Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bro Split vs Push Pull

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
My current workout routine is

Day 1 Chest + Bicep
Day 2 Legs
Day 3 Back + Tricep
Day 4 Legs
Day 5 Shoulders + Trap
Day 6 Rest
Day 7 Rest

But i keep hearing a push pull workout and training pnly 3 days a week, i just wonder how people are able to do that and for only 30 minutes a day but still make gains?

I've only been working out consistently for 5 weeks now so I'm still a newbie.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro splits are bullshvt. They are promoted by known steroid abusers.

Do Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5X5 for natural "gains."

The only weightlifting exercises really worth a damn are Squat, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Overhead Press, and Chin Ups. You gain nothing as a natural lifter by focusing on lifts that are accessory to those.

A solid goal for any natural lifter is to bench 200, squat 300, and deadlift 400 lb. Until you can hit those numbers, there is no need for "splits."

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've just started working out 5 weeks ago, I wouldn't worry about splits. I would probably work out either twice a week and do everything, or 4 times a week and break it up as follows:

Monday: Squat, Bench Press, Incline Press
Tuesday: Power Clean, Jerk, Pullups
Wednesday: Abs and Conditioning
Thursday: Leg Press, Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell Incline Press
Friday: Deadlift, Military Press, T-Rows
Saturday: Abs and Conditioning

I'd probably start by going twice a week (a variant of Squat, Press, then Clean/Jerk), with plenty of ab work on other days, to get your core stronger. Do that for 6 weeks then do the workout I outlined above. After 12 weeks, you can start looking at splits so you can add in some isolated lifts to areas where you're struggling to develop.

Bandolero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are new to weightlifting then you are going to make gains regardless of what you are doing. Stay consistent, eat healthy and don't go to snap city with your ego lifting.

Redwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are new to Lifting or want to lift on a budget check out the body beast program by beach body. It's pretty good and I've learned a lot and gained good muscle.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to train a muscle group at a minimum 2x/week to facilitate gains in strength via reinforcing movement patterns (practicing the same lift over and over until it becomes technical), as well as keeping the muscle stimulated via muscle protein synthesis (physiological changes in the muscle following a bout of resistance training).

That being said, a typical "bro split" neglects this as usually the muscle is only trained 1x/week. However, you can do hybrid bro splits that incorporate 2x/week trng. I prefer full body, Push/Pull, or Upper/Lower splits to keep muscle frequency consistent.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Push pull is something you do if you're working out every day, to give other muscle groups a rest and avoid injury. If you're working out 3 or 4 times a week you can safely do a full body workout every time. Push pull at 3 days a week isn't very strenuous at all, sounds lame.

Focus on hitting your macros/cals no matter what you do.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My routine is Monday and Tuesday rest. Wednesday running outside 3 to 5km. Then from Thursday to Sunday intense workout with also running outside on Saturday during the day.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Push pull is something you do if you're working out every day, to give other muscle groups a rest and avoid injury. If you're working out 3 or 4 times a week you can safely do a full body workout every time. Push pull at 3 days a week isn't very strenuous at all, sounds lame.

Focus on hitting your macros/cals no matter what you do.
Gold