"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

breaking up is hard to do

...*....

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
alabama
Ok, I have found that my relationship of nine months is at the point of termination. So my problem lies in the fact that this girl is really attached and i want to let her down as easy as possible. Her prom is in the next couple of week so i am not going to do it yet, since she as already bought a dress, but never the less the relationship is over, i have lready quit calling as much as i used to and slacked of on the time i see her........I just want a smooth break up and wondered if you all had any ideas.
Thanks for any help that is provied.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 26, 2002
Messages
4,626
Reaction score
28
Age
40
Location
Colorado
Good luck, since shes so attatched itll break her. Do what you gotta do.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Post a detailed message about your relationship if you want real help please. Give us the whole story.
 

...*....

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
alabama
Well there hasn't been much to the relationship besides her become way to attached. I wasn't planning on doing anything for at least a couple of weeks but the Sh!t hit the fan tonight and she ended up crying for two hours and her comments being, "I rather go on not knowing if you love me, than go on with out you.."
So i told her i thought it would be best if she just found someone who loved her as much as she loved them. So she replied with, "But i Love you i don't want to love anybody else." Part of me wanted to say grow up you are only 17 you have the rest of your life to find sombody........In conclusion i convenced her when stop seeing each other, but just go back to the "talking" stage which i plan to just let dwendel off. That way maybe she won't have to be locked up. anyway please tell what you think....
 

UniqueSoul

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Location
somewhere in Europe
This kinda **** is way too hot to be talked from one point of view only.
---While being with somebody for a quite long time, you become responsible for that person no matter what kinda feelings have evolved towards him/her. Cos being close friends is about caring for each other, making sure that your friend doesn't experience pain, sadness and other negative feelings (that's one of the reasons why friends are being called FRIENDS, isn't it?).
But when your gf/bf seems to have developed much stronger feelings towards you that you feel for him/her, the situation gets a very uneasy flavour of crap (sorry for such rude comparisions). That doesn't mean that a way thinking called "Oh, she feels a completely different way that I do. Hmmh... Isn't this whole **** her own damn problem. I didn't ask her to start loving me, after all. To hell with these sobbing *****. I got my own ****ing life, which IS MY LIFE, WHICH BELONGS TO ME ONLY, NOT HER. **** ya'll!" shouldn't be developed, but man, you're ruining her. It's you who decided to cut things out, and it ain't a big problem of yours, but saying "IT'S OVA FOR GOOD" doesn't give you the right to leave your friends in pain. Yes, she's gonna deal with that in the long run, but hey, she needs your support. As a friend, at least. If you feel that things are really over, they have to be given a final finishing. For the both of you. This pain is SO ****ing hard to overcome, and YOU really gotta make the end as smoother and not escallated as you can.
Even if it ain't the feelings that YOU feel.
:eek:
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top