Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Broke up after almost 2 years

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn I had a lot of pictures to delete

Dr.Suave

Reaction score

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 years the relationship is still really in it's infancy

In theory you should date for at least 5-6 months then commit to a proper relationship for a year and then start to think about living together

It's no coincidence most relationships fall apart after 2 years its because usually at this stage the excitement of having a partner has worn off and the routine sets in

My longest relationship lasted 4 years but by the end we were basically just best friends any romance between us had long died but i did genuinely care for her it was a horrible situation to end

People say you can roll your best friend and partner into one person but i think you need to be incredibly lucky to do that

I have slowly realised it's usually one or the other .....

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
2 years the relationship is still really in it's infancy

In theory you should date for at least 5-6 months then commit to a proper relationship for a year and then start to think about living together

It's no coincidence most relationships fall apart after 2 years its because usually at this stage the excitement of having a partner has worn off and the routine sets in

My longest relationship lasted 4 years but by the end we were basically just best friends any romance between us had long died but i did genuinely care for her it was a horrible situation to end

People say you can roll your best friend and partner into one person but i think you need to be incredibly lucky to do that

I have slowly realised it's usually one or the other .....
Bro, I feel ya. My longest ltr was also 4 years. It wasnt even that long ago, she ended it summer 2021 and like you said it was a horrible situation to end. But thanks to her ending things, I found someone I like way more than her.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look to your friend circle and see if there are people you have neglected in that time...This is the time to evaluate what is really important to you. What were you putting off in that time? What did you learn about yourself in that time? Go after that. And More likely than not there will be a woman or 6 who show up as a part of that pursuit.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, brother.

You have been here a bit so you already know about the No Contact thread if you need it. But main thing is to go into No Contact, stay in No Contact, and, if you feel it is necessary, remove her from social media.

Also, begin dating when you are ready. Having other women in the picture to remind your body and mind that other females exist is important - but it may take you a bit to mentally get into that mindset, so don't force it.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We had completely opposite schedules.. she worked 10 at night til 6 am which is around the time I start work at 6am. But the same days off together. Lived 20 minutes away, next city. things started out good but noticed we weren't really communicating or seeing each other as often. After talking about things she didn't know if things would work out down the road or we need a break. Obviously not a good enough answer for me so, I had to go. Even talked about marriage.. glad I never bought a ring He, he,he!! Atleast I found out the truth now. And yes still No Contact, just sucks but on to the next one

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what its supposed to be like. People are looking for something unsustainable and unimportant.
I look at my parents who have been married happily for close to 50yrs. They are very good friends who respect and honor each other. They have built quite the impressive life by working together. It's not about the sex, love, or any of that other fairy tale emotiomal stuff. nor what one can do for the other. They've worked as a team for the benefit of their union.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I look at my parents who have been married happily for close to 50yrs. They are very good friends who respect and honor each other. They have built quite the impressive life by working together. It's not about the sex, love, or any of that other fairy tale emotiomal stuff. nor what one can do for the other. They've worked as a team for the benefit of their union.
People are unwilling to compromise even in small things anymore. Any long term realtionship is about compromise and communication and of you don't have those it will not work.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We had completely opposite schedules.. she worked 10 at night til 6 am which is around the time I start work at 6am. But the same days off together. Lived 20 minutes away, next city. things started out good but noticed we weren't really communicating or seeing each other as often. After talking about things she didn't know if things would work out down the road or we need a break. Obviously not a good enough answer for me so, I had to go. Even talked about marriage.. glad I never bought a ring He, he,he!! Atleast I found out the truth now. And yes still No Contact, just sucks but on to the next one
So spending time together on days off wasn’t enough for you? Or for her? Or was the breakup really about something else?

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So spending time together on days off wasn’t enough for you? Or for her? Or was the breakup really about something else?
Hard to say, some weekends she was tired or busy and we werent hanging out like we use to. So when I asked what was up she thought with our schedules being completely opposite she wasnt sure if things would work out down the road or thought we needed a break. Well if she had HIGH Interest, we would of been able to work around it like we have been. And if she has to stop and think about seems like she wasnt that serious about me, which is why I had to end it. We werent arguing, even were still having sex up until that point... Oh well

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
peep game brother
"If a girl really wants to see you, she will manipulate the moon and stars to make it happen"
This girl is losing interest
Have you thought that maybe she is talking to another dude at her work/social media.
I mean why the schedule issue till now.

you did the right move to eject.
better you dumping her than her dumping you.
I would have done the same thing if my girl was giving me hard signals of losing interest. Your gut never lies to you.
Women are like the waves of the ocean they come and go , bro. Listen to Dreams by fleetwood mac tonight. Lift some weights and get money.
You will be alright g

Last edited:

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There has been research that says most girls ONLY break up with their current partner ONLY if they already had another guy in mind.

Because of this, yeah, she is probably hooking up with another guy now. Oh well... that's how the cookie crumbles.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
There has been research that says most girls ONLY break up with their current partner ONLY if they already had another guy in mind.

Because of this, yeah, she is probably hooking up with another guy now. Oh well... that's how the cookie crumbles.
Yeah but why that happened? That's the symptom not the disease. When a girl is with her best option there is no other guy that can snatch her.

Did he get complacent? Needy? Insecure? Clingy? He stopped chasing excellent? He stopped courting her? Trying new things? Did he stop taking care of himself?

Men have the burden of performance right? Then perform we should perform like we have to, and even more in an LTR.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but why that happened? That's the symptom not the disease. When a girl is with her best option there is no other guy that can snatch her.

Did he get complacent? Needy? Insecure? Clingy? He stopped chasing excellent? He stopped courting her? Trying new things? Did he stop taking care of himself?

Men have the burden of performance right? Then perform we should perform like we have to, and even more in an LTR.
Why is the sky blue? Who really knows? We can only try our best to men. If they don't like it so be it. They too have the responsibility to be women.

Sometimes things just don't click.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
Why is the sky blue? Who really knows? We can only try our best to men. If they don't like it so be it. They too have the responsibility to be women.

Sometimes things just don't click.
BS, if the woman has red flags that are deal breakers and the guy ignored them, its his fault, if the woman was okay, and the guy put her on a pedestal, getting needy, complacent and all those thing I listed still his fault. I've done it and got the tshirt.

That's why there has to be a vetting process before commiting and dating multiple women to know with which one "things click" but guys has to few options that they wanna turn a ho3 into a housewife, or they commit to the very first women who likes them. Been there, done that, came for more and got the tshirt.