camera phones?

humiliator

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got a new cell phone. It's one of those with the sh*tty camera built in. I heard about a 4th of July college kegger that sounds pretty cool. I was just thinking that an EASY way to get kino is, after talking to a girl for a few minutes, pull out the phone to take a picture. Then you can put your arm around her while taking the pic of you two.

I just wanted to see if anyone has tried this or what you guys think of this idea.

Also, a lot of my friends are not seeking girls that actively, so I might be going to this kegger alone. Are there any tips on things you need to do differently going to a party alone?

lebRambo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, being a computer engineering major would explain why your friends dont actively seek girls. trust me bro, I am a software engineering student, and collectively, we're not the coolest bunch. :D

yeah, i've got a camera phone but the camera is actually very good (Samsung E700). It does help as something to validate kino, but if you are doing it right, kino should need no validation. It should just be something that you do naturally, like talking or walking.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what happens after you take the picture?

gimmeyofonenumba

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you end with a number close since you already got your phone out, and you come to ss and post the pic

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
my camera phone sucks ass.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i hate people who pull out a camara for everything. what the hell is the point of taking a pic with a girl youve just met?post it on here and say youre the biggest pimp in the world?

humiliator

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gimmeyofonenumba
you end with a number close since you already got your phone out, and you come to ss and post the pic
Getting the number seems like the natural thing to do since you have the phone out. Would it have to be a closing though? My ultimate goal in doing the bootcamp is to get ONS's. I want to try for a make out session at the party if possible.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gimmeyofonenumba
So you are saying it is as easy as:

1. Chat with a chick.
  2. Take her picture with a camera phone.
  3. Ask for her number since your phone is out.
    [/list=1]

redshift

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont like flashing a camera phone around..but sometimes it does help you out in the convo. Last thursday at a local bar, i saw a group of 4 chicks fooling around with their cam phones. I just went up with my phone, and fluffed around..and oh mines a Nokia 6600..so pretty gud qlty.

I did # close on two of those chicks.:D

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by redshift
I dont like flashing a camera phone around..but sometimes it does help you out in the convo. Last thursday at a local bar, i saw a group of 4 chicks fooling around with their cam phones. I just went up with my phone, and fluffed around..and oh mines a Nokia 6600..so pretty gud qlty.

I did # close on two of those chicks.:D
I think it's kinda funny though using a phone as a prop. It's just because I haven't carried a personal cell phone for many years. There was no such thing as a phone that could do anything other than call another phone back then. :p

But through an onslaught of requests from friends getting upset with me because I'm never available since I don't carry a phone, I've been contemplating taking the plunge. I'm a bit keen on the Motorola Razor v3 but I'm not crazy about signing up for a two year contract with Cingular.

So here's a couple of questions for the masses;
  1. What do you guys think of T-Mobile as a service provider?
  2. Would it be worth buying an UNLOCKED version of the Razor or wait for T-Mobile to carry it which may be anywhere between the end of the summer to the end of the year?
  3. Where would be the best place to buy an unlocked Razor? (J&R, eBay, local cellular store)?
    [/list=1]

GodsGiftToFatBirds

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I did # close on two of those chicks
Out of interest, how do you go about number closing more than 1 girl in a group?
Are you like 'I'll have to take your numbers' to the whole group (ie not showing that you're interested in any one of them in particular) or just to the ones you're interested in? Or do you number close them separately (ie when they're not with the rest of their friends)?

Camera phones - useful for checking you didn't have the beer goggles on the night before
:D

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by humiliator
Go on google and see if you can find instructions on unlocking your phone. It's not exactly legal, but my brother had to unlock his phone and it was super easy after we found a tutorial for it.
Yeah, I've looked but I haven't found anything other than a device that costs $180. It seems the Razor isn't like a Nokia where you can download software to flash the BIOS to unlock it. At least no one has created or released such a program yet.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah i just signed up to a new phone with heaps of new stuff on it, and stuff i could never do before on other networks, its LG and says it can't be unlocked. I also got a new number as well. I will have to update it in my profile. ;)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I've had my Motorola Razr with T-Mobile for about a week. Not too bad, haven't had it when sarging though, I've never had the need for it but I think I'll play around with some of the suggestions that's been posted about using it while on the hunt.