Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

C0ckblocking dude

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Met two girls at a party. One very hot, the other mediocre. Had very good rapport with the hot one, she was really digging me and things were going really well. However, some guy she knew came over saying hi to her. From that moment, he kept sticking around and obviously tried to take over from me, trying to interrupt the interaction between her and me.

Actually, the other girl also liked me and at some point I was talking to both of them at the same time. The guy was occupied with a friend of his at that point but as he saw me standing with the chicks, he came over, positioned himself behind the girls and put his arms around their necks like they were buddies.

So the three of them were standing opposite to me, him with his arms around the chicks, kinda isolating me.

I could see that the girls liked him but more like "Nice guy, nice to talk to, but not giving me any vagina tingles..." So I didn't really think of him as a threat and it was obvious that the girls were very much into me. However, the girls allowed him to take over the conversation, they made no effort to block him out or resist his c0ckblocking behavior. Obviously, that was MY responsibility. I know they liked me and weren't really interested in him, they would follow my lead if I took charge of the situation.

But I gotta admit that I suck at this stuff. The only thing I can come up with is to get really aggressive and tell him to fvck off before I punch his face in... Not the best way to navigate the situation, I guess. Girls don't want to hang around two guys who are about to punch each other, they will leave the scene and the guys end up with each other while the girls move on.

Countering with the same tactics doesn't work either. Trying to physically "claim" the girls and pulling them towards you will make them feel like they're being passed around like some object that two guys are fighting over. The situation becomes tense and the girls will move on.

So I know there are more subtle tactics to navigate these situations. Somehow make the guy look like a fool by saying something smart and witty, making him look bad to the girls and making yourself stand out with the girls. I want to finish the guy off like that, just being master of the situation and OWN him with words, to the point where he realizes he can't compete and runs off with his tail between his legs.

So give me your thoughts! How would you deal with the situation in general but more specifically with that moment where he put his arms around them, trying to isolate me?

Serenity

Reaction score
All you can do is take up more space than the other guy. Grab the girls attention, keep their attention on you and freeze the other guy out. Ignore him if you must and don't give him any opening to talk. Eventually he'll feel isolated, it will be too awkward for him to hang around and he'll leave.

If he puts his arms around them you've positioned yourself poorly, if he has already done it all you can do is ignore it. You should prevent it before it happens by positioning yourself in such a way that you're in his way. Just casually and subtly move around a little. It's best to spot the other guy as he's about to come over and position yourself in advance, so he can't do sh!t like coming up to the girl from behind and grab.

Basically just be a better c0ckblocker.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I find myself in a bad situation, I leave. Most people would.

However, sex clouds people's judgments, so they stick around when the shouldn't.

Let the orbiters orbit.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How to block a C*ockblocker 101:

1- Subtly move your body in front of his--think box-out in the NBA
2- Be engaging and tell a funny story--steal the spotlight
3- Laugh and talk a bit louder, use assertive (not aggressive) body language; wide stance, good eye contact
4- When CB chimes in, especially if he questions anything you say, pause, and say something like, "Why the f*uck would I do that?" Give him a puzzled look. Indirectly question his acumen and judgement.
5- If he does speak up and try to steal the floor from you, comment on his story with "You're such a nice guy, really caring" or Wow, you really put your needs last, you're so nice." Indirectly you're calling him a beta/AFC.
6- The key is make CB feel like you're in charge and he's intruding.

All bets are off if the CB is the party host. Try to make friends with this guy. Use your body language and personality but don't box out or call him out for comments. If he lingers, move on. Chances are he knows more people that you. Party hosts can be great allies too.

Good luck

~Dash

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Continue talking to the girls politely and with humour. Don't physically hassle them. Soon enough the guy will start looking like a total bellend for standing there with his arms around them.

Then he'll probably start making passive digs at you, so just ignore them or reverse them to make him the butt of the joke. 90% of guys will f*ck off at this point.

If he sticks around, excuse yourself and go talk to someone else for 10 minutes. Then come back and engage the girls in conversation again, or beckon the one you like over to you. Either way, he is on the back foot again.

If you're talking to a woman and a guy tries to physically step between you and the girl, just continue talking and slowly adjust your angle with the girl until he's back out of the frame again, over minutes if necessary. If he starts butting into the conversation, steer it onto something boring (like his job) and let him burn himself out, then insert a quip and go back to what you were talking about with the girl before.

When a guy is physically obnoxious and refuses to leave you and the girl talking just "friendly" lean on his shoulder...but hard enough that he's uncomfortable. He'll get the message. Helps if you're a bigger guy too.

