"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

calling a club girl almost 2 weeks later

RiceHapa888

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
118
Reaction score
0
Location
San Francisco
met a girl a couple of weeks ago who was all over me and left me her number- I never called...but now that New Years and the other party days are approaching I was thinking of inviting her along for female attention and social proof since she is an HB8 ( I did not tag it cause I'm with an HB9)- should I just call her ass out of the blue? I'm leaning towards it....anyone else ever wait an extended period of time before they called a girl they met in the club?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
Its not worth it.

I made a rule to myself that numbers are worthless. Either it should and would already happen the time you've been at the club, or now if you call you'll just look desperate, or if she want's she's the one who will look desperate.

Forget numbers, make it happen that night.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
I don't believe any of this.... :rolleyes:
 

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 11, 2003
Messages
265
Reaction score
2
Location
Portland
what?

Wait, since its "too late" and "not worth it" why not go a head and give a call anyway.

She gave you a number, at least use it with little expectations than to not use it at all. that makes no sense. If you dont use it the answer is already no. IF you do, well maybe there is a yes in there somewhere.

Go ahead and try.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Hay guyz I got a girls number 4 months ago at a wedding, should i call her?
 

Skweints

Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
omfg!!! j00 r s00 g3h 4 n0t c4lling h3r!

(Note: There was sarcasm in that post, right?)

Honestly, though... after reading countless time what a DJ actually is, I've come to the conclusion that a DJ is a DJ because he does what he wants, whenever he wants, and because he feels like it... because he's naturally confident in anything he does.

Now, apparently making a post like that on this board means you're unsure of yourself... so here's whatcha do. Ya grab your nuts, make sure they are there and where they are supposed to be, and once you feel reassured, you call her ass up, and show her the time of her life.

That's the number one problem I have with this board, and why I honestly refuse to post for advice, because I know I'll get tons of advice... very few of it will fit how I would normally handle the situation.

Don't do what other DJ's do, unless it's common advice between ALLLLL DJ's... (e.g. Being confident, improving yourself FOR yourself, living your life YOUR way.) What Trance does works for him. You do what works for you. If you decided this girl might be worth your time (and that's how you should look at it) then go ahead and call her. In my opinion, whatever you do, you can only fail, or succeed. You got a 50/50 shot... that's not bad... considering the odds for winning the lottery or getting struck by lightning...
 

Fenderules

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
873
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Alberta
Skweints

yeah spoken like a true don juan.



i used to do "should i call her ****"



its 2 ****ing stupid and it wastes too much of my thinking time. Now i just do it. If she dosnt answer o well. I dont call her all the freak'n time during that day. I'll maby do it tomorrow or wheneveri dont go "ok so i called her today, that means i cant call her tomorrow causwe i'll seem desperate"


who gives a ****

like this one chick is ****ign hard as hell to get a hold of ever since she lost her cell phone. Once in a while i call to talk (im not that interested anymore since she is 2 hard to get a hold of) but she is always out or wutever and has no answering machine. For a while i thought she was avoiding me so i called on my home phone (which she does not know) and long and behold same ****. so wutever. i dont give a **** anymore its gay.




JUST DO IT!!!!!
 

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
What i do is just cause its not worth calling a girl that you have no special raport for. I dont wanna waste time going to meet someone just to work myself to get some kisses and a ****. I rather be with my friends.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by RiceHapa888
met a girl a couple of weeks ago who was all over me and left me her number- I never called...but now that New Years and the other party days are approaching I was thinking of inviting her along for female attention and social proof since she is an HB8 ( I did not tag it cause I'm with an HB9)- should I just call her ass out of the blue? I'm leaning towards it....anyone else ever wait an extended period of time before they called a girl they met in the club?
Do NOT wait too long to call club-girls.

Even if she's taken by you, she'll probably be out again the next night and be taken by someone else.

Call while her excitement about meeting you is still fresh in her mind. With girls you meet in neutral situations, you can wait that 3-5 days because they'll think about you during that time. The rush from a club or bar pickup wears off kind of quick, though. If you've waited two weeks to call this girl, she may not even remember who you are...or she'll be over the excitement of having met you. She's not going to be waiting by the phone, that's for sure.

But hey, give it a shot. Maybe you made such a good impression that she was genuinely smitten and you'll be the one she remembers after all this time. Nothing to lose. :p
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
640
Reaction score
0
Most girls have their own phone rules that if a guy doesn't call them at least 3-5 days after getting the number, they know he isn't that interested.

And you probably aren't that interested in her especially considering it's 2 weeks later.

Some of you may think "Oh just be casual and call her up" No, it doesn't work that way - you're thinking logically not emotionally which girls operate. At most she doesn't know who the hell you were, and if she did she'd think you are just messing with her.

Summary: Too bad, so sad.

PS I know that girls I'm really interested in I'll try to get in contact with her around 3 days after getting number. While girls I'm ehh??? I wait longer.
 
Top