Breakups Hit Men Harder Than Women

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Contrary to the common belief that men are emotionless robots capable of only horniness and rage, a recent study has found evidence to suggest that men are, in fact, able to experience other, more vulnerable emotions. Not only that, but it seems men may actually be more emotionally invested in romantic relationships than their female partners. While gender stereotypes often paint women as the more emotionally attached partners in relationships, and thus the more distraught over their dissolution, recent research suggests men may actually be the ones stuck sobbing over a pint of ice cream after a breakup.

Researchers found that talk of heartache, regret and tears after a breakup was surprisingly pronounced among men, occurring “significantly more” among male respondents than female ones.

———

Thoughts?

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Contrary to the common belief that men are emotionless robots capable of only horniness and rage, a recent study has found evidence to suggest that men are, in fact, able to experience other, more vulnerable emotions. Not only that, but it seems men may actually be more emotionally invested in romantic relationships than their female partners. While gender stereotypes often paint women as the more emotionally attached partners in relationships, and thus the more distraught over their dissolution, recent research suggests men may actually be the ones stuck sobbing over a pint of ice cream after a breakup.

Researchers found that talk of heartache, regret and tears after a breakup was surprisingly pronounced among men, occurring “significantly more” among male respondents than female ones.

———

Thoughts?
That”s because most men can not replace a girl in the vast majority of cases

They have no options so they stay and think about the girl :)

Bang 2 new girls in a couple of weeks and you will be amazed on how fast the intensity of the feelings for the ex cool down

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best way to get over it is get another one. Pull up your boot straps get a fcking hobby and find another girl. Stop making these women the goal. There are no unicorns haha
Look man, it is ok to feel bad that it did not work with a girl you liked or that things with your gf did not work out

But from feeling bad to be a chronic whiner is a big difference

Real men accept that they feel bad, that it sucks but at the same time they have to be a man about it and get back in their feet

Most men do not even go out of their house, they just sit there masturbate and hope that they can learn an incantation to magically summon naked girls in their bed

Like I said multiple times before, women are right when they say that most men are sh1t

Real men know that it is only up to them to make things happen and no one will help them in their journey, actually people will try to slow him down or sidetrack him

Last edited:

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has no one read War Brides? It's an adapted trait.

When invaders came in and plundered a kingdom, the men and children were dispatched but not the women. I wonder why?

The ones who came to 'love' their new owners lived, and those who were loyal to their fallen husbands did not.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a well known fact, why do you think men kill themselves and ex-partners at such a high rate compared to women?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a well known fact, why do you think men kill themselves and ex-partners at such a high rate compared to women?
Testosterone, lack of emotional control and instant gratification issues, mostly.

IamtheAlphamale

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look man, it is ok to feel bad that it did not work with a girl you liked or that things with your gf did not work out

But from feeling bad to be a chronic whiner is a big difference

Real men accept that they feel bad, that it sucks but at the same time they have to be a man about it and get back in their feet

Most men do not even go out of their house, they just sit there masturbate and hope that they can learn an incantation to magically summon naked girls in their bed

Like I said multiple times before, women are right when they say that most men are sh1t

Real men know that it is only up to them to make things happen and no one will help them in their journey, actually people will try to slow him down or sidetrack him
I know what your saying but it's really important for your subconscious to have sympathy. But getting stuck in negative thoughts is also bad and creates bad patterns that your subconscious will get addicted to.

And your right, people get in the way a lot on our journey.

IamtheAlphamale

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had this conversation with a girl at my work earlier this week. I said how apparently women feel less bad about breakups etc than men. The girl responded that women are under huge pressure to pretend like they don't care because of feminism type stuff and other women. So according to her they are just lying in the studies etc. I actually believe she's right though.