I've actually just straight called a guy out once too. He was constantly hovering around c*ckblocking to the extent that he started trying to get the girl to move away from me. I just leaned over and said "I like this girl, she likes me, f*ck off pal." He did, haha...

Another nice trick at a party is to down the rest of your drink, turn to the girl you like, smile and say "Can you top me up?" - especially if it's her house, or the house of a friend. You can follow her to the booze and continue chatting to her there. Alternatively, if it's your party, ask if she'd like a top up.

--

TLDR: It shouldn't escalate to physicality, but some guys are pr*cks and won't get the message unless you do. Tailor your response to the situation and only use passive aggressive humour and your physical presence if it's obvious the girl likes you more than him and he's just being a d*uche.

Last edited:

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly depends on the guy and the read I’m getting from the women. In your particular situation, they weren’t feeling him like that (so that says something) however he was being chummy and asserting his dominance over you by holding the women (so you felt, which also tells you something about yourself)

These guys can be annoying for other men. Women are indifferent in a way, however they know it makes them look more desirable, fun, and they love the attention.

In this situation, I would say something which made everyone feel good - even the guy - then get out of the interaction if it was no longer enjoyable. Because you may not know his motivations; but we know yours by feeling threatened by him. He could have just been having a good time but because you were trying to swoon them, you felt he was threatening that.

When another person or new situation joins the interaction in a non hostile way, you have to accept this is now the reality of the situation, and use that person or thing to work for you rather than against. If you reject it, you’re really rejecting reality and in turn opportunity, then shutting down which will bloom your suffering.

There’s deep power and strength in making people feel good about the present but that has to start with you. Many guys always want to dominate others in social situations, however it comes off as really weak and insecure. Good for the movies, yes, however it’s a poor man’s c*cktail in reality. And people are drawn to those who make others feel good.

Winning is a longer game. You may get momentary success with dominating another male with words or fists; but those always have ramifications.

My point: include him in the conversation and continue to make your experience enjoyable. Lead. You’re the captain of your ship and navigate it the way you want to feel. Your ship is the best and anyone who is abroad or in range is blessed. No need to be a pirate ship and shoot cannon balls because you’re feeling threatened but really just afraid (scarcity). Only fire unless fired upon; thats when the rules of engagement change.

CBear

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I could see that the girls liked him but more like "Nice guy, nice to talk to, but not giving me any vagina tingles..." So I didn't really think of him as a threat and it was obvious that the girls were very much into me. However, the girls allowed him to take over the conversation, they made no effort to block him out or resist his c0ckblocking behavior. Obviously, that was MY responsibility. I know they liked me and weren't really interested in him, they would follow my lead if I took charge of the situation.
I disagree that anything needs to be done. They were more into you than him and he decided to come in and try to take your spotlight. All you really have to do after giving them the attention and after he comes in is just smirk at him, go mind your own business elsewhere and watch them come to you.

Let nature take care of itself. He's already friendzoning himself by barging in everytime you're with the girls' he likes. In this scenario, they would notice the difference between you and him and while his behavior would scream "loser giving me free attention and trying to impress me", yours wouldn't.

Last edited:

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean you could do the same douchebag **** and be a **** to him like Dash Riprock said. I wouldn’t blame you if you did. But a lot of times women can see that and kinda know that you like them because you want something from them ‘sex’. I’d rather just go talk to someone else after or try to make friends with the dude or something. Just be friendly to everyone. It shouldn’t be like you’re trying to get them. It’s like you just want to have fun. And then when you leave, if they put themselves around you or come talk to you some time after, it’s means they’re still interested, and that there’s not much he can do to ****block because they’re picking YOU now. Then you can just ask for the number or to head into the next room or something even while he’s there and it’ll just piss him off some more. Basically, just don’t care.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

What I did was I befriended him, but just casually gave him some attention now and then while focusing most of my time and attention on the girls. I acted like "I'm having fun with these girls, you can tag along".
I tried to focus on the hot one and so did he at first, but her and me were drawn to each other so he eventually went for the mediocre girl. This wasn't too bad, actually. He could keep the other girl occupied so me and the hot one could focus on each other. However, he did barge in and interrupted our interaction now and then, which kinda broke the positive vibe that was building between her and me.

As the night moved to its end, he started hitting on the hot one more aggressively and she felt he was coming on too strong so she decided to get out of there and told her girlfriend she wanted to go home. I did get both their numbers as they left. But fvck man, I wasn't finished with the girl yet and feel like he ruined my chances of scoring her that night by chasing her off to home.

All in all, things went pretty okay but I would like to be able to get rid of a guy when he is interrupting the buildup between me and a girl, instead of being forced to somehow deal with his presence all night long...

