Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can you bulk as a vegetarian?

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vegetarian Debate

Note: The first five(5) pages are the original Vegetarian debate from five years ago. Pages 6 and after are the most recent.

**************************************************************************************

First of all, there are many different kinds of vegetarians.

Quasi-Vegetarians: They eat fish, chicken, diary, but no red meat.
Lacto-ovo Vegetarians: Avoid all animal products except eggs and diary.
Vegans: Avoid ALL animal products.

Please state what you are and why. You might want to give us an example of what you eat everyday.

I eat meat. I love it. Its good for you if its lean.

To the vegetarians:

Look into the mirrior and make a BIG smile. You see those pointy teeth on the top row? Those are called K-9's. Do you know what they're used for? RIPPING FLESH! Man, Im getting hungry.

I eat plenty of fruits, veggies AND MEAT. BECAUSE THATS WHAT OUR BODIES EVOLVED ON!

------------------
Fear is for...getting your confidence. -Steve Heller

Last edited by a moderator:

sit

Banned
Reaction score
want to know what cracks me up?

a vegetarian will get pissed off at me because im eating a half chicken.

"AHHH!!! just because the chicken isnt as evolved as you, does not mean its a lifeless object to be farmed and devoured."

well, using that logic, arent vegetarians in the wrong for eating vegetables?

"AHHH!!! just because that green bean isnt as evolved as a chicken, does not mean its a lifeless object to be farmed and devoured."

hypocrites.

Don_juan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stupid vegetarians! They piss me off....

oblizue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people just don't like meat. I happen to love meat but I know some girls who just can't stand the texture or w/e.

It's not your problem to "convert" them back to eating meat.

Just respect the fact that they don't like to eat meat and lets keep it at that.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of them aren't veggies because they don't like meat though. It's because they're hippie fags.

The only thing that bothers me about it is having to look at them. They're all short, scrawny, pale, with blotchy skin and weak hair. But, whatever floats your boat.

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
not to mention reading in the news about babies dying because the parents were giving them a veggie diet... shows how "healthy" strict vegetables are

youre right Virod, if I was meant to eat veggies why dont I have four stomachs?

but the Vegans I know are more devout than a lot of Christians. One guy at work was a crackup, but I never said anything in front of him, there was just no point in arguing.

All this talk is making me hungry for a sirloin

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, pure vegans are sick, literally & figuratedly.
There are lots of aminoacids that the body needs to function that can only be found in animal protein.
That's why vegans need to supplement with aminoacids or they die in 2 months.

Tengu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aiken_Drum:
I would love to know where you get that from?

I do not care if a person is a vegitarian, however, i have problems with those that feel they must convert everyone, where every meal turns into a debate.

But what really, really pisses me off, is when they try to brain wash children. When i was very young, a vegitarian teacher took us on a "educational excursion" to a slaughter house/abatoire. I remember every bit of that place, the smell (the air even had a taste). You do not show kids the "violence" or those types of seens in movies, etc its considered wrong, its ok for school to show you it in real life though... stuff like that can create emotionally ****ed up kids (Its similar to them torturing animals), etc. I gave up meat for 1 year (I was physically sick) then after that those particular tastes and smell had effected me for a few more years and i still have twinges. The slightest taste of undercooked meat induced vomiting, shaking, etc. I wasnt the only kid like this. I still have problems handling meat for cooking, but im getting better.

Shown the horror of what happens to animals is truly a good reason to give up meat, however ive learnt that these things are the product of a mass industrialist method of killing them rather then how it "could" and has been done (I still avoid, battery eggs, etc)

As far as i am concerned this has cost me atleast 2 inches in height (Inappropriate nutrition during what was meant to be a growth spurt), im 5'10".

Kids should not be encouraged to be vegos, this is a pursuit of adults who have grown and understand the full implications of such a lifestyle.

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soshyopathe:
Most of them aren't veggies because they don't like meat though. It's because they're hippie fags.

The only thing that bothers me about it is having to look at them. They're all short, scrawny, pale, with blotchy skin and weak hair. But, whatever floats your boat.
Hmmmm seeing as I'm 6ft, great skin, pumped bod and shiny hair thats not quite right is it?

I wasnt going to wade into such a pathetic and pre-pubescent post but hey someone has to give veggies a voice.

LOL, anyway, such small minded people on the health and fitness forum! I'm not suprised most of you never have relationships last longer than a night - with such crappy attitudes.

Oh and I find that its actually the meat eaters that try to convince me to eat meat again during a meal.

OK kids on with your pointless drivel I'm off to shag my hot girlfriend! ...and yes, she only has 2 legs! LOL

[This message has been edited by Monkey (edited 10-09-2002).]

