Brad Pitt: Workout & Body [Merged Threads]

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jayhu12 said:
I am currently 140lbs and I consider myself a hard gainer. My goal however is just to be lean and muscular (brad pitt from fight club lol), with some ripped abs.

YOU JUST NEED TO GAIN AROUND 10LBS OF MUSCLE AND BE PRETTY LEAN TO HAVE THAT LOOK WHICH ISN'T TOUGH

This is my current routine and diet.

Work out routation 3day split, 3 excercises, 3 sets of 10. Heavy
day 1 - Chest / Back
day 2 - Bicep / Tricep
day 3 - Shoulders / Legs
day 4 - day off
day 5 - repeat etc.

Cardio 20 minutes every other day
Abs 4 times a week Mon, Weds, Fri, Sat, 2 excercises, 3 sets, continued until i feel the burn in the abs

WOULD SCRAP THAT WHOLE ROUTINE INCLUDING THE ABS AND SEARCH FOR THE IDIOTS GUIDE AND DO THE ROUTINE IN THERE

Diet - 6 meals a day, 2-3 hr intervals usually 2hr but worst case 3hr. 16 cups of water each day.

Meal 1 - 2 scrambled eggs
Meal 2 - Soup (usually chicken mushroom lemon grass soup)
Meal 3 - Muscle Milk Protien Shake
wait 1 hr then take my NO2 workout drink
(work out)
Meal 4 - Muscle Milk Protein Shake
Meal 5 - 2 small bowls of fried rice, 1 chicken breast [cooked on the george foreman =) ]
Meal 6 - 1 Chicken breast

YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR GETTING 140X2= 280G OF PROTEIN A DAY WITH AROUND 200-250 CARBS AND 120-135 FAT (FOR THOSE WONDERING THESE CARB FAT NUMBERS AREN'T SOME FORMULA THERE JUST A STARTING POINT BASED ON THE LITTLE INFO I HAVE)

I'm looking for results, while not looking to sacrifice my health. I've read that a no carb high protein diet is bad for the health so i figure I would have carbs once a day for dinner. I'm really not sure if this is the correct routine to reach my goals. Please critique =)

SEE CAPS

Also take all of blinkwatt's advice with a grain a salt (maybe actually a handful). Not trying to diss him, he means very well. He's just found something that works for him and his 2 training buddies,so he generally posts information drawn from that context, when in reality his general theory (lift 6 days a week hard, don't worry about how much your eating just eat very clean, don't do any cardio, don't worry much about getting a lot of sleep) won't work for the majority of the weightlifting community.

This is nothing against you personally blink. Just the advice you give the majority of the time is just flat out terrible for the majority of the lifting community.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
This is nothing against you personally blink. Just the advice you give the majority of the time is just flat out terrible for the majority of the lifting community.
Thanks for looking at it that way,rather then just bashing it. I'd rather post off of what I know has worked for myself,rather then just posting off what I've heard that I have no clue whether or not it works.

jayhu12

Don Juan
Reaction score
thx for the help guys, i'll stop with the rice. Just gonna do what blink says and go with veg and fruits even though i hate that **** haha.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jayhu12 said:
thx for the help guys, i'll stop with the rice. Just gonna do what blink says and go with veg and fruits even though i hate that **** haha.
I hear ya. I didn't and still don't like too many veggies but I eat from the ones I do like, peas,carrots,green beans & corn(in the AM time only). If your going to buy them in the can try to make sure that they don't have any salt or sugar included. As for fruits,I have my parents grab me at least 6 lbs. of strawberries every other week from Sam's Club.:) Just remember to watch how much you eat at once,otherwise your stomach could bloat up. Don't forget your meats,ground beef,ground turkey,tuna and become friends with egg whites.

Stick to it and I bet in 2-3 months you will never go back to your old eating ways.:rockon:

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
I'd rather post off of what I know has worked for myself,rather then just posting off what I've heard that I have no clue whether or not it works.
I give you a lot of credit for that and I've seen you back it up with some impressive pics!

I found that a lot of my progress was in spite of some of the textbook advice too. You just have to pay attention to your own body and adjust your diet and workouts to fit your goals.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
I found that a lot of my progress was in spite of some of the textbook advice too. .
That's where the logical fallacy lies. You can't go around telling people "cardio doesn't matter that much" and whatever else just because it doesn't for you. This stuff is rarely prefaced with "despite the norms, i personally don't need it, but you might require it." It's being posted as gospel rather than what works best for nearly everyone as the average people they are. And that is irritating, counterproductive to others, and is insulting to be lied to.

Though as far as cardio, i still contend that it would take one from a good level to a great level.. same with "100g of protein works for me!" Yeah well, 200 would probably make it work better. I'm not after just gains. I'm after gains in the shortest period possible.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's where the logical fallacy lies. You can't go around telling people "cardio doesn't matter that much" and whatever else just because it doesn't for you.

