"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Can I be nice without being AFC?

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I am a nice person by nature and I treat people with respect. I'm a very popular person and I can't count the amount of people who want to be my friend - non of whom treat me as a pushover.

However, I keep reading that nice guys don't get women, but I'm not so sure I want to sacrifice my principles and my popularity just to gain the respect of a woman.

Isn't it just a case of being confident and not being treated as a doormat, or do I need to stop being so nice altogether?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

ali_g

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 15, 2002
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
No not all. The words 'nice guy' are used in a context which the guy mentioned is spineless or a doormat when it comes to women. Just practice challenge, be confident and don't tolerate any BS, but at the same time keep your word and be courteous.
 

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
963
Reaction score
39
Location
Australia
The reason why the "Nice guys don't get the girl" message is all over this board is because a lot of guys mistake being 'nice' for 'Do everything the girl says because you will get lucky that way'

There is a big difference between being nice and being at a woman's beck and call... but unfortunately, with Oprah, Cosmo, Cleo and all the other women-empowering literature out there, many guys are socially beaten into thinking the two are the same.

Being 'nice' (to me at least), means being sociable, smiling as often as not and helping your friends out.
If a girl asks you to do something for her, ask yourself "Would she do this for me if I asked her?"
 

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Perth, Australia
forgive me, but i forget what AFC mean.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Average Fustrated Chump

Sure you can be nice to people in the beginning, but that does not mean you're an AFC. You can be nice and still get chicks some ways.
 

torqueboxer

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2003
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Location
Pittsburgh
Ok if you are as nice as i used to be, then yes, you can be nice. But if you want to break out of the AFC mentality you will have to work really hard to not be "too nice" as I had to. Probably if you are like I was, being a "jerk" to woman means a much different thing than what it means to the other guys here. For example here's a few questions for you.

Would you feel bad if you hadn't talked to a girl for a few weeks and only called her to get some sex?

Does it make you nervous to ask a girl to perform sex on you for the first time?

If a girl paid for your ticket to the movies do you feel like its weird?

On a first date would you drop off the girl early if she was acting like a ***** or wasnt showing enough attention to you?

If a hot chick was cutting up on you somewhere would you send it right back at her even though she might hate you cause of it?

I dont ever take a girl out for a second date if she dosnt at least try to open my car door after i let her in.

When I was starting to try to be a DON JUAN I wouldnt have ever thought that I would do or say the things that I commonly do now with girls. I was a nice guy and it got me nowhere. Now I spend half the $$$$ and try half as hard to get girls and I get twice the sex!!! Start slow and try your luck with being a little more aggresive and less supplicating to the ladies till you find the balance point that works for you
 

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Messages
615
Reaction score
1
Age
54
Location
London, UK
I had a lot of problems with this issue myself when I first discovered the world of the DJ.

The trouble is that 'nice' guys (and we all know they finish last) in addition to being good blokes, tend to veer towards being wet and weedy, and supplicating and making covert contracts in order to please others, especially women. The fact is women don't usually want this.

Instead of the word 'nice' I prefer the word 'decent' - ie I treat people with politeness, good humour, respect where it is due, and I don't bullsh9t people or try to f8ck them over, but I will speak my mind and stand up for myself - something I'd never have done in my AFC days.
 
Top