Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can you be successful with women on an average income?

viking22

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have noticed as I started dating more attractive and slightly older women (30s +) that they are a lot higher maintenance.

I have a stressful and often boring job in finance and I am seriously considering switching to teaching for a better work-life balance and more of a vocation. But I live in London which is an expensive city and dating is expensive with drinks, meals, entertainment and so on. And a lot of women expect a man to have a nice flat etc even though they are usually in flat shares or really crappy places.

And even the ones who are successful and independent and pay their own way want a man on the same level as them with a good career, ambition and so on even if they do not expect him to pay for anything. And because they earn good money they have expensive tastes and like to go to nice places.

Also women can easily figure out when a man is trying to control costs and do cheap dates and find it offputting.

So it does seem like it could be a potential issue.

Any thoughts?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Game is a combination of looks, money, status, and persona.

On money, the middle is hollowing out with income. If you're middle income, you'll need to have some excellent attribute somewhere else.

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it is a big mistake to live your life in a way that you think will attract women. Live the life you want, live it for you. If you want to be a teacher go for it, become a teacher. Teachers have girlfriends, they get married and have families, you can do it too.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Short answer is… no.

You can pull for one night stands if you are physically attractive and game is on point. However, no western woman is satisfied long term with an average income earning man. She will either cheat, divorce/dump, or both.

Men, to get the required respect from western women you must be financially attractive. Modern woman do not respect average earning men. There are no exceptions to this.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men, to get the required respect from western women you must be financially attractive. Modern woman do not respect average earning men. There are no exceptions to this.
Oh please, your modern women sound like big city cvnts to me. There are too many men and too few good jobs for it to be a requirement everywhere.

And 20somethings with baby rabies are going to fantasize about a guy as a provider. You see her looking at you, but she is seeing you as a future father and breadwinner in her fantasies. That's biological and will never go away.

But not every woman is shopping for a husband and baby making partner. Some just want to have fun. I have always been against the idea of guys thinking they need money to get a woman. It is too often used as an excuse and that mindset also leads to the worst women.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh please, your modern women sound like big city cvnts to me. There are too many men and too few good jobs for it to be a requirement everywhere.

And 20somethings with baby rabies are going to fantasize about a guy as a provider. You see her looking at you, but she is seeing you as a future father and breadwinner in her fantasies. That's biological and will never go away.

But not every woman is shopping for a husband and baby making partner. Some just want to have fun. I have always been against the idea of guys thinking they need money to get a woman. It is too often used as an excuse and that mindset also leads to the worst women.
Modern women are big city cvnts. I don’t disagree with any of this. However, the point was not of pulling but of retention. Most guys on this forum despite banging chicks still can’t retain them or get them to act right past the first two weeks. Financial (un)attractiveness unfortunately is a contributor.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP,

I think you can maintain a relationship fairly well past a certain income (obviously the exact income will depend on where you are living -- rural Ohio vs. NYC is a big difference). I don't think you need to be loaded to maintain a LTR, but it certainly does help. Women are instinctively drawn to men who can provide resources. It is how they are wired biologically. If you can't provide any resources, then your ability to lock them down greatly diminishes.

There is no point of holding this against women. They can't help their own nature. However, you should be making that money for yourself above all else for your own lifestyle. Women will come along second.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the problem is that you're trying to bed the attractive older women. Hot women are always going to be entitled because they've been given everything in life by men; and the older they get, the more entitled they will be, and the higher their standard of living will be (which you need to then maintain if you want to date them). And if you're meeting these women on OLD, that's a compounding negative factor.

At this point I'm wondering if a modern woman's hotness is directly related to her ability to pair bond. The only exception to this being young virgin women who have been somewhat sheltered by their parents and haven't yet been ruined by other men. Because make no mistake, this problem is men's fault.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is good blackpill talk. Why bother if you are not doing so well financially. If there was a check-box of how to be fvcked with women, I'd probably have every single box checked out.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have noticed as I started dating more attractive and slightly older women (30s +) that they are a lot higher maintenance.

I have a stressful and often boring job in finance and I am seriously considering switching to teaching for a better work-life balance and more of a vocation. But I live in London which is an expensive city and dating is expensive with drinks, meals, entertainment and so on. And a lot of women expect a man to have a nice flat etc even though they are usually in flat shares or really crappy places.

And even the ones who are successful and independent and pay their own way want a man on the same level as them with a good career, ambition and so on even if they do not expect him to pay for anything. And because they earn good money they have expensive tastes and like to go to nice places.

Also women can easily figure out when a man is trying to control costs and do cheap dates and find it offputting.

