Brainwashing Women Over IM

PhatE1vis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thou shall not text, IM, e-mail frequently unless you want to be friend zoned. Call to set up a date and keep it short.

Mantras of the SoSuave community. And not bad advice in my experience.

However, SO many women do the IM/text game. And so many women want to do it all day long (literally).

This seems like a ripe opportunity to me that we may not be taking advantage of? Is there anyway to brainwash a chick over IM (kidding, you know what I mean)?

(BTW, I'm only half serious with this post)

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're 32? I feel like IM and texting is more geared towards high schoolers and college students. It's more of a generational thing to me, I don't see my self using it in a few years (I'm 21).

When I do IM and text, I try to make it infrequent, unique, and relatively short. In other words, I only do it once- twice a month, I try to avoid the standard "hey what's up" (teasing is always fun) and I usually don't talk longer then ten minutes (there are exceptions). What nice about texts and IMs is you can save them and look back at them later if you want.

Also, I try to always be the one to leave first. If it's IM, I try to be the who signs off or goes away first. If it's texting, I usually text once, reply if she does, and pull back.

PhatE1vis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, pretty standard procedure you describe there, which I typically subscribe to.

Regarding age - you'd be surprised, if you ever get into an office environment, how much IMing goes on throughout the work day. I guess girls get bored at work.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it's the standard, but it seems to work. Atleast, it doesn't hurt you.

I can see the whole IMing at work thing now that you mentioned it. E-mailing must be popular too.

I actually made a thread about IM profiles if you want to check it out and give me feedback.
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132181

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
brainwashing techniques only work on the highly suggestible, or people who are easily wooed.

MrMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe that IM and text messaging has its time and place.

As long as you don't use it to communicate with someone you've never met before, you'll be okay.

Me personally? I'm 21 and don't have a text messaging plan. Don't need it, don't want it.