Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Brides sister off limits??

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently went to a friends wedding. I was trying to smash it up with the brides younger sister. My friend (the groom) got mad at me and told me to stay away, said that he doesn’t want his “sister” to be mixed up with a guy like me.

His sister? Wtf? Shes not his sister, not sure why he’d feel that way. hate when ppl loosely associate these terms. Anyways, I always thought the only one off limits at the wedding is the Bride. Her family members are all fair game?

Am I missing something? Did these etiquette change in last few years?

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently went to a friends wedding. I was trying to smash it up with the brides younger sister. My friend (the groom) got mad at me and told me to stay away, said that he doesn’t want his “sister” to be mixed up with a guy like me.

His sister? Wtf? Shes not his sister, not sure why he’d feel that way. hate when ppl loosely associate these terms. Anyways, I always thought the only one off limits at the wedding is the Bride. Her family members are all fair game?

We men are indeed extremely thirsty, aren't we? Your friend probably knows you well enough , and tries to avoid dramatic situations where he'll need to play problem solver for you.

She is off limit, gotta respect that. I personally wouldn't even go there unless she was coming up to me STRONGLY.

What the definition of " a guy like you?". Be honest...

Last edited:

Billtx49

Reaction score
His sister? Wtf? Shes not his sister, not sure why he’d feel that way.
She becomes his sister in law after the wedding. He effectively marries into her family, and she into his. Looks like he’s taking that new relationship seriously…

He obviously doesn’t have a very high opinion of you for some reason, but any single bridesmaids or brides friends are a different story …
Reminds me of the movie Wedding Crashers

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She becomes his sister in law after the wedding. He effectively marries into her family, and she into his. Looks like he’s taking that new relationship seriously…

He obviously doesn’t have a very high opinion of you for some reason, but any single bridesmaids or brides friends are a different story …
Reminds me of the movie Wedding Crashers
Idk. I would never view a sister in law as equivalent to my “sister”. That’s just me, maybe it seems other guys do?

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe his wife told him to keep you away from her??

I dated this hot hot asian girl , and her sister was even hotter. But, bat poop crazy.

Whenever a homie of mine bought up the sister I kept the convo short. "NO".

I didnt even think about it, just NO. You are my homie I already see your fck face plenty of time. I know you pretty well and..mwah..maybe not the best recommendation for a ltr( just like the sister so that's two poisons combined). If she would beg me to introduce you, then oke, I would not cackblock.

So much fish I the sea, get your own fish. I say this with love bro.

Op, Maybe you wanna answer this question by the way?

Whats the definition of " a guy like you?". Be honest...

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The bride's sister was fair game. Your male friend is a wimp. However, a lot of social groups look down upon guys who try to smash fast. It's not politically correct.
Agree. The question is this. Was the sister receptive to you? If the answer is yes, then proceed.

You are a high value man, well off and in an esteemed profession. You also have a playboy/bad boy reputation. You have finances, style and panache. What woman doesn’t want that? Granted she needs to feel attraction toward you, but you know the game well.

Your friend the groom knows you. So he knows all the above. He and his wife are protective of the sister so you’ve got to take a longer play on this. They think you’ll pump & dump her. Maybe you will, maybe you won’t but that’s the fear they have & they don’t want the social fall out of her getting pumped and dumped by the groom’s close friend.

So if you liked the sister, be straight up about that and realize this a longer play than a random hook up and it may have social consequences.

How much do you like this girl? Enough to take all that on?

Every girl wants to snare a playboy, tame a bad boy etc., assuming she finds you attractive. You know this.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Normally I'd agree with you on this and say your male friend is a wimp/c0ckblock.

But considering your other thread about how you'd cuck your friends and laugh at their sadness, I can definitely see why he wants to keep you away.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Based on your other posts, you sound like an @$$hole. I'm not judging you but that's the impression that comes across. I would imagine that it comes across even stronger in real life. It sounds like your friend does not want to get stuck in the middle of the drama that would inevitably be created by your efforts to bang his sister-in-law.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Agree. The question is this. Was the sister receptive to you? If the answer is yes, then proceed.

You are a high value man, well off and in an esteemed profession. You also have a playboy/bad boy reputation. You have finances, style and panache. What woman doesn’t want that? Granted she needs to feel attraction toward you, but you know the game well.

Your friend the groom knows you. So he knows all the above. He and his wife are protective of the sister so you’ve got to take a longer play on this. They think you’ll pump & dump her. Maybe you will, maybe you won’t but that’s the fear they have & they don’t want the social fall out of her getting pumped and dumped by the groom’s close friend.

So if you liked the sister, be straight up about that and realize this a longer play than a random hook up and it may have social consequences.

How much do you like this girl? Enough to take all that on?

Every girl wants to snare a playboy, tame a bad boy etc., assuming she finds you attractive. You know this.
I read it as his friend is jealous of him because he knows OP is everything HE wants to be but isn't, so he tries to put him down and back him off.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP - frankly, it sounds like there is more to this story than you are letting on. Most men wouldn't care that you are going after the new sister-in-law. This may be wrong, but my hunch is that you completely bungled the approach at the wedding (maybe too much alcohol) and made the sister-in-law uncomfortable given the family setting. She runs to bride and complains, bride complains to your friend/the groom, and he proceeds to get pissed at you. If that is the case, it is understandable why he would be upset given that this a somewhat unique setting where family is around and the bride getting angry about something is never a good thing.

If he really is just upset because you made a normal pass at the sister, then yes, that is completely unreasonable and he deserves to be given grief over turning into a white knight. But it just sounds like there is more to it than your friend getting pissed out of nowhere.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
The sister is fair game.