"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Bootcamp started on June 10

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
Week 1, Day 1

Went out to BestBuy and got 6 hi's. It was not as progressive as I liked.:mad:

Oh well, It is really tough when it rains and people are soaked and it is night. Tomorrow will be better
 

DoubleD

Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2004
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Awesome! Looking forward to getting started!

One little prob.. I'm moving country in two weeks.. but hell I'm sure I can pick back up there once I settle there!
 

Tooms

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Location
slc
aim? c'mon man, if u woulda said msn i woulda been at least inclined to join u lunatics-(i love this word), but aim? i dont have that, and i dont want it
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
Week 1, Day 2

I only got 2 hi's.:mad:

Oh well tomorrow is a party.

this is going to be pretty darn tough without a car.
 

DoubleD

Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2004
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Well.. started the actual tasks today.. after reading the article about being lazy! It got me off my ass and made me just go and do it. I've completed 1hr of exercise 1 and got 3 hi's out.

For exercise 1 i decided to split up the hour into two seperate malls. Cause 1) malls here are small and 2) different socio-economics at each location.

It was actually quite fun to walk around and look people straight in the eye.. I swear that NOT ONE person could look me in the eye. From your HBs to your tough guys when you actually noice its almost a crack up. Anyway it went well and it did give me the idea of the power in holding a gaze. Hell it even just felt good.

I think the main reason I only got 3 HI's from exercise 2 out is because i was so focused on the eye contact that I only got the three hi's out to the only three people that broke eye contact but looked back. (All three guys :( but thats expected cause the women seemed a little more intimidated) Any advice on the whole hi thing would be appreciate.. just say hi even if they don't look?? One easy way out is to go along a jogging path and do it there... but I ultimatly want to be confortable hitting anywhere so need to get it down packed.

I do have one question.. I am a tall dude.. like taller than 6 foot and with a strong build. I also think that I tend to walk around with a lack of face luminance and smile.. and I think that it may be too late to smile once you make the eye contact because by then they are already intimidated. Has anyone got links to images or something that can help me out with a smile that you can walk ariound with without looking cheesy... seems stupid but its a valid point. Also other posts that I have read say don't smile etc.. cause it breaks tension. What are your thoughts? Is it better to have the james Bond style poker face that only grins very selectivly or is it better to just walk around with a smile all the time?

Oh as for the socio economic thing I didn't notice much differnce but the richer ppls seemed to hold the gaze just for a fraction longer. Interesting. 3 down.. 47 to go LOL ..
 

isotope

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2003
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
Location
Gville, Florida
RE: smiling

dont smile constattly, but put on a big smile when you first say hi or go talk to a girl. just be proud and confident. after all, youre getting the balls to talk to this girl, and you dont care if she blows you off. that alone should put a smile on your face thinking of it.

also, when you do smile, show teeth. a full on smil.e

i used to smile with my mouth closed, and although it was a genuine smile, people thought it looked fake cause i never showed teeth.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
Week 1, Day 3

today was a success:)

out for more than an hour and made eye contact with people and found out not many people give it and the one person who stared me down was an old guy about 60. No one else managed to do that.

got 22 hi's out of mainly females.

started convo's with this one chick and all she did was complain and I just threw in some neg-hits her about how she was cold. I did not number close because my one friend who is a total AFC wants to go out with her. And he told me to not bother with her because of his oneitis and I have respect for this kid and he plays on my baseball team. And as we all know "bro's before hoes"

30 hi's
1 eye contact day
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
Week 1, Day 4

Went out for 30 minutes and got 11 hi's.

Started conversations with some of the people. It was good.

41 hi's
1 more hour to get the eye contact thing done.

good luck to all the DJ's that are in this
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
Week 1, Day 5

The party that I went to did not have anybody I did not already know so nothing happened. But I met a person in the store and said "hi" to him but other than that nothing.

42 hi's
need one more EC day
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
Week 1, Day 6

went up to Best Buy, The Mall, and Chinese Food.