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I exagerated, you won't die in 2 months but eating no animal protein can lead to serious health problems. Really.

The thing is that most ppl who call themselves vegans aren't cause they either eat eggs, milk, etc.

Also, don't even think of being a bb if you are began.
Without steaks, eggs, etc you'll get nowhere...
And using supplements it's cheating, cause they are made/derived from animals.

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Monkey:

I wasnt going to wade into such a pathetic and pre-pubescent post

Then dont. You make one weak point anyway. A point that cant be proven because we dont know for a fact that youre 6' buff sexy bytch.

LOL, anyway, such small minded people on the health and fitness forum! I'm not suprised most of you never have relationships last longer than a night - with such crappy attitudes.

Dont you love it how most vegetrians you meet think they are somehow superoir to you because he/she dosent eat meat. Whats up with that? They get so annoyed with the facts you give them and they start acting like little girls.

Actually, I thought all vegetarians were women.

OK kids on with your pointless drivel I'm off to shag my hot girlfriend! ...and yes, she only has 2 legs! LOL

You have a hot girlfriend? Wow! I thought you were gay becasue I thought all chicks thought vegetrians are wussies.

I apologize in advance, Monkey. I dont mean to be an ashole.

Just please post some valid points.

------------------

oblizue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aiken_Drum:
Yeah, pure vegans are sick, literally & figuratedly.
There are lots of aminoacids that the body needs to function that can only be found in animal protein.
Playing devil's advocate, but grains, legumes, nuts, and soy all have the necessary amino acids a human body needs. I think the one thing animal protien has that these don't have is iron.

Pimp For A Living

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is a partial list of famous male vegetarians...

Albert Einstein
Henry Ford
HG Wells
Henry David Thoreau
Joe Namath
John Lennon
Kirk Hammett (METALLICA!) LOL...
Larry Hagman
Leonard Nimoy
Leonardo Da Vinci
Mohandas Gandhi
Paul McCartney
Nelly
Richard Gere
Ringo Starr
Ricki Rockett (POISON!) LOL...
Russell Simmons (Def Jam)
Sir Isaac Newton
Steve Martin
Steve Jobs
Steve Vai (HAIR METAL!) LOL...
Thomas Edison
Vincent Van Gogh
Woody Harrelson
Ziggy Marley

There are a whole lot more I just didn't want to have to type them all out. Do a search on Google for "famous vegetarians" and you'll see.

And to all the people who are going to come out and say that Hitler was a vegetarian in hopes of discrediting this list, I can tell you that he was NOT a vegetarian.

His doctor had put him on a vegetarian diet in 1931 to help cure him of chronic stomach pain.

Though he was under doctors orders to stay away from meat, he regularly had his chef prepare him meat based meals, which he had until his suicide.

------------------
Pimp For A Living
"Pimpin' them hoes since God only knows..."

Don_juan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares if people are famous or not and what they eat. By that token, pull up all the famous people who eat meat... that list would dwarf this 1000 fold. What's the point?

My personal opinion is I don't like vegetarians because they seem to push their views on my far more than I push mine on them. I've never been offended if someone didn't eat meat, but I've been out with vegetarians that were offended when I ordered it. Meat is murder stickers being shoved down my throat, and the list goes on and on. Vegetarians are by far the most minority yet vocal group there is! And for that they should all be chopped up into little pieces and served in a big pot pie.

Pimp For A Living

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds to me you need to grow some balls, man.

You are telling me you can't take a little insignificant whining from overzealous and (most likely) misguided vegetarians?

If you were really secure in your meat eating habits, I don't think it would bother you.

More than likely you would just laugh at them and let it be.

As I have said before, I eat a vegetarian diet because I feel it is the best health choice for me.

If someone asks me to talk about it with them, I will.

Otherwise it is none of my business what someone else eats.

I could really care less.

And for the record, I have had WAY more meateaters attempt to convert me back to eating an unhealthy animal based diet than I ever had vegetarians tell me to give up meat back when I ate it (and I was a HUGE proponent of eating meat back then - hell, I ate the stuff for breakfast, lunch, dinner, AND snacks).

My point is that eating a vegetarian diet can be a good and bad thing.

Good if you are doing it for the right reasons and are doing it in an educated and repsonsible manner.

And bad if you are doing it only so you can push a silly little anti-animal cruelty agenda on a populace that is HIGHLY unlikely to side with you on the issue anyway.

------------------
Pimp For A Living

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pimp For A Living:
Here is a partial list of famous male vegetarians...