A few decades ago the most important thing women listed in life was a man. Now it's like education, career etc. Basically whatever the new fad of what they are supposed to think is the answers they are giving. Women love to seek validation. I can give fake answers to stuff to but it doesn't mean that's how I actually feel

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The girl responded that women are under huge pressure to pretend like they don't care
Also that can be a factor, but at the same time women are also less romantical than men on average :)

They might be less romantical because of the options they have or because they start hating you, which makes them less prone to be warmer when she is detaching herself from
You

That is why I think when a woman is going through the motions about you, it is very difficult to even have at least a decent logical discussion with her

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had this conversation with a girl at my work earlier this week. I said how apparently women feel less bad about breakups etc than men. The girl responded that women are under huge pressure to pretend like they don't care because of feminism type stuff and other women. So according to her they are just lying in the studies etc. I actually believe she's right though.

A few decades ago the most important thing women listed in life was a man. Now it's like education, career etc. Basically whatever the new fad of what they are supposed to think is the answers they are giving. Women love to seek validation. I can give fake answers to stuff to but it doesn't mean that's how I actually feel
You're a brave man, Clark, for even talking to a chick at work about anything social.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its easier to move on from a relationship when you've got 50 dudes dying to take you out. This is vastly different from the reality of most men who have to start all over at ground zero working their way back up the dating pool ladder which can take weeks, months or forever.

You really think these rich and famous dudes spend long crying in their beer after a breakup when they have good looking women lined up to go out with them? Of course not, and that's the reality of just about any female.

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is another reason that crossed my mind today. Men overvalue relationship history and all the things we went through together. Women only act and behave a certain way because they feel like it in the moment.
She doesn’t care that you’ve been with her for a long time and „built“ something.
I was receiving love letters and massages but after all these times I suddenly become unimportant.
It all didn’t mean anything it was just her and her stupid everchanging emotions.
All these goodies didn’t mean much for me at that moment but because it built up overtime I developed some sort of loyalty idk how to describe it really. Like she was my family

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is another reason that crossed my mind today. Men overvalue relationship history and all the things we went through together. Women only act and behave a certain way because they feel like it in the moment.
She doesn’t care that you’ve been with her for a long time and „built“ something.
I was receiving love letters and massages but after all these times I suddenly become unimportant.
It all didn’t mean anything it was just her and her stupid everchanging emotions.
All these goodies didn’t mean much for me at that moment but because it built up overtime I developed some sort of loyalty idk how to describe it really. Like she was my family
Was yesterday at one of my best friends birthday and there were some colleagues from work in their 40s

They got drunk a bit and telling me about their youth and the guy they were dating back then and bla bla

They do stuff because they like it and still remember after lots of years, just that they are more realistic than the guys and also the numbers are on their side

A matter of options mainly. Girls are bratty these days because the options they think they have

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its easier to move on from a relationship when you've got 50 dudes dying to take you out.
This is the reality for most women from their teen years through the end of their 30s. Even women 40+ have more options than most men would think they would have.

This is vastly different from the reality of most men who have to start all over at ground zero working their way back up the dating pool ladder which can take weeks, months or forever.
You have accurately explained the grind for most men in dating, unless you are a top tier man. Those top tier men are sometimes called 'Chads'.

You really think these rich and famous dudes spend long crying in their beer after a breakup when they have good looking women lined up to go out with them? Of course not, and that's the reality of just about any female.
There have been Tinder/Bumble experiments that show that overweight and old women get more Likes than even men that would be considered elite level.

Elite level men have similar dating experiences to average or even below average women.

Men overvalue relationship history and all the things we went through together. Women only act and behave a certain way because they feel like it in the moment.
It can get annoying to deal with a woman who might say and do something in one moment and it changes to the next moment.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women survive getting dumped much better than men do, in general. They cry it out, blab to their friends about it ad nauseum, get more male attention on social media and move on. We guys tend to internalize it and it's a slow burn-off. I resorted to a lot of weed and liquor in the past to curb some of the sad voices but that’s the old me before I died and came back.
So the moral of the story is whatever you do, don't get dumped. Be aware at all times and if your gut senses her losing interest, be proactive and take ownership of the dynamic.

Last edited: