Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can you be both the Alpha Fuk and Beta Buck?

RickPound

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s pretty much always talked about that you are either one or the other and that women can’t find both aspects of their dualistic mating strategy in one man, hence the common stories of hypergamy in action.

Is it possible? If yes, have you experienced it or what’s it look like?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Depends. Are you trying to build something? If so, then yes, you should pay for some things, however, so should she. It's a balancing act.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. It’s a false choice.

It’s also not possible to maintain a long term relationship without some beta throws or “provider game.” The alpha will lose the girl to the beta simp if that’s where she is at in her life. Browse the forum and you will find dozens of threads of guys being dumped by their plates for refusing to be exclusive.. only to find those plates getting wifed up by beta simps.

The correct answer for those with advanced game is we must be aware of our HB prospects desires and play the game accordingly.

RickPound

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. It’s a false choice.

It’s also not possible to maintain a long term relationship without some beta throws or “provider game.” The alpha will lose the girl to the beta simp if that’s where she is at in her life. Browse the forum and you will find dozens of threads of guys being dumped by their plates for refusing to be exclusive.. only to find those plates getting wifed up by beta simps.

The correct answer for those with advanced game is we must be aware of our HB prospects desires and play the game accordingly.
Agree. I wanted to clarify in my OP for everyone that alpha fuk/beta buck is all in HER perception.

I like the idea of advanced game being the successful navigation of their dualistic strategy and being able to proceed accordingly. We know betas can lose to alphas, and alphas can lose to betas - so controlling her perception by being acutely in tune with her desires and acting accordingly may be a path to success?

Women can't control their dualistic strategy and subconsciously are frustrated it can't be fully satisfied by one man. And we get frustrated when we see it play out. Men turn to red pill when their blue-pill fantasies are shattered by hypergamy, then are confused again when a woman who saw them as alpha ditches them for a beta provider.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It’s pretty much always talked about that you are either one or the other and that women can’t find both aspects of their dualistic mating strategy in one man, hence the common stories of hypergamy in action.

You most certainly can be to different women...various women will view you in different ways.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think so. This happens at different phases of their lives. I think what's most common is a man appears to the outside world to be an alpha for a phase of his life, but then shows his true colors as a beta. I know a guy like this. He was getting numerous one night stands and short term relationships from bars for a good 5 year period, then settle down with a woman and looks like a typical beta male now with a house in the suburbs and a sissy breed dog.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeah I’ve seen it,it’s possible.In my opinion that’s the goal every guy should strive towards.

returnofpigman

Don Juan
Reaction score

I believe you are more one than the other but you have to make sure to keep the latent beta in check. Some women are better at bringing out your beta-ness than others. You may be. perceived as beta by one woman and alpha by another. That’s why a “women are plentiful” mindset is important.

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpha an Beta are not binary. They are a scale. They are also abstractions to simplify discussions. We all have, to varying degrees, qualities of both in us.

RickPound

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpha an Beta are not binary. They are a scale. They are also abstractions to simplify discussions. We all have, to varying degrees, qualities of both in us.
Correct. But let’s not focus on us “being” or “acting” one or the other. Yes we all can display traits of both.

For the sake of discussion...the argument behind the theory of a woman’s dualistic mating strategy is that from the woman’s perspective she ultimately perceives you as one or the other and you fill a role. When she leaves (or cheats on) her beta provider to satisfy her alpha fuk desire; or when she drops her alpha to go be with the provider, it IS binary. Again, according to the theory.

Can she be satisfied in one place? What kind of man can do this?

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
Agree. I wanted to clarify in my OP for everyone that alpha fuk/beta buck is all in HER perception.

I like the idea of advanced game being the successful navigation of their dualistic strategy and being able to proceed accordingly. We know betas can lose to alphas, and alphas can lose to betas - so controlling her perception by being acutely in tune with her desires and acting accordingly may be a path to success?

Women can't control their dualistic strategy and subconsciously are frustrated it can't be fully satisfied by one man. And we get frustrated when we see it play out. Men turn to red pill when their blue-pill fantasies are shattered by hypergamy, then are confused again when a woman who saw them as alpha ditches them for a beta provider.
A lot of mind reading going on here.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
A multimillionaire business owner is 1000x more alpha than some wannabe tough guy who barks loud.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in practice, it can not be done for an extended time.
A multimillionaire business owner is 1000x more alpha than some wannabe tough guy who barks loud.
yes; but the women will get wet for the winner of a bar fight.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
in practice, it can not be done for an extended time.

yes; but the women will get wet for the winner of a bar fight.
I think the mistake a lot of rich men make is that they don't stand up to the female in a domestic situation. They let her run the show. Why they would give away all their power for free is ridiculous.

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its possible to be both alpha and beta, depending on the girl.
Its easy to be alpha with a HB5 and harder with a HB9.5, with the key difference being SMV. If you have higher SMV than the girl then its easy to be alpha because you dont give a fvck if you lose her since you can do much better. If you pull a chick way out of your league (with a much higher SMV) then its harder to be alpha because she can afford to lose you since she can do much better.

So alpha and beta are situationally subjective.