Albert Einstein
Henry Ford
HG Wells
Henry David Thoreau
Joe Namath
John Lennon
Kirk Hammett (METALLICA!) LOL...
Larry Hagman
Leonard Nimoy
Leonardo Da Vinci
Mohandas Gandhi
Paul McCartney
Nelly
Richard Gere
Ringo Starr
Ricki Rockett (POISON!) LOL...
Russell Simmons (Def Jam)
Sir Isaac Newton
Steve Martin
Steve Jobs
Steve Vai (HAIR METAL!) LOL...
Thomas Edison
Vincent Van Gogh
Woody Harrelson
Ziggy Marley

Although there are some VERY intelligent individuals on that list, im willing to bet most, if not all, knew jack squat about nutrition.

------------------

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FUN FACTS:

Efficiency of digestion:
Meat products-95-97%
Legumes/beans-78%

there are thousands of Eskimos out there who live on fat and protein.

There are thousands of people on high fat or high protein/low carb diets that have improved their cholesterol profiles.

Lean cuts of MEAT are healthy and more efficiently used/absorbed by the body as opposed to grains, most veggies and most fruits.

Grains, by the way, ARE NOT healthy. We were never meant to eat grains. Our bodies do not use grains efficiently and we did not evolve on grains.

------------------

Pimp For A Living

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FUN FACTS:

The American Cancer Society is recommending that individuals eat more whole grains to lower their risk of cancer. Following are some of the reasons why including grains in your diet is a healthy thing to do:

Insoluble fiber cuts cancer risk by decreasing the toxicity of certain bile acids.

Soluble fiber, particularly in oats and barley, may reduce LDL ("bad" cholesterol) levels without lowering HDL ("good" cholesterol) levels.

May make people less likely to develop colorectal, stomach and endometrial cancers and heart disease.

Soluble fiber, particularly in oats and barley, slows starch digestion, which may help diabetics avoid steep rises in blood sugar levels following meals.

Phytochemicals (plant chemicals) in whole grains may also help fight cancer:

Lignans - may function as antioxidants. Women consuming lignan-rich foods are less likely to develop breast cancer.

Rutin - may reduce heart disease risk. Helps prevent platelets from clumping together, and may help shrink LDL-cholesterol particles, making them less likely to stick to artery walls
Tocotrienols - contains antioxidants that help prevent LDL from changing into a form that is especially likely to clog arteries, and inhibits manufacture of cholesterol by the liver.

A good source of vitamin E, zinc, selenium, copper, iron, manganese and magnesium.

The American Cancer Society recommends three servings of whole grains per day.

Choose from a variety including: wheat, barley, corn, millet, oats, rice, rye, sorghum and triticale.

Also...

Digesting Time for Common Foods

Green Vegetables (non-starch) - 5 hours

Raw Juices-15 minutes

Fat-12 hours

Protein (meat)-12 hours

Protein (fat)-12
hours

Starch-5 hours

Mild Starch-5 hours

Fruit, Sweet/Dried-3 hours

Fruit (Acid)-2 hours

Fruit (Sub-Acid)-2 hours

Fruit, Sweet/Fresh-3 hours

Melon-2 hours

Syrup, Sugar-2 hours

Milk-12 hours

------------------
Pimp For A Living

Don_juan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since we can't agree here on this board, we're going to have to go to the masses. How many people eat meat versus how many are vegetarians..... we eat the losers!

Damn, all this talk makes me hungry for a big fat steak with a side of hamburger. I'm not going to eat the hamburger, I'm just going to take comfort in the fact that some helpless cow died so it could sit on my plate. I might even add a side of chicken, pork, and turkey!

Hey pimp, I have a set of balls. I really don't care if you're a vegetarian or not or who is. I could care less if someone shoves their vegetarian views down my throat because I can just laugh and keep eating my steak and asking them what part of the cow they think it came from as I chew the flesh.

Actually, most of my views on this come from my sister who is a vegan and has tried to ruin many a meals when we were growing up... but usually we won just by continuing to eat our meal and smile with all that flesh in our mouths. It usually shut her up nicely! Or in extreme cases, my brother and I would name our steaks and hold a quick puppet show before consuming our meal.... aren't families great?

[This message has been edited by Don_juan (edited 10-10-2002).]

Pimp For A Living

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don_juan:
Or in extreme cases, my brother and I would name our steaks and hold a quick puppet show before consuming our meal.... aren't families great?
LOL!

That's some funny sh*t, man.

Actually my sister is the one who converted me to eating a vegan diet.

She is just a vegetarian, because she eats dairy products, but I used to bug her all the time when I ate meat.

I never had a puppet show or anything like that (LOL), but I used to put uncooked bacon in her bed and drape it on her lampshades when she was at school.

------------------
Pimp For A Living