Bootcamp Week#1: Start Your Engines...

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yet some more eye contact

Okay, I went down to a little store close to where I live, to meet up with a friend. No one was out on my way there, but on my way back, here's what happened:

I crossed the street and still needed to cross the other one. A girl was coming up the sidewalk to cross the street I still needed to cross. We barely made eye contact, and I said, "How's it goin' tonight?" She replies, "Good." and that was the end of that.

As I was walking home, I passed a couple, yes guy and girl. I made eye contact, but with the guy and I say, "Hello." He replies, "What's up?" Or something along those lines and maintaines eye contact. He broke the eye contact right before we were next to each other, so I figure he was more intimidated than I was, well, because I wasn't intimidated at all.

The third was a set of 3 girls, only one of which actually even looked okay, but I decided to make eye contact, and say, "How are y'all doin' tonight?" The first one makes eye contact but no smile. The second girl give a smile but was trying not to show it, and made minimal eye contact, and the last one just had an absurd look on her face lilke "Are you talking to us?" Oh well, I guess this thing can happen anywhere, anytime; I just never actually realized it until today. I'll be going to the bar to watch the game tonight--Not real sure how that's going to go because I will be focused on the game, but the last couple of times I've been in there watching the playoffs, I've come up with unexpected approaches. I'll let y'all know either tonght or tomorrow how it goes, if anything goes.

avrilishot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well monday I went to go pick up my brother at his school. and there was this HB8 so I made eye contact with her and she smiled back. then her husband does the same also. Then later that night I went to a concert(simple plan) so I figured I would see some hotties. so there was this HB9 in the back of me with her mom and her friend. my little brother keeped telling me she keeped staring at my ass. so that was cool.

so then I would smile and look at her and she would look away. later she would look into my eyes again. but I won that battle. when the line started to move her mom was telling me how damn
long it was and so I talked to her and made direct eye contact and won that war too.:)

when the show started there was this HB8 playing on stage the guitar/singing/playing piano and anyways I looked at her and smiled she smiled back and looked away. later when the show was over I had to pee so I went to the gas station then I bought a drink and the dude at the counter was talking to me( I know it sounds gay)

well that was day one. so I smiled at 6 people and told one person hi. damn.

Tuesday

well I didnt get the chance to really get out of the house but I only smiled at one hb2 thats all. so that was a crappy day. I will try harder tommorow.

:)

yrock181

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RBB
Oh yrock181 it could be for many reasons. Let me toss a couple up in the air.

Let's see.. if I said hello to a HB and chose to approach her, but then she whipped out her mobile for a defence; I would of
a) approached anyways - confident level permitting, or
b) would of walked right passed her and thought to myself "b*tch".

Either way, I would of came away with a positive mindset. This is because if b) were to happen or if I came away with a rejection, I would put the blame soley on her. You see it couldn't of been you, you came prepared. All DJs are always ready. I feel that HBs have the disadvantage, we DJs catch em off guard sometimes!

It could of been a bad hair day for her.
She could of felt a deep red boil surfacing on her nose.
She just farted.
She is really shy and never thought a guy would approach her on the train.
Her breath is rank.
She just farted.

All in all, yrock181, you can't lose any pride if she just farted.

I'm tired..
i see what you are saying, and actually the same thing happened to me again today. i was on the train and with the bootcamp in mine i gave a girl some ec and smiled at her and she smiled back. took me a while to build up the balls to go up to her so i went.
me:hey what's so interesting about the floor. (since she was always looking down)

she:(shrugs)
me: damn it look like you have fallen in love with it
she: (shrugs) again
me: right these people on the train are so quiet?
she: again (shrugs)

so guess what i did? i just stopped talking to her because i thought she was cold. but i was wrong because if i wouldn't have given up too easily she would have kept talking to me. she got off the train before and turned around and said bye and i said see you around.

poppinwave

Don Juan
Reaction score
FR - Eye Contacts and saying hi

So, today at school, I kept goin with the eye ontact..........Me and this one girl locked eyes like 8 times through the whole day, and i dono i did have a crush on her b4....hb7 or so.........started convo, and just offered help with this or that..........il try to make my move tomorow.......other than that, some people are just mean and dont like saying hi back, which irritates me, however, im having fun, this is fun, il proly try to start furthering my relationships with some ppl 2morow....but i can't drive yet :(, and my parents are always busy, so i dono how il pull somethin like that off.....

Swoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FR: Week 1 , Day 2.

Today wasn't as productive as yesterday. I made a total 10 EC. I find now making EC isn't a hard thing to do, but getting people to look back is hard. So many people keep their heads down or just keep looking forward.

The only interesting thing that happen is I now have a target to try an approach with. There is this HB that lives in my apartment complex. She always hang outside on her balcony. I saw her outside and I wanted to approach but I was wearing crappy clothes at the time cuz I was doing laundry and that's what I have left to wear. So I decided against approaching her. I better come up with some good material when i do approach, I dont want to screw this up.

Oh well, 28 EC down, 22 more to go. Tomorrow I go back to work, there will be plenty of people to practice EC with.

micko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Went out into the city today to check out some of the gyms there and hand in a few resumes. Walked around a bit and noticed that in the city, most people are to absorbed in whats in the shop windows than whos walking past. Still all in all I managed to make about 20 EC and 6 hi's (not including the hi's from conversations).
Its alot harder than i thought to actually get people to reply to a hello, but maybe thats just in the city. Everyone is running around in the hustle and bussle in their own little world.
Got about 5 conversations goin too. One with the reception chick (HB7.5) and one of the PT's at one gym, just askin about jobs and or work experience there.
Another with a girl i hadent seen in ages n we just talked about crap.
One with another reception guy who was gay and a rude prick... maybe coz i asked him were the other good gyms were besides this one ;p.
ANOTHER reception chick (HB6.5) at another gym, talkin bout jobs resumes etc. Also talked to two old guys who were information guides.
And the best one was when i went into a surf shop lookin for a necklace and this HB8 said hello and I immediately told her to follow me and help me pick out a sexy necklace. I was gettin her to hold stuff for me and walking away to check the other racks. She offered to put the necklace on me and was takin forever so i busted her by sayin "wow i can see you've done this before". Not the best but meh. Bought one and walked out.

All in all not bad. EC is easy for me, but its hard gettin reactions from people who are preoccupied with shopping. I believe shop assistants are great coz they have to talk to you ;p. Laterz!

P.S. i reccommend you guys sign up *HERE* too.. all the DJ weeks in one conveinient spot! Plus it looks really cool...

RBB

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No work today, just sleep. After all ths hibernation I'm gonna bust out on a 'EC, smile, Hi' frenzy tomorrow. Maybe a few converstions and number closes. Can't wait to lighten up someone's day..

No, actually, I can't wait for the weekend to come.

The Nice Guy is Gone: Excellent work bro. You are reaping the rewards of week one so early. I like your 'don't give a fvck' mentality.

johnm420: You go! You crazy fearless tiger you! Good luck tomorrow! :up:

avrilishot: Hey yeah! Rock on! You keep workin' on that mother/daughter combo. I envy you.. lol. I did always have a soft spot for rock chicks.

yrock181: I wonder if HB train would shrug if you asked for her name..? If she did, that would be the point where I stopped wasting my time. Arh well.. atleast if you see her next time you could say hello to her and join her in her floor gazing relaxation techniques.

Swoop: Goodluck with apartment complex HB. Keep us updated! I too have an apartment complex HB too, we're always taking midnight smokes in our pyjamas. But that's in the US and she's a fat UG2.

ItalianoPuro

Don Juan
Reaction score
Got up early this morning... to complete what I prefixed as my objectives: at least 5 HIs and pleanty of EC Razz

Got down to the center of my little town... and tried my best to get the good mental shape I needed to jump into action. EC and HI seams such an easy thing... but messes up a lot of stuff in ur brain! LOL!

