Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bumping ancient threads

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Instead of replying to an ancient thread, may we kindly suggest to instead create a new thread adding your thoughts and linking to the old one. Thank you.

@jhonny9546

Last edited:

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was a mod on a now-defunct PUA forum, this became such a common issue that we specifically made a rule against it. To this day I still have no idea the process that these people go through to revive old threads, and I am genuinely curious as to how they're even finding such old threads. Do they find them through Google, where older webpages/threads might have more SEO authority to rank higher? Do they just prefer posting in threads that have more pages and replies and specifically seek them in forum searches? Just how?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was a mod on a now-defunct PUA forum, this became such a common issue that we specifically made a rule against it. To this day I still have no idea the process that these people go through to revive old threads, and I am genuinely curious as to how they're even finding such old threads. Do they find them through Google, where older webpages/threads might have more SEO authority to rank higher? Do they just prefer posting in threads that have more pages and replies and specifically seek them in forum searches? Just how?
Internet marketing companies create these bots. They are designed to drive traffic to the client's site. They pretend to be human, make generic comments, and eventually post spam links. One of the big red flags is the bumping of old threads.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Internet marketing companies create these bots. They are designed to drive traffic to the client's site. They pretend to be human, make generic comments, and eventually post spam links. One of the big red flags is the bumping of old threads.
Ironically, a forum like City-Data encourages people to revive threads, which may drive up traffic or and give them more money, I guess.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find them on google but I'm pretty specific on what I search (bc I want to find as similar of a situation as possible to see how they are handled)

But yeah, specific to this content, things have changed so much with dating it's almost irrelevant. It's almost like bumping a 15 year old thread on a tech forum, it's obsolete.

Last edited:

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How are you finding those old posts?

Genuinely very curious as a former forum mod.

Also my third and final time asking (not a threat lol).
Probably Google search. It's happened to me but for other forums. Especially if you keyword search a certain phrase.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This will probably be an ongoing issue, I think we will need yearly reminders of this.

JoyDivision1990

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I often read threads from years ago, but don't resurrect them. I find them by doing a search in the search bar for a particular topic and all threads discussing that topic will pop up.

I have found threads going back as far as 2010, perhaps even further back!

The forum was so much different back then. 2016-2018 were the best years imo with posters like da dynamically and stormrider (same poster), @guru1000 and others.

@BeExcellent was a relatively new member back then and there were some great (and heated!!) discussions between her and stormrider and others, there was a female poster, saez, who was a kick too!

It's changed a lot since then!

Anyway, perhaps that's how these threads get resurrected, I can't speak for those who do it.

Yeah, starting a new thread would be best.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
This will probably be an ongoing issue, I think we will need yearly reminders of this.
Ironically, we could bump this thread every now and then.