Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can squats make your appendix burst?

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Over the past three weeks ive got a pain in my appendix area about 4 or 5 times which only lasts a few seconds at most.

I noticed after the past two leg days (fridays) the pain comes on for a short while (about 3 seconds) later that evening.

Im crap scared that my appendix may burst or something coz:

1) The pain of it.

2) All my working out will be put to a halt and i will lose a lot of my gains as you cant workout for a while after getting the appendix removed.

3) Ive a holiday to go on in late august and im dreading missing it! :)

Anyone got their appendix out before? What were the early signs?

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if lifting can affect your appendix, but if you're bulk eating, there is a possibility of appendix problems or even a kidney stone, so I'd visit a doctor even if it's just to rule anything serious out.

However, the pain of a torn/pulled muscles can feel much deeper than you think and feel like an internal problem, so it may be something like this.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After squats I often feel as if I'm gonna die anyway ..

I shouldn't worry mate; go to leg press or hack squats for a while though if it makes you feel better.

King of You

Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe its just your obliques. your abs work as stabilizers when squatting.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cheers guys,

i found the following on http://www.personalmd.com/news/appendicitis_80300.shtml :

Pain usually starts around the belly button and then twelve to eighteen hours later, moves over to the lower right side of the abdomen. The abdomen will be very tender to the touch. There may also be nausea, vomiting, fever and a loss of appetite.
The pain I get only comes now and again and isnt tender.

Think i can count myself lucky.

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think i got this tonight as well, was pushing myself on squats, was my 4th set, and moved up to 75kg.

on about the 3rd or 4th i got this horrible pain, it felt like someone had knifed me!!!

at first i though it was my shorts draw string being too tight, but it turns out they werent even done up.

after speaking to my brother mate, he reckons he gets it soemtimes to.

vanwilder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
this isnta joke but if i squat on a full stomach, i mean of gas or crap it ****ing hurts. maybe that is it. maybe your going 2 heavy and your body isnt used to it. go to leg press for a bit and then squats in a month.

Dobo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll tell you now. Squats can cause Hernia's(SP), or they can do damage to your Ilio Psoas. It's a muscle very near your appendix. This muscle is very powerful and will hurt if damaged, but it doesn't sound like that. If it were damage to your Ilio Psoas, you'd have on-going pain.

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had this pain again tonight!!! :down:

some of you heavy lifters must of experienced it????

i got it the worse when i lifted 80kg, which is the most i've ever lifted, maybe i'm just trying to push myself to hard?

Pink-Bubbles

Reaction score
Impossible

Impossible after the apendix burst you only have about 5 hours to live unless it is removed because it will release poison and kill you thats why it is impossible for your apendix to have burst although I am not sure if your appendix could burst from squats.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get checked for a hernia. Don't lift again until you do. I had the exact same symptoms a couple years ago, it turned out to be an inguinal hernia, had to have it surgically repaired.

Dammit, I just realized this is a 6 year old thread :eek:

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
silverwex said:
The pain I get only comes now and again and isnt tender.

Think i can count myself lucky.

I wouldn't go that far. Getting your appendix removed is no big deal at all. Whatever your issue is could be more serious. I would get it checked out, as Kerpal mentioned. Hernia was the first thing that came to mind. Weird that the pain would be as short-lived as it is, but still wouldn't hurt to get it looked at.

tyciol

Don Juan
Reaction score
I doubt on its own, usually it bursts from some kind of infection inflaming it. I guess any kind of activity that put stress across the core could set it off, though if that happened it probably would've eventually been a problem anyway.

MesoMighty

Reaction score
Maybe you should go see a doctor before diagnosing yourself and asking a forum. If squats cause appendicitis then we would know about it already.