In the late morning... I decided my self... and as I tagetted a group of HBs(7, 8 7.5) got some short EC and banged down some HIs! Dam... I felt so ackward! Oh and I'm not saying hello to any guys!! Once I looked at one, HIed and he... just smiled and sent me a kiss! Got so freaked out! Never gonna Hi a guy again like that! :D give my word :D

Got other His later on (other 7)... and some EC...

hope it will go even better tomoz Razz

towns suck... got to go :p

ps: lol try this LINK

redline

Don Juan
Reaction score
nothing much to report back today - deadlines looming, worked late, work function after (all guys) - lame. making eye contact and even saying hello is starting to feel normal, even comfortable? Its really mood dependent.

some tracks.. it seems theres some PUA's making house music these days

Make Em Shake It - Wahoo
Ladies Want It - Jan Driver

a rock and roll classic

Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls :crackup:

im pissed as a newt right now, see yas tommorow.

scorpio king

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey guys I know its kinda late but here goes my field report:

I went to my university to fix my schedules for the next semester. After finishing my tasks I did the bootcamp with a trusworthy friend. I did the first hello. No hesitation. I smiled, nod and said hello even if there's no EC. My friend then said hello. We walked around the university passing in areas where most people walk by. I find it hard to greet girls in groups.(We agreed to greet HB's only)

We then went to the mall, but sadly there was not enough people maybe because its a semestral break. Overall we are tied at 5-5 in saying hellos to strangers.

Also I got to work on my Hellos because my fifth attempt looked liked she was greeted by a ****in stalker!:crackup: I guess the greeting should be so genuine that you greet like you really know the stranger.

For the guys who complains that its hard to say hello because people wont make eye contact, my advise for you is just say it. Because after you have greeted, the person will be surprised that someone greeted her and she will then look at you (thus EC ) to know if your someone she knows. This will be a surprised look in which we should retaliate by a ****y smile.

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Last night

Well, I went to the bar to watch the game last night, and it was okay, except I wasn't in that great of moods. Well, then there were a few people at the end of the bar also watching the game, and this hb did something that made me laugh, and so all of us (probably a group of about 4) had conversation throughout the game. There were three guys inluding me, and one chic. I didn't close, but that was because I didn't want to. When I laughed at her and she knew it, she started qualifying herself right off the bat.

Second situation: The girl I met at this same bar about a week ago while watching the game, came down to get something from the bartender, so I just make small talk. She had her hair in some kind of weird looking pigtails. I overheard a guy friend of hers say, "They are weapons, seriously." Well, he was talking about himself, but I didn't know it, so I say, "He's right y'know, these could be weapons, and I give her a light slap on the face with one of her pigtails." And the convo kind of went on from there, and she went back upstairs and I went back to the game.

2 convo's yesterday with strangers, and one acquaintence convo. This girl that I made fun of her pigtails saw me in the store yesterday, and greeted me first. I said, hey how's it goin' that time, but I had to get back to work, so I left the store.

Is she testing me, or does she really have a bf? The fact that I attempted to close her the first night I met her and she replied that she has a bf is now a bit confusing. Well, I'm not going to waste my time on it. If she is interested, we will meet again, SHE will see to that.

Forward to today: I'm not in a good mood at all, I don't want to be at work and I don't want to be bothered. Hopefully at lunch, I will get better and be able to have some more conversations with strangers. We'll see if I'm in a better mood.

Thanks guys for the feedback and the motivation.

Everyone is doing great: Shezz, you, of all people, freezing up. I would've never thought that. Good luck man, and here's the cliche: Never give up!!

Sarging is a must.

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You sure love that bar dont ya lol
Well, it's the only one in town where I can sit, watch the game, and drink water, instead of spending money on something, and still have a good time, simply because I had already established rapport with the bartender. After I get paid, I intend to spread around a little bit. As far as my club plan this Friday goes, my neighbors are busy with school (it's true, theatre majors), so I'm going to go out and shoot pool by myself to start out. I should end up playing pool with some people that I will meet there.

amethyst

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey there guys... I am back :p I went off to Dubai for a week and I didn't realize boot camp started Xp but I did get a couple of EC and Convos in Dubai, though I spent most of the time Para-sailing, quad-biking ( I had a crazy accident with a dune in those crazy machines) and I got a bit of fishing done too. Man it was so much fun and now I guess ill have to catch up to all of ya... I think I might hit the town tomorrow to get my fifty EC with "hi"s. I feel a bit weird about doing this cause I did the most AFC thing with a chick in the plane coming back... This chick was a 9.5 and she was checking me out so I held EC with her but then screwed up because she was sooo stunning (at least I got to see a bit of cleavage :p) anyway ill send ya my field report by the end of the week guys...

