Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

C & F really not that ****y and funny

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 8, 2003
Messages
2,028
Reaction score
31
OK, I posted awhile back that the reason women like humor is because basically they're not very funny. I know a lot of women, have dated a lot of women, and have some women as friends. Very few are funny or quick witted.

That said, I can see why ****y and funny (C & F) -- even when you're not funny or ****y -- works on a woman. They must be totally clueless on this stuff!

I just got back from my favorite coffee shop and for months since I've lived in this new town I've heard guys try to be ****y and funny with women at this place. I have yet to chuckle once. Tonight some guy with a semi-hottie was reading a newspaper and trying to make jokes about what he was reading. This guy was NOT funny, he was dressed like ****, kind of ugly, bad hygiene, was talking about being an unemployed artitist, and basically had few redeeming qualities.

The woman was laughing.

Trust me, he wasn't one iota funny. I am picky with my humor as I watch some shows that are funny (Simpsons) and read some books that are funny.

I am amazed that American women fall for C & F when about 95 percent of the guys out there are NOT even close to being funny.

Even on this site some guys have given their C & F lines and I don't chuckle, smile, or even smirk.

Are these women that shallow?! It's stunning.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
It's TRUE! I'm the only one who's even remotely amusing! I think it's because I like the Three Stooges:p (Nuk! Nuk! Nuk!)
 

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 8, 2003
Messages
2,028
Reaction score
31
Actually I like that line

I don't like the 3 Stooges, but I like the line, "The only woman who likes the 3 Stooges." First time I read that I chuckled.

I'm kind of looking for the "only woman who likes Rodney Dangerfield."

Women HATE Dangerfield, it's amazing!

* Back to my point, why are C & F guys who are NOT even close to being funny considered humorous by women?
 

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 25, 2002
Messages
2,191
Reaction score
175
A year ago I noticed when looking back on my whole life, that while I joke with women, and they certainly laugh, it's very rare for a woman to joke back. Actually, so rare as to be practically non-existent. Right now I have a good female friend who's very funny but I notice she only jokes in response to my jokes. I can think of only one female friend, of long ago, who actually told jokes.

I think it's quite demonstrative of how spiritually dead are most women. They take pride in being supposedly more down-to-earth than men, but the consequence of that is being imaginatively dead. But where they lack in telling jokes they make up for being easy to amuse, so it all balances out.

I don't do much of C+F, because I have a mellow personality, but last night I decided to pull an 'experiment' on a chick who is my guinea pig of little experiments, and so I told her, in a club, "I think I'm a better dancer than you," even though she's a very good dancer. I could barely stop myself from laughing while delivering the line, it was so outrageous. Even though the line was straight up c0cky, it worked like a charm. A week ago I bashed her movie tastes for her liking The Matrix 2 & 3, which I think pound for pound are the worst movies ever in terms of sequels, and all I can say is she was not turned off. ;) In fact, thinking about it, all I ever do is bust her on stuff.
WestCoaster:
Even on this site some guys have given their C & F lines and I don't chuckle, smile, or even smirk.
I totally agree.
I am amazed that American women fall for C & F when about 95 percent of the guys out there are NOT even close to being funny.
I'm not sure about that but it doesn't matter what we think of them because so long as it's funny between the two of them that's all that counts. :D
 

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
Dangerfield is great, one of my all-time favorites.

It is so funny you mention that women hate it. I used to be like Dangerfield always putting myself down. Girls hate that you are very correct. Self-depracating humour gets you nowhere.

Still think Rodney is one of the all-time best. I just don't use it with girls! Better to make fun of the girl than yourself!
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

deeloo

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
some of the ****y remarks posted on this site are quite witty though - albeit rare.

for example, when someone asks "how are you", you say "ive been told that i'm pretty damn good".. haha that one made me smile.
 
Top