By 2030, 45% of American women will be single & childless

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Murphy Brown aired from 1988 - 1998.
I think it was the first cultural touchstone show showcasing the urban elite, where the women were bossbabes, and the men were light in the loafers. It was also not long after cable TV became a thing, and so the big, conventional networks did not have to go for a mainstream audience, and instead went for an audience that they could sell to their advertising customers - and if there is one thing that barren feminists and girly men do, it's spending on frivolous, high mark-up stuff.
Cable TV started to gain popularity in the early 1980s. Many of the big cable networks launched around 1980. ESPN launched in 1979, MTV and CNN in 1981, TBS and USA started pre-1980 as well. Cable networks didn't really do scripted comedies and dramas until some point in the 1990s.

You have a point on barren feminists and girly men spending on frivolous, high markup stuff. There are more barren feminists and girly men now than when Murphy Brown aired.

The wildly popular show "Dallas" was a bit of country-hicks as elite.
Southfork Ranch was meant to be on the outskirts of the Dallas area. In real life, Southfork Ranch was on the outskirts of the Dallas area in the 1980s when "Dallas" aired. Suburbanization has been creeping in all around there since then. North and west of Southfork, the cities of Allen, McKinney, and Frisco all grew big time after 1990. Some smaller areas like Murphy and Wylie have grown near Southfork. There's a little bit of open space now near Southfork for historical purposes, but not much.

In that show, the Ewing brothers commuted from Southfork Ranch to Downtown Dallas to work at Ewing Oil. In the 2010s-2020s, that's a long and unpleasant drive. In the late 1970s-early 1990s, that would have still been unpleasant because that was before Central Expressway (US-75) in Dallas got expanded and re-built in the 1990s.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you get older, you'll understand. Single, unmarried women 35+ are a much bigger pain to deal with than a divorced mom. The single, unmarried woman might have more time available but her attitude on the whole will be worse to the point where the divorced mom is the better deal.
That's because the single mommy can't afford to be a birch; she has to be on her best behavior and keep her new man satisfied.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Single, unmarried women 35+ are a much bigger pain to deal with than a divorced mom. The single, unmarried woman might have more time available but her attitude on the whole will be worse to the point where the divorced mom is the better deal.
I have dated some mid to late 30s childless women since I turned 35. They can be difficult at times but I still prefer them to single moms. My lifestyle as a childless man is way too different from the lifestyle of a single mom.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what does this all mean for the average guy trying to get laid?
What it means? if an average guy is willing to bust his butt he will have his pick of the litter when it comes to getting laid.
However, if you're average now it's easier to get laid than 20 years ago.
Swipe apps(in comparison to cold approach) have made hooking up ridiculously easy to the point that, you don't even have to go on a date (not always but if you know how to play it right, it certainly can be done)
The caveat is that it will be harder for an average guy to get married or even a relationship if he doesn't meat certain expecatation or standards.

Proving what I've said in the past that not everything is the guy's fault. Expectations&standards from women (especially beautiful women) are higher than they ever been. Hence you wanna be above average. Then the game switches and you can call the shots!

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm very glad I have zero desire for marriage/family/kids myself. Thing is, I'm not deluding myself, unlike these women who will be miserable and bitter once they're 35+ and have absolutely no meaning in their lives except for slaving away for faceless corporate overlords and "travelling" for overseas promiscuity. But I don't intend on ever dating them anyway, so no loss for me.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
. They will give it up without the ring for Chad - even going raw and without birth control
Yes, and the subsidization of their bastard offspring falls on innocent third parties.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Swipe apps(in comparison to cold approach) have made hooking up ridiculously easy to the point that, you don't even have to go on a date (not always but if you know how to play it right, it certainly can be done)
This is true for a small percentage of men. The typical mid-tier man on a swipe app isn't getting easy casual sex.

What it means? if an average guy is willing to bust his butt he will have his pick of the litter when it comes to getting laid.
However, if you're average now it's easier to get laid than 20 years ago.
I think the average range men are doing worse now than 20 years ago. 20 years ago was 2004 and that was right around the time that online dating websites were getting de-stigmatized. Men mostly met women through real life methods. Women had less abundance viia real life methods.

With swipe apps and social media DMs, women have more abundance of prospects. This has encouraged female hypergamy. A smaller group of men near the top have gotten more sex whereas the mid-tier men have either gotten less sex or had to put in more effort to get sex.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is true for a small percentage of men. The typical mid-tier man on a swipe app isn't getting easy casual sex.

I think the average range men are doing worse now than 20 years ago. 20 years ago was 2004 and that was right around the time that online dating websites were getting de-stigmatized. Men mostly met women through real life methods. Women had less abundance viia real life methods.

With swipe apps and social media DMs, women have more abundance of prospects. This has encouraged female hypergamy. A smaller group of men near the top have gotten more sex whereas the mid-tier men have either gotten less sex or had to put in more effort to get sex.
Not all women are banging Chad's&Tyrones(or top-tier guys in general), there are plenty of plain Jane's "Mid Tier" women who still get horny and wanna get laid. Chad&Tyrone can't bang them all sir