Last edited:

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

What I did was I befriended him, but just casually gave him some attention now and then while focusing most of my time and attention on the girls. I acted like "I'm having fun with these girls, you can tag along".
I tried to focus on the hot one and so did he at first, but her and me were drawn to each other so he eventually went for the mediocre girl. This wasn't too bad, actually. He could keep the other girl occupied so me and the hot one could focus on each other. However, he did barge in and interrupted our interaction now and then, which kinda broke the positive vibe that was building between her and me.

As the night moved to its end, he started hitting on the hot one more aggressively and she felt he was coming on too strong so she decided to get out of there and told her girlfriend she wanted to go home. I did get both their numbers as they left. But fvck man, I wasn't finished with the girl yet and feel like he ruined my chances of scoring her that night by chasing her off to home.

All in all, things went pretty okay but I would like to be able to get rid of a guy when he is interrupting the buildup between me and a girl, instead of being forced to somehow deal with his presence all night long...
In that case, take her to grab a drink, or out on the porch. Isolate and get some one on one time. Remove the obstruction from the equation. Or even just move to the other side of the room as something catches your attention and take her in tow “is that an African antique over there?! Let’s see..” *grab her hand and lead*

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree it's a good idea to lead her away from him. But that was kinda difficult as I was dealing with TWO girls here. It's quite difficult to lead them both away from the guy at once. That's why I'm looking for advice on how to disqualify the dude on the spot so he will leave by his own free will.

Something like saying to the girls out loud: "Ah I see from the way you girls are standing with his arms around you that you belong to him, right?"

Girls don't like to be anyone's property so hopefully they would object "Uhhh no we don't!" and they would simultaneously remove his arm to demonstrate it.

I just came up with this right now, but you see my point? It's a witty move using only words, and the result is that the girls reject him both in words and deeds. Especially if they physically remove his arm from their necks, he would probably feel totally rejected and walk away accepting his loss haha.

That's the type of smart and witty move I'm looking for, where you own the situation and make the guy leave by his own choice, just through using words.

By the way, we were on a boat. I should've just pushed him over and let him drown :D

Last edited:

NickAdams713

Don Juan
Reaction score
Roosh details a really awesome method of eliminating a ****blocker in the situation you describe, and it's pretty fool proof.

He asks the ****blocker "do you like her?"

If he says "no", he just put himself in a weird position. You then say "oh, I thought you were really into her because you came up and interrupted this conversation. I'm wondering what you're doing here."

If he says "yes", you reply with "oh, then you should by her a drink." If he doesn't buy her that drink, he looks like cheap loser. If he DOES buy her the drink, he looks like a supplicating beta male.

Problem solved.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Roosh details a really awesome method of eliminating a ****blocker in the situation you describe, and it's pretty fool proof.

If he says "no", he just put himself in a weird position. You then say "oh, I thought you were really into her because you came up and interrupted this conversation. I'm wondering what you're doing here."

If he says "yes", you reply with "oh, then you should by her a drink." If he doesn't buy her that drink, he looks like cheap loser. If he DOES buy her the drink, he looks like a supplicating beta male.

Problem solved.
They fall for the cheap losers . But never a supplicating beta .

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand that. But if he says he likes the girl and then refuses to buy her a drink after your suggestion, it puts him in an awkward spot. Do you agree?
As long as the alpha is mindful, he might get her ONE drink knowing she's going to give him more anyway.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree it's a good idea to lead her away from him. But that was kinda difficult as I was dealing with TWO girls here. It's quite difficult to lead them both away from the guy at once. That's why I'm looking for advice on how to disqualify the dude on the spot so he will leave by his own free will.

Something like saying to the girls out loud: "Ah I see from the way you girls are standing with his arms around you that you belong to him, right?"

Girls don't like to be anyone's property so hopefully they would object "Uhhh no we don't!" and they would simultaneously remove his arm to demonstrate it.

I just came up with this right now, but you see my point? It's a witty move using only words, and the result is that the girls reject him both in words and deeds. Especially if they physically remove his arm from their necks, he would probably feel totally rejected and walk away accepting his loss haha.

That's the type of smart and witty move I'm looking for, where you own the situation and make the guy leave by his own choice, just through using words.

By the way, we were on a boat. I should've just pushed him over and let him drown :D
You said the other dude was talking to the less attractive girl at one point. That would be the time to make your move.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Problem solved.
Thanks man! I'll keep this one in mind and might try it if I run into a similar situation again!

Keep em coming guys! I'd like to have a collection of possible moves that I can try.