Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

California shut down gyms AGAIN.....

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so I've been busy with work and haven't been to the gym for a few days...... I tried to make a reservation for 24Hr Fitness and just now found out the state shut down gyms AGAIN!!!!!!

Gyms are an essential business.... People need exercise to maintain physical and mental health....... This is straight up ridiculous....

Good thing I bought a WaterRower a few months ago..... and I'm also building myself a DIY manual curved treadmill using red oak from Home Depot..... At this point, I can't rely on a commercial gym anymore, I have to expand my home gym with DIY solutions......

This sh1t has got to stop, we need to return to normalcy.......

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gyms are an essential business.... People need exercise to maintain physical and mental health....... This is straight up ridiculous....
They have to destroy your health to preserve your health, that's government for you.
I prefer to work out at home so don't go to gyms. But shutting the gyms annoy me because the gym rats have bought up all the gym equipment because they're locked out. Plus the factories making the equipment are closed due to the virus, so I can't get what I want right now. Very annoying.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gyms and schools may well turn out to be intractable puzzles until we cross the immunity threshold. The nature of the space, the activities that happen there, the length of time with which they happen, and (in the case of schools) the self-discipline of the people participating in those activities... I just don't see how an acceptable level of safety is achieved in those conditions.

And that's not for lack of thinking about it. I have a very high vested interest in both of those venues going back to normal.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They have to destroy your health to preserve your health, that's government for you.
I hear (and share) the frustration. But gotta call out the fact that it's a false equivalence.

Also share your frustration with home gym equipment hoarding and price gouging. Thank god for my carbon road bike.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gyms and schools may well turn out to be intractable puzzles until we cross the immunity threshold. The nature of the space, the activities that happen there, the length of time with which they happen, and (in the case of schools) the self-discipline of the people participating in those activities... I just don't see how an acceptable level of safety is achieved in those conditions.

And that's not for lack of thinking about it. I have a very high vested interest in both of those venues going back to normal.
50 litres of fresh air per person, per second, pumped into the room is the last I read. But that would make it very hard to control indoor climate in regard to temperature and humidity. We are all way too spoiled to go without air conditioning.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gyms here haven't open yet, but are slated to open soon. We are moving towards a phase 3 re-opening up in Toronto, Canada. Even if they re-open I'm likely going to cancel my membership since I am used to at home work-outs and nature trail bike rides.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Newson just released 8000 inmates, just got caught with half a billion wire fraud sending China , closed wineries but left his open. CA saw 3 years worth of suicides in 3 months. He's one of, it not the most corrupt gov in the country. He's Nancy Pelosi's nephew and China's puppet.

Sucks you all have to deal with this non sense. They are doing all these constant shut downs and mask non sense in attempt to psychologically destroy people. Like you said, gyms are essential and a lot of people imo go more to better their mental health than their psychical health. At this point I'd rather workout at home with 20lb dumbbells, than waste $40 a month. I seen some gyms that have plastic walls in between each treadmill or some with big plastic boxes you workout in like a caged animal.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, so I've been busy with work and haven't been to the gym for a few days...... I tried to make a reservation for 24Hr Fitness and just now found out the state shut down gyms AGAIN!!!!!!

Good thing I bought a WaterRower a few months ago..... and I'm also building myself a DIY manual curved treadmill using red oak from Home Depot..... At this point, I can't rely on a commercial gym anymore, I have to expand my home gym with DIY solutions......

This sh1t has got to stop, we need to return to normalcy.......
you have a drawing for that red oak manual treadmill?
that's ideal to not need electricity.
please build that, looking forward to hearing more about it

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Average guys doesnt get laid
Mainstream entertainment sucks
Work place now sucks too
Gym are closed
Im sure the average man will love his life and find himself relaxed with no need to blow away some steam

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Work place now sucks too
Gym are closed
Im sure the average man will love his life and find himself relaxed with no need to blow away some steam
The average man has an option to be not merely average.

1st step is to stop complaining and do something to surpass their level.

I know it's easier to moan and b1tch, just remember that's the way of women and the way of men is to get things done.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't you have outside gyms where you live? I'm sure California is full of them, so what's the problem? I'm sure you can manage but i suspect this is just another attempt to whine about the virus thing. It's getting old.
If people would stick to the restrictions set up by the government, they wouldn't have to close again. Complain about that instead. Even better don't complain at all and work on solutions.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure you can manage but i suspect this is just another attempt to whine about the virus thing. It's getting old.
Then why bother reading and responding to this thread. If it's getting old then you're free to ignore this thread and move on with your day.

Even better don't complain at all and work on solutions.
Please re-read the first post where I said I can't rely on commercial gyms anymore and am building my own DIY home gym equipment..... you were so quick to complain about people "complaining" that you didn't read the opening post.....

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My problem was solved when the first covid hits, stores selling away their equipment cheap when theres nowhere ppl can buy them from stores.. Now i can workouts at a blink of my eyes.

After a few month i see the same equipment i buy were twice the price compared on full lockdown.. Lucky me.. Well planned made the difference.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The average man has an option to be not merely average.

1st step is to stop complaining and do something to surpass their level.

I know it's easier to moan and b1tch, just remember that's the way of women and the way of men is to get things done.
Sure average intellect, average height, average look and average class of birth (dna+place of birth)...."it only takes an effort but everyone can be a good looking millionaire".

Holy fvck you guys are funny, not even american propaganda during the cold war was so delusional.

Btw lets not forget to say that anyone who works hard following the law and respecting all the rules will finally succeed. :rofl:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Work place now sucks too
Gym are closed
Yup,

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Sure average intellect, average height, average look and average class of birth (dna+place of birth)...."it only takes an effort but everyone can be a good looking millionaire".

Holy fvck you guys are funny, not even american propaganda during the cold war was so delusional.

Btw lets not forget to say that anyone who works hard following the law and respecting all the rules will finally succeed. :rofl:
You must really believe that a man can't improve after he's born into this world.

I wonder how babies learn to 1st crawl, then walk and then later on run, after all they were born unable to do anything, with almost zero intellect, very small height with tiny legs and zero class of birth since it means nothing to a baby.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must really believe that a man can't improve after he's born into this world.

I wonder how babies learn to 1st crawl, then walk and then later on run, after all they were born unable to do anything, with almost zero intellect, very small height with tiny legs and zero class of birth since it means nothing to a baby.
Sure as if something that 100% of people do can be compared to what 10% of people are.

99% of people can achieve a driving licence beginning from zero knowledge, it means that 99% of people can be a good looking millionaire right?

Its just a matter of effort, no weight in the intelligence you were born with, the look your dna allow you and surely not family connections.