"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Call vs Text

Mixah

New Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2004
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
London
First off I'd like to say thank you very much. All the tips and hints have helped me a lot. I'm quite glad I found the site. My main problem was confidence, but it's great I found the site at such a young age- to think, the many more years of frustration I could have gone through!

Anyway, here's my question. I've read alot of hints, involving when to call etc. I would like to know which is better call or text messaging? Since I'm not really uber confident yet (getting there), I'm leaning more towards text- which one do you guys prefer? Which should I use.

Thanks very much for all responses- sorry if this question has already been asked.

Mixah.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Location
Glendale/Phoenix, Arizona
Calling>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>x1000>>>>>>texting

Always

Calling. I dont really wanna explain all the reasons as to why it's better but trust me it will always be better.
 

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
978
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Mansfield, Notts
'oh I know.. I miss him... I wish I could just read his text!'

'oh I know... I miss him so much.. I wish I could hear that deep sexy voice of his'

This should make it a no brainer.

Also, you can tell if people sound happy to hear from you, or if they sound disinterested. It's also more difficult for them to break plans and easier for you to spot if they're giving a bullshizz excuse/if they're gonna flake.
 

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
Originally posted by DJBen
you can tell if people sound happy to hear from you, or if they sound disinterested. It's also more difficult for them to break plans and easier for you to spot if they're giving a bullshizz excuse/if they're gonna flake.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
This is pretty much common sense. Lets say we use SI figures to describe the importance of each conversation skill.

Person to person - MDj M=10^6
Text - Dj
Aim/similar - mDj

Sure you can do it, but its pointless. You learn the most through talking person to person, you learn nothing from talking through something else.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Slimijs

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
234
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
in a great place
I dunno. High School girls could perfer texing over calling, but definetly this is a nobrainer for colage pvssy.

I always call.
 

TheWanderer

Don Juan
Joined
May 2, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Calling is def way better. But I use txt if:

a. It's just a little thing and you know they might be busy (soccer game, church) so like to send something like "call me when you get this" or "you coming to the game tonight?"

b. If I'm in school. Obviously you can't sit and talk on the phone in class. But sometimes class is so boring that I'll just txt random people.
 
Joined
Aug 11, 2004
Messages
55
Reaction score
1
Location
Europe
Calling obviously. I know a mate who texts more than he calls her. They have only known each other for 3 months!. I see my bird everyday at college so we don't really talk on the phone a lot. Face to face is better than phone and everything has always been arrange together.
 

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
Umm......if this is to set up a date. I hardly think it matters. You shouldn't be talking for ages anyway.
 

dastal

Banned
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
189
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Atlanta
definitely call... If you were texting or whatever and all she said was 'yea' or 'oh' you're in bad shape
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Mixah

New Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2004
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
London
One more question

Thanks for the feedback. I will call then.

One more question though- if a girl asks for your number rather than letting you have hers what does that say? Low interest? Lack of trust? Thanks again.
 

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
Never give the girl your number. It has to be within your control.
 
Top