Made 7 hi's and it has been a good day

People do not make eye contact that well either most just look away.

49 hi's
EC is done.

Tomorrow is to finish off week 1 and go to week two
 

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA
Jesus Christ, go to a fycking bar/club and do that. You can hit up at LEAST 12 sets a night. AND the girls are more open because it's a specifically designed social scene AND the girls are hotter. Boot camp? This is more like training wheels school.

Trust me, after two weeks, your game will have improved DRAMATICALLY compared to this "boot camp."
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
yeah are 17 year olds aloud in bars and clubs. I don't live anywhere near a mall nearest mall 45 minutes away. Nearest bar that you guys speak of is about 45 minutes away. Nearest club is I have no fvcken clue. Plus I have no fvcken drivers license otherwise I would be in a club or bar. I live in the middle of fvcken nowhere. My school district only has 1500-1600 kids in it that is K-12. I make the best with what I have.
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
Week 2, Day 1

Finished week 1 today and started week 2 today.

Got my final hi.

Now to begin week 2.

I went to church and got through that. I managed to go to a diner to get some food in me. The place was pretty crowded. I see this woman sitting at her table with about 10-15 people. I go and I sit down some of the people go over to the juke box and start putting on some Johnny Cash songs. I start singing along true to my country roots. I then start hearing some of the people start singing happy birthday. I just join right on in. Soon as it is over I start talking to the 39 year old woman. We talked about the music and how much fun she was having. I then started talking about the old show "Ma And Pa Kettle". She told me how much she loved that show. After about 5 minutes of talking to these people. My mom tells me to get over here and says "Don't talk to strangers. They will think your weird. Ya Idiot." I just ignored the rest of the conversation with her and went back to talking to the birthday girl. got my food and went home and am now posting this to you guys. It was very fun. I talked with the rest of the people too.
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
Week 2, Day 2

Went to a baseball game but it was cancelled on account of rain. Started a conversation about the two teams with the other coach and his players. Not very interesting though but made the most of it. Went out to eat and that was pretty much it. About 3 minute convo because it started raining pretty hard and the guy did not want to get soaked. I just moved on and talked to my coach about the team.

8 conversations to go
 
Last edited:

DoubleD

Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2004
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Bootcamp has been awesome.. Although i'm technically only up to 25 or so Hi's i'm feeling more and more confortable with starting conversations or saying hi to any HB in any situation. Eg. Had to catch a train and there was a HB7 sitting by herself, so I went up to her, made some random comments about the book she was reading and started a conversation. Normally would have never done this and just talked myself out of it. But by having gone through this its become second nature to just go for it and have a chat. I've started random convo's with ppl off the streets and just strangers in shops, elevators etc... so I think I'm starting to get through task two as well.. but I really should get those 50 out of the way 1st. My goal is to really develop skills so that i can pickup anywhere I see HBs. Bars are ok, but frankly 9/10 the types of girls that I rank HB9's are always in the streets, at coffee shops in gyms etc. NOT at the bars. :(

For those of you who really fear the idea of this, in the people that I have said Hi to or started a convo with, the WORST response I had was from a HB7 who got all shy. Hey, in my opinion thats not a bad response anyway.. but aside from that everyone responds well to it.

Anyway.. I'm losing my net connection for a while.. so won't be able to keep posting.. but its about getting out there and doing! So I can do that w/o the net connection anyway!

I think I get most of it in terms of what I need to do so I'm off to actually do and then will report back once I have a connection and/ or if I run into problems and need some master DJ advice. :confused:

Good luck to all the other DJs.. seriously get out there and do it. The stuff you find here is useful.. but if you don't grow the balls and just try some stuff, you'll never move ahead.
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
Week 2, Day 3

Today was a good day, I went to the batting cages and started a conversation with this one guy who started telling me about how he is an author, likes golf, and how he wasted his life away which was a real downer but had an upbeat ending which was nice. He was telling me about his ex-job and how it was so horrible. I had fun none the less.

Graduation party tomorrow. :)

Conversations 7
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top