Breaking the ice

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Although I'm 20, I still have a lot of friends in high school. I'm in a fraternity and I'm close with a high school clique; seeing how both operate in the social scenes, it is like they're on completely different planets. If there's one thing that I've noticed high school people mess up a lot in, it is breaking the ice. For the most part, I think everyone have pretty good social skills and know how to keep a conversation going; it is that hump of trying to get that conversation going that's the trouble.

One thing I discovered a couple years back is that pick up game doesn't only apply to cold approaches. If there's a girl you've only met a couple of times briefly, then the tactics of pick up are well applied. Being in a fraternity, I find myself constantly meeting women, especially in groups. We have these things called "socials" where we hang out with another sorority. My brothers aren't socially awkward, but it takes a bit long for them to break the ice. Me? My nickname is Ice Pick because I'm the one always breaking the ice.

When it comes to groups of women, my favourite "routine" is to ask them a vague but thought inducing question that will have them all involved in the conversation, one I used recently is "Excuse me girls, I have to ask, what do you girls think would be a good gift for a girl?" Sounds familiar? This is Mystery's routine to handling a group of women. It works wonders, you won't believe the results. Not only does it move the wheels forward, but in just a couple of minutes, you'll have established a level with EVERYONE in that group. Girls LOVE to talk and you'll find yourself talking about this subject for at least 20 minutes.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily put it that way, but the principles of pick up apply to all areas of game. IMO all that negging, DHV stuff I don't believe in; I feel fake using it. But yeah using canned material is a good way to break the ice.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
War Against Betaism said:
Although I'm 20, I still have a lot of friends in high school. I'm in a fraternity and I'm close with a high school clique; seeing how both operate in the social scenes, it is like they're on completely different planets. If there's one thing that I've noticed high school people mess up a lot in, it is breaking the ice. For the most part, I think everyone have pretty good social skills and know how to keep a conversation going; it is that hump of trying to get that conversation going that's the trouble.

One thing I discovered a couple years back is that pick up game doesn't only apply to cold approaches. If there's a girl you've only met a couple of times briefly, then the tactics of pick up are well applied. Being in a fraternity, I find myself constantly meeting women, especially in groups. We have these things called "socials" where we hang out with another sorority. My brothers aren't socially awkward, but it takes a bit long for them to break the ice. Me? My nickname is Ice Pick because I'm the one always breaking the ice.

When it comes to groups of women, my favourite "routine" is to ask them a vague but thought inducing question that will have them all involved in the conversation, one I used recently is "Excuse me girls, I have to ask, what do you girls think would be a good gift for a girl?" Sounds familiar? This is Mystery's routine to handling a group of women. It works wonders, you won't believe the results. Not only does it move the wheels forward, but in just a couple of minutes, you'll have established a level with EVERYONE in that group. Girls LOVE to talk and you'll find yourself talking about this subject for at least 20 minutes.
What college you go to? And would you recommend joining a frat? Im going to college this fall and ive kinda been leaning away from the whole frat thing, simply cuz I gotta do good in school, dont wanna get distracted, and I just think the whole frat thing will be way too much for a freshman.

And do you usually party with people just in your frat and sororities? Or do people not in the frat party with you as well?

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eaglez1177 said:
What college you go to? And would you recommend joining a frat? Im going to college this fall and ive kinda been leaning away from the whole frat thing, simply cuz I gotta do good in school, dont wanna get distracted, and I just think the whole frat thing will be way too much for a freshman.

And do you usually party with people just in your frat and sororities? Or do people not in the frat party with you as well?
I'm in a fraternity and I have to freshman year might be too much for you to handle, especially if you aren't used to the workload of your school. In a fraternity you party with pretty much everyone, usually you hold socials like OP said or mixers which are like the same thing with another sorority. That's always a plus, you have something to instantly connect with those girls in that you're in the Greek community. However what's also good is that girls that just want to party come to frat parties as well.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eaglez1177 said:

Cal State Long Beach. I would recommend joining a frat, but you also have to carefully pick which one you decide to join. Not ALL fraternities will get you pvssy. Like Arcbound says, I wouldn't recommend joining one at your freshmen year. Plus after a year in school you will have better judgment of which fraternity you will want to join. And I still party with my friends that aren't in my fraternity; I try not to make my fraternity my life.