable than the routine the OP suggested. The routine the OP suggested is better for arm growth than relying on squats/deads/bench for big arms, that's for sure. And yes 16 months ago I had 12.5" arms and I was skinny and weak, now I have 17 1/4" arms. If you do low volume easy routines and hope for a miraculous effect on arm growth, you are sorely mistaken.

If you saw me training arms you may laugh, with the number of sets and dropsets I do and doing cheat curls on the preacher machine, along with doing dropsets on tricep dips with the assist machine and whatnot. But hey, it really kills the muscle, I re-feed it and it grows.

I DO heavy cheat curls in the squat rack, I DO high volume to failure and dropsets, I DO listen to my own gut instincts rather than theorists.

MM

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happy april fools day hope everyone had fun

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really don't think any of these replies will work well in the long run. This is why questions like these are better asked on something other than sosuave :)

Work your bigger muscles (chest, legs, back, and shoulders) and your smaller ones will follow. Rows, Presses, and Deadlifts will get you looking much bigger faster than any curl routine can.

Remember, your Bis and Tris are NOT big muscle groups. Thus, they need more time to recover. I can't tell you how many times I see youngsters in the gym doing curls day in and day out. Work your core 5 days a week, and work in maybe 1 or 2 days in which you do some work on your arms.