Happy hunting

Amethyst

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Same scenario as the last two days:

I didn't eat lunch today because I wasn't hungry, and I went to Wal-Mart again. I made eye contact with everyone I saw, that would make eye contact back. I said hi to almost everyone to begin with, and then I decided to just say hi the the girls that I thought were attractive.

I was still in Wal-Mart, and I walked near this girl, gave her a smile and said, "Hi." She returned the smile and said, "Hello," back to me. If I hadn't noticed a ring on her left hand ring finger, I may have carried on a conversation. The thing is, I'm not sure if it was a wedding ring or not, because around here, and even in the States, girls just wear rings that they want to where they want to because it is more comfortable to them.

I'm almost kicking myself in the butt because I didn't at least attempt a conversation with her.

Remember that hb I met in the bar that I saw last night and in the grocery store yesterday. Guess what; I saw her in Wal-Mart today. She had a guy with her, so I have to assume her bf excuse is true, but she said to me as we were passing, "How's it goin'?" That tells me that I did make at least some kind of good impression on her, which means I can do the same thing to anyone I want to.

I didn't walk to the other little shopping center because I wanted to talk to a girl I work with. Me and this girl had a little office romance type thing for about a week. We are still friends, and I decided it was time to catch up a bit. Here's the kicker, I don't really care if we end up back together or not, and I assume we will just remain friends, which is good for me.

I did ask her if she wanted to go with me to shoot pool Friday night, so that I won't be alone at first, but who knows.

Besides that, I don't need to be with anyone to have fun; that part's up to me.

Good luck guys.

Hunchback

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dudes, I've got too much **** on my mind to post a FR, but I'm still doing it, and still very committed. 16 Hi's and counting.

hatcha

Reaction score
FR Week 1 - Day 1 to 3

hi All,

In these 3 days i managed 20 EC/Hi's. Some of them at work, by greeting people I don't know or don't usually greet, (there's around 400 people in there), and lot's by the streets. I found this EC stuff pretty hard, it seems if I don't pay attention all the time I return to AFC state, walking looking the pavement and avoiding EC. Next days I'll try harder on this, try to keep all of my attention and EC everybody I meet. I think in the near future it will became part of myself.

Thanks all of you for your help,

bye

johnmich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was walking thru a small car park in front of a shop.

I was staring in space and noticed a chick looking back at me.

I tried to maintain EC but I walked into a car, quite hard with my hip.

After that, I felt a bit stupid so just carried on to the shop.

TODAYS LESSON - Although EC is important, i have also found watching where you are going to be useful.
:crackup:

scorpio king

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Shezz thanks for the acknowledgement. This bootcamp is like the original bootcamp by Nicolas Hill thanks to THe SHEZZLER!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

johnm420

Don Juan
Reaction score
well today was alright

i got in like 2 heys to some girls i didnt know while walking back from school. Made eye contact in school again its easy. a lot of the girls i find are looking at me first. Its great to be more observent and start to relize these things. Theres just one thing holden me back. Im not afraid to talk to people outside of my school because its like hell if they think im weird or dont like me well i wont see them again and ill walk away and try with the next girl but when im in school i have trouble just going up to a random girl like a sophmore who is eyen me or even a junior. because im afraid like if i come of funny or somethen it might stick around. and my schools pretty small only like 850 kids total. When im outside of school i have no problem going up to a random girl and saying hi. Any ideas how to get over this little scare of myn because

i know all mental and i wana get over IT i need to get sycked out of it

i have no problem making some convorsations with some girls outside of school just that inside i dunno! :confused:

i think cuz im afraid of being judged or think i already have been judge and people will think differently of me

but on saturday im goign to the mall so im gonna test what i learned this week there. Kinda like a final exam for this week