Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

C.S. Lewis on Building Men with Chests

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
On this forum, I've noticed there isn't much talk about how we, as men, can shape ourselves - independent of any mention of women.

That's not a gripe, merely an observation. One of my favorite authors is C.S. Lewis, and here's a recent podcast that discusses Lewis' thoughts on 'building men with chests.' C.S. believed the chest to be the 'seat of virtue-seeking sentiments and well-tuned emotions.' It's about 45 minutes long, so, if you are so inclined, I highly recommend the listen:

Podcast #765: C.S. Lewis on Building Men With Chests | The Art of Manliness

"Like Plato, C.S. Lewis believed that the human soul was made up of three parts — the head (the rational, reason-driven part of you), the belly (your appetites and base instincts), and the chest (the seat of virtue-seeking sentiments and well-tuned emotions). In order for your head to make your decisions, particularly the decision to live a virtuous life, rather than your decisions being driven by your belly, the head needs the aid of the chest, of right feeling.

A few months ago, we had Michael Ward on the show to talk about why C.S. Lewis felt that modern life was making “men without chests.” Today, I talk to a guest who can shed light on what Lewis thought was needed to build that chest back up."

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Will check that one out. That podcast always seems to have some great topics. Thanks for posting

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On this forum, I've noticed there isn't much talk about how we, as men, can shape ourselves - independent of any mention of women.

That's not a gripe, merely an observation. One of my favorite authors is C.S. Lewis, and here's a recent podcast that discusses Lewis' thoughts on 'building men with chests.' C.S. believed the chest to be the 'seat of virtue-seeking sentiments and well-tuned emotions.' It's about 45 minutes long, so, if you are so inclined, I highly recommend the listen:

Podcast #765: C.S. Lewis on Building Men With Chests | The Art of Manliness

"Like Plato, C.S. Lewis believed that the human soul was made up of three parts — the head (the rational, reason-driven part of you), the belly (your appetites and base instincts), and the chest (the seat of virtue-seeking sentiments and well-tuned emotions). In order for your head to make your decisions, particularly the decision to live a virtuous life, rather than your decisions being driven by your belly, the head needs the aid of the chest, of right feeling.

A few months ago, we had Michael Ward on the show to talk about why C.S. Lewis felt that modern life was making “men without chests.” Today, I talk to a guest who can shed light on what Lewis thought was needed to build that chest back up."
I heard it yesterday on a long drive. There was an article about the topic on the website months ago when I remember correctly.

The article is from 2018