Can ppl who have been friends for years get into a relationship?

Avn_0903

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know about the seduction rule of never getting into the friendzone. However I have seen tons of ppl who have been best friends or very close friends become lovers. Does the friendzone rule holds in this situation?

Giles

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's possible to date you're best friend, but you have to find a way to make the transition. Simply suggesting it won't work. Seize an opportunity when she's vulnerable and needs somebody right away. It's hard to do. I have a lot of girl friends I would like to bang, but only got one of them, and that was way before I knew what game was it was really just luck for me.

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my friends here in college has been in this close circle of friends (3 other guys and 2 girls) that hang out together a lot. They all met freshman year and have hung out ever since (now they are seniors).

In my casual observation of them, it seemed like none of them were ever going to date anyone else in the group, because they were just such good friends. Plus the dynamics were a little off, seeing as there are 4 guys and 2 girls.

Well sure enough one of the guys and one of the girls just started a relationship a few weeks ago. I'm not really sure how it happened, because it seemed like all 4 of the guys were permanently in the "friend zone" with the girls, although I always suspected that they were desperate to hook up with either of them.

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
i still don't think friends can become a couple without the attraction already being there with one or both of them.

Cherokee

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've recently come out of a 4 year relationship (on/off) with my best mate. Who I made the decision to cut out of my life completely now. It can work and did work for the most parts, but when it goes bad it goes seriously sh*t.

I don't recomend it for long term, but for fun it can be amazing. I guess its the whole "how much do you wanna invest?" question. Some people just click, but just because someone is a best friend doesnt mean they are viable as a partner, its a different ball game, you gotta make the transition. If you stay in the friendzone mindset when you're in a relationship, its NOT going to work. Obviously.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Giles said:
It's possible to date you're best friend, but you have to find a way to make the transition. Simply suggesting it won't work. Seize an opportunity when she's vulnerable and needs somebody right away. It's hard to do. I have a lot of girl friends I would like to bang, but only got one of them, and that was way before I knew what game was it was really just luck for me.

http://xkcd.com/513/

Avn_0903

Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
There are other types of friendship different from this one u know, not all my guy friends care for their female friends like this. They just don't give a **** about her life, they only care about having fun w/ them and not have any sexual attraction to them. So my question is with the type of friendship I have just mentioned above, is it possible for those people who are already friends to get into a relationship.