Any thoughts?
Give it a month or two. As more cracks in the foundations of society become evident, these broads will become less petty and less LMS focused and more willing to give a guy a chance based on how they make her feel, how they make her forget things are going to sh1t, etc.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I ran some numbers online. Income-wise, I'm about the 78-percentile for where I live.

TLDR: It's over for sub78.1percentilecels.
That's when one isn't looking at what attraction points can be used instead. Like PowerMaxxing.... Women like men with power just as much as men with money.

@logicallefty was being a cop helpful with women?

logicallefty

Reaction score
That's when one isn't looking at what attraction points can be used instead. Like PowerMaxxing.... Women like men with power just as much as men with money.

@logicallefty was being a cop helpful with women?
Yes I would say being a cop does help some. With many women and men alike it gets you an instant layer of respect that you may not obtain as quickly without the cop status. With these people there is a certain amount of "proving yourself" you don't have to do with them because they figure if your a cop, you've already "proved yourself" to a certain level by default. In other words they look at you as a badass already without ever having to prove to them that you are.. On the other hand, being a cop can also have a down side with people who automatically hate police. I've actually lost opportunities with women in the past because they think that they won't be able to smoke their weed or do the other illegal sh|t they do around a cop they are dating.. So it can go either way with anyone..

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Any thoughts?
1) Being a good earner certainly helps getting and keeping a quality woman. Best relationships, in my opinion, are when the man makes more than the woman

2) I think you are giving up too easily by considering a career change. A man masters his career only after being in the same field for 18 years.

You may have some ups and downs now, but be persistent and you’ll be amazed at where you will be career wise. With time and experience, you will work smarter. This brings better work-life balance and great financial reward.

3) To put all of this another way… if you cannot lead a successful financially rewarding career, how are you supposed to lead a quality woman in a relationship?

4) I do believe you are considering career suicide. It is your life. Choose wisely.

Last edited:

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Any thoughts?
just be there side dck. at 39 I get more pleasure from being a womans side ck., its the highest form of flattery aswell. the opposite is not true

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There have been lots of high profile divorces. Lots of highly successful athletes/entertainers have been cheated on and clowned by former lovers.

A large income is great bait, but in and of itself does not ensure respect or that the person genuinely "likes you". Lots of golddiggers sleep with men 30+ years their senior - some literally are considered "seniors". Likely during sex they close their eyes and imagine someone else is on top of them.

We can tell Melania is very happy being stuck in her marriage with fat ass Donald. She is routinely photographed looking miserable around him, but at least she HAS money!

Physical attraction/looks are what give women the tingles. Many young women date men close to their age, not all are dating men that are 10+ older with good careers . That 23 year old woman dating a 24 year old guy - he likely doesn't have a lot of it (money) though he may have the potential to be very successful down the line.

Money will come into play if you land a high quality woman who likes you and is thinking long term (kids). Money plays a role in this case, no question about it.

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Any thoughts?
Scandinavian in london i presume? If so, do not quit your job in finance unless you intending to move back to Denmark / Sweden. London without money is miserable.

i am similar age to you, presumable same background (origin), and do PE in London. I don’t enjoy it half of the time, but even with the money I am currently making I feel poor. Couldn’t imagine taking a 50-60% payout to do anything else unless I move back home…

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If catching a girl is one of your objectives and you do want to downsize your career maybe something other than teaching. I remember seeing stats from OLD that was an unpopular job with chicks. Not fatal impediment I was a teacher and was married. Maybe try and get better in your career. Look at the married guys with kids in the same gig. They can't pull 60 hour weeks so I would assume they are efficient and effective. So they know the bare minimum and work the 80/20 rule. Remember you don't improve by doing more you improve by focusing on what moves the dial. And maybe there r firms in your industry that do have work/ life balance. Maybe just hop

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Any thoughts?
You want a girl that loves you for who you are and for the feelings you give her...you want that heart driven love we all seek?

Unless you have an old DeLorean that can hit 88 miles per hour, you have to deal with the current menu where all plates are expensive and demanding.

Great looks and decent game can allow you to temporary bypass such demands but it's very unlike that it will work even for the mid term.

Also that city London...holy F how I hate that city, it ages you twice the speed of others.

I met some guys from Cass business school and king's college in the late 00s, we met again mid 10s and they looked like my parents.

That city has the worst that globalization can deliver, you get the afro gangs, the asian groomers, new wave scandinavian yuppies, dishwasher guidos thinking they are gonna make it, blue collar polish guys sending their salaries at home trying to hold an other day and countless ****s expecting prince charming to marry them.

When russian Lavrov said that London would be the first city to be nuked in case of escalation I surely understood many of the reasons.

Last edited: