Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Boot Camp for The Mature Man

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: BOOTCAMP SUMMARY

Originally posted by allan976

By the time I started my new full time job this summer however, my momentum came to a screeching halt.

I need some advice on how to reserve my energy now that I work full time and wake at 5:30 AM every morning.

What do you all think?
Should I go through DJ boot camp all over again? Must I go to bed by 9 PM every evening to save my energy? How do I get my energy reserves back (I teach every day and the students sap, in a good way, my daily energy reserves)?
How have others coped with time/energy issues.

Low energy thing could have happened due... strees: new job, new environment, pressure to succeed plus some "pressure" to succeed in BC. After a while it will be back to more normal level.

Here are some more practical advice:
1. Maintain regular, healthy meals.
Cut on sugar and coffee. Have at least 3 meals a day.
When I got lazy I tend to forget about meals... and tend then to have 1-2 meals and this schedule drains my energy.
3 small meals much more beneficial to your energy level than 2 big ones. More fruits instead of sugar\hamburgers\coffee: simply buy several kind you like and eat it through the day at work.
It does magick!

2. Sleep: 7.5 hours of sleep is a decent amount. But the problem is some days you may feel really sleepy and then you must go to bed early. If you dont, you will "owe" some sleep.. usually this debt "rollovers" from day to day and you may feel sleepy\low energy all the time.
Therefore: just pay attention to how you feel: if you want to go to bed at 8pm, just do it. Dont get into sleep debt.

3. Students. I used to teach myself and I figured out that students can drain your energy and can supply your with some.
They tend to drain it when the material I was presenting was not interesting to me: ie. I was just simply following the book cuz I was lazy to think about some good examples. But if I could come up with something that I found interesting and was presenting it to students, my fascination was contagious: student got interested and they gave me their energy...

4. If you have a full schedule, try to clear it up. Dont take up new activities\things\travels for a week or two. Let you body get get used to a steady shcedule of your new job.
There is no magick pill about the energy but this is what works for me is a) fruits\vegetables, especially fresh juice. Do not drink "from concentrate" juice at all. Go only for fresh kinds. Unfortunately I found only two kinds that meet this requirement: carrot juice (relatively expensive) and orange juce (relatively cheap).
b) when you find something interesting and develop it, reserach it, talk about it...you will have lot sof energy "for free". Seems like you already gained some confidence from work - this might be it.
Try to change what you teach in the way you like, they way you are interested in. And when you explain teh material be genuinely interested in it (even if nobody gives a damn in the classroom). One way to do so is to come up with your own examples while teaching.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: BOOTCAMP SUMMARY

allan,

Since you wanted to give a summary of your BC, do you mind if I ask you something that you may want to elaborate on that would help you see what you achieved?

1. Could you post the statistics of your BC?

2. Have you read other prominent BC journals and how would you compare them, their achievements with what you experienced and learnt? (I remember Walden, Pugsley, h2o posted some decent and long reports from their BC.)

3. What did you learn while doing BC? (fear of approaching...dealing with rejection...openers... convo topics that works.. anything else)

4. What was the hardest part and why?

5. What do you think you want to learn now after you are done with BC?

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
al,

There is one other bootcamp journal I strongly recommend checking out. It's by a poster named "seraph" he had a great journal last fall and it really inspired me to join bootcamp back then.

Also you could check out "Bootcamp started 9-12" at least I believe it was the 12th. Anyways it was started by a poster called frivolous and it contains my original bootcamp journey if you are curious.

brat-buster

Don Juan
Reaction score
1st day of boot camp

I've decided to go thru boot camp to elevate my already good game to deluxe/supreme status. Nobody perfect so i figure what the hell....If nothing else it will force me out of my comfort zone. I sometimes get complacent and end up shagging with say 6 or 7's or even an occasional 5 (if I'm really drunk).

Need to stay sharp and on top of those HB9's. Also looking to snare a few mid 20 year olds instead of the 37-42's Ive hooked with.

Going to have lunch at the mall and I'm gunna get crackin

allan976

Don Juan
Reaction score
"I've decided to go thru boot camp..."

---Excellent idea. We forgive you for occasionally indulging in the beer goggle 5 or 6; sometimes they make it so damn easy. Then again, so do 7's and 8's sometimes lol. As long as you give these HB's the opportunity by approaching, that is.

brat-buster

Don Juan
Reaction score
BOOT CAMP week one summary

Started week one exercises and it came very natural for me as i already do the excersises anyways. So the hellos were easy. I had about half done by tuesday, then went to Put-in-Bay Thurs-Sat.

Finished up the hellos by thurs night (all women BTW). Chilled out since I had to work Friday. Go back to Put-in-Bay Friday nite and get started on this weeks assignment by striking up convos with about 4 girls.

One was a friend (HB8) of my buddy's daughter (who he thought he was going to fukk). I just kicked back for a while and observed him striking out as he proceeded to get anebrieated on beer. She kept making ec with me and about midnight I go in for the kill (after about 3 guys buy her drinks all night and strike out hehehehe). so I spend nothing and get thihs girl in bed with me on the boat. (this is friday night and we are both staying until Sunday morning)

We make out heavily (*on friday) and as i'm stroking her pvssy she breaks out with:

"I have to get to know a guy first before i have sex with him......."

To which I respond....."who said anything about sex and why are you bringin up sex so soon, do I look that easy??" " what are you frustratrated??.

She laughs then starts kissing me.

Then I say........."well I guess you had better start getting to know me soon cuz I'm leaving Sunday and plan on getting laid while i'm here. Needless to say we spent Sat afternoon hanging out getting to know each other and Sat night i banged hewr good.

Then I come home Sunday and tagg Fvkk buddy number 1.

hope DJ boot camp week #2 is as fun as week one :D :cool: :) :cheer:

allan976

Don Juan
Reaction score
ANOTHER WING FROM HELL, PART.....

I am just a glutton for punishment. I've started a thread on the main page. Here's a 'lowlight' inspired by another wing from (newbie) hell:

Week 4, Day 2 (Tuesday):

Just a horrible day/night out. I'm still tired from Fri/Sat in the field. I'm also feeling pressure from the number close assignment. Time to 'man' up. Not quite.

First convo, 1 PM, grocery store: I see a short blonde in a t shirt and bike shorts funneling through a bunch of drinks in hyper fashion in the juice section. Her head's stuck all the way into the cooler so I can't make out her face just yet. I want to wait to at least glimpse her face to see if the approach is worth it. I wait a minute or so then turn back. She's gone. I look up a couple of aisles. No dice. I check the checkout aisle. There she is. I get in line behind her. I start the convo:

me: "excuse me."
her: looks back, no major response.
me" Hey, get outta my way!" I laugh a bit to let her know I'm joking.
her: she laughs back. She's cute: freckles, sun kissed blonde hair, and a tan. She's got a nose piercing and a bit too much black eye makeup. Kind of a goofy college girl demeanor. HB7.
I notice her hair is wet.
me: "did you just get out of the gym?"
her: "No, I teach swim lessons..."
Big smile, good eye contact, body still 'neutral.' She looks very young.
me: "so are you going to school?"
her: "yeah, I'm in my third year at X university."
me: "you look younger than that."
her: "yeah, people tell me that."

It's her turn to check out.
her: "well it was very nice talking to you."

I don't attempt the number close. This is the second checkout aisle convo. I've number closed before in under two minutes, but it leaves a lot of work to be done on the phone, plus I've got nerves. I just don't. I should've asked for it.

---

Weekday night out: 9 PM:

I'm usually not big for 'going out' on the weekdays. This will be my third night out in five days and so I'm especially cautious since my sets tend to blow up when my fuel tank reads 'empty' or near empty. I've made a commitment to going out however, and I want to stick to my word.

'Round 8:20, I pick up my wing. He's a new guy. I talked with him for an hour on the phone the day prior, trying to give him pointers and he is receptive, unlike my kamikaze wing from Friday night, who still insists on wearing hawaiian shirts, not doing anything about his bald spot, wears tennis shoes to trendy clubs, and insists on memorizing cheesy openers. My new wing is actually dressed up for a night out which is a big relief. These are good signs as he has some minimal understanding of how to game and is open to input. He insists right away we should stick around the westside, another intelligent practical tip. However, I insist we meet up with our wing, to fulfill our commitment, which turns out to be a big mistake.

We get out to LA's main entertainment strip. There are a large number of hot bodies at the karaoke spot we go to. The new wing is not really insistent on talking to girls but wants to talk about 'game'. I'm ok with that, as we wait for our wing. I think he'll be late 15, 20 minutes max. Turns out he never shows up at all, and we're there over an hour. I'm pissed. I felt like I could have done some work, gone to the gym or gotten some much needed rest that night. We blow the venue, check out another place on the main strip then head back to the westside.