Did I say it didn't matter for me? No. I just state that I personally don't need it as I'm heading on the right path sans cardio.

This stuff is rarely prefaced with "despite the norms, i personally don't need it, but you might require it." It's being posted as gospel rather than what works best for nearly everyone as the average people they are.

Bull, when you stay consistent 24/7,no slack and you pour your heart out I have yet to see anyone not get positive results from what they have learned from me.

And that is irritating, counterproductive to others, and is insulting to be lied to.

How's it a lie? I have proved that it works,you can't argue with evidence. So what,it may not work for someone,but you never know unless you try. I will even admit that I was very skeptical of my way of working out at first until my body started changing(which didn't take very long).

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
Did I say it didn't matter for me? No. I just state that I personally don't need it as I'm heading on the right path sans cardio.
Everyone needs some form of cardio for optimal health.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What you're eating is fu<k all, so you can't consider yourself a hardgainer. Give it another year, except eat around 4000 cals and 300g of protein a day. Then if you don't put on any size, we can begin to talk about being a hardgainer and such.

jayhu12

Don Juan
Reaction score
i actually consider myself a hard gainer cause i once tried to get big and just plateau'd like crazy. I was drinking 3 4 scoup weight gainer milk shakes a day + 3 big normal meals. Couldnt gain more than 10lbs. My original weight was 130 worked it up to 140 in 2 months, next 3 months no gains. After 5 months of stuffing my face i just decided to lean up cause i wasnt going anywhere. figure its cause I'm asian, and im cursed with the dreaded asian metabolism. Only way i'm getting bigger is with roids lol.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You weren't eating enough and squatting and deadlifting heavy. Don't use that asian thing as an excuse. I don't care how bad anyones genetics are. Some people have it bad, some have it easy and everything inbetween. Majority of us aren't going to be bodybuilders, but i believe everyone here is capable of building a nice physique that'll turn heads (something like 210-220ish at 10%bf)

So let me ask you Jay, have u built yourself up to at least a 300lb squat, deadlift and bench press? Have u eaten over 4000cals everyday for at least a year?

jayhu12

Don Juan
Reaction score
well the shakes alone were 1000cal per shake, and I was taking them for 5 months. I never did dead lifts, but I did lift heavy free weights and non-machine excercises with a triangle scheme of 10/8/6. Went to the gym every other day, no cardio. One thing i will ciritique though I prolly didnt drink enough water a day (6-8 glasses), I didnt always get 8hrs of sleep, and pretty much ate whatever I wanted.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You didn't really answer my questions but the answer is obviously no to all of them.

Your solution. Read the idiots guide to growth. Use the routine in there. Eat
2g of protein per lb. And eat up on carbs and fats i think i might of gave u some basic numbers to start with in this thread already.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jayhu12 said:
well the shakes alone were 1000cal per shake, and I was taking them for 5 months. I never did dead lifts, but I did lift heavy free weights and non-machine excercises with a triangle scheme of 10/8/6. Went to the gym every other day, no cardio. One thing i will ciritique though I prolly didnt drink enough water a day (6-8 glasses), I didnt always get 8hrs of sleep, and pretty much ate whatever I wanted.

lol how can anyone ever get big without deads?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
lol how can anyone ever get big without deads?
it's a better mass builder than the squat. not by a whole lot and both should be used but the deadlift does edge in it terms of size gaining.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brad Pitt's workout

This was pretty interesting. What do you guys think of his workout?

http://www.sixpacknow.com/brad_pitt_abs_workout.html

According to the article his BF was around 6%. I wish it went into detail about his diet. I want to get a "fight club" physique like he had, not necessarily be big and bulky.

I've never had my body fat measured, but I'm guessing mine to be in the mid teens. It's not evenly distributed however. I have almost no body fat on my legs, but I do carry a roll of baby fat around my waste that bunches up when I sit, but when standing my stomach looks mostly flat, sometimes even seeing the slight outline of where my six pack would be. It's stubborn as hell to get off. I do lots of cardio in martial arts class, but that remains no matter what. I don't hardly ever drink beer. I admit I have kind of a fatty breakfast which usually consists of 3 whole eggs, sometimes made omelette style, 4 strips of bacon, 2 waffles and usually a banana, juice and cup of yogurt. Sometimes when I'm sick of that, I just have regular cereal or oatmeal with a banana. Dinner, I'm all over the place, can sometimes be healthy like vegetable beef soup, or sometimes pizza. I rarely drink any alcohol or sodas, I try to watch HFCS ladden drinks. Maybe my problem is that I tend to eat later than most people, after 9pm.