---

11 PM: we're at a billiards club. Lots of pretty girls. My wing grabs a drink and sees two Asian HB's at the bar. He wants to approach them. Nerves get the better of him. I try to approach also, but don't muster the nerve. We watch other guys approach, and watch other guys try to get the nerve to approach.
My new wing is starting to become a pain in the ass in his own right now as well. He's had a drink and is beginning to hurl insults my and also putting himself down in the process. He's saying how weak 'our' game is, how I should've gotten ten rejections that very night since it would've been so easy. Trust me, this guy comes off like prince charming compared to my other wings even though he's acting like a complete dyck. That's how low I've sunk with my wings. Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.

---

12:30 PM. We check out our final club, a rock club/bar. I see a pretty young redhead isolated, waiting for someone in a group of three talking about 8 feet away. I approach immediately. At least I've internalized the skill of approaching girls who are isolated. She's very friendly, but tells me within a couple of minutes she is waiting for her fiancee who has just performed with his band that night. The fiancee comes over. He's about 6' 210 and seems a bit suspicious: "what's up?" he asks without a smile. I think the expression on my face reveals that I've done something 'wrong.' Nonetheless, I continue, asking the girl and guy both some questions and trying to remain friendly. My new wing leans in, trying to hear, smiling. He blurts out:

"it was my idea to come here! I told him about the place!" He actually raises his hand to gain attention. Terrible move. I reluctantly introduce him as my friend "new wing."

I'm just relieved I've "opened a set" as PUA's call it. We drive around looking for a few bars/clubs but they're all closed. My new wing wants to wing again. That is, he wants me chaperone him around town for free, give him free advice and basically mooch off me until he feels like he can move on. Unbelievable.

---

Conclusion:

Terrible night out. Terrible. I hate winging with newbies, even if they're really nice guys like New Wing. New Wing is cutting his teeth, but still, there are a few things that irritate me about him. First of all, he's retired and independently wealthy. However, he insists on contacting me so I can drive him out to our venue. I don't appreciate this. He says he might offer me a ride next time IF we go out again. This is just weak to me.

Also, I gave him lots of pointers the night before. He really doesn't seem to be terribly grateful. I like talking about these things to some degree, but it seems like I've gone through a lot of effort to help this guy out and he seems not to acknowledge it, or at least not to the degree I'd like. It seems like every time I wing with someone new, I wind extremely irritated at that guy, due to an extreme lack of social skills in one, a few or just globally speaking.

Third, he busts up my set and steps in without invitation and makes a bunch of newbie mistakes. I don't really care about this set, but what if he's going to do that with other sets? How many blown sets should I tolerate?

Also, the kamikaze wing from Friday doesn't show, after HE insisted on a weekday night out. He's probably the worst of the wings I've been out with. I feel like I went out of my way to help him also, and this clown flakes on me.

Just a bad night out. Bad.

Mantra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok.... guys. It's a year since my first bootcamp. I need to get some energy going so I'm going to go for the whole thing again.
I'll report back on my greeting SOON!
Later!

allan976

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent, Mantra. I've been sarging pretty intensely recently myself. Went out Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. I also did some pickup during the day on Saturday. Things went reasonably well, including four number closes on Friday/Saturday. I'm posting my FR's in a thread called "judgment day" on the main discussion board.

QuanJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Back to basics

Hi guys…., I’m on week one of the bootcamp. I hope you got a chance to read my thread “44 year old loser” as that is what has pushed me to do this. I started yesterday, which was a fine fall day on Capitol Hill in Seattle and the sun was shining. I would have to say that everyone is pretty easy to smile at and say hi to up here; of the 7 people I EC’d and said hi to almost all were women, since after all that is what I’m after.

The first 3 were all HB4’s; one looked away, one smiled a little said hi and then looked away, and the third one smiled really big then looked away. I went out a little later in the day after lunch and worked the crowd a little more. I got a smile out of a retarded girl but no hi, then I hit an old man then an old woman, both looked back at me and said hi in a whispered voice. And finally an HB5 who just looked away.

I’d say I felt pretty good with it except that many, many people are simply looking down and so you never even get a chance to make EC. Hi’s take a little timing to get used to…., there is only a small window to get the EC in and then shoot off a hi in order to give them time to respond. Also it’s odd that a lot of people just mouth the hi or hello and don’t really speak it.

I have my first one hour foray at the mall tonight so it will be interesting to see how that different environment affects how people respond and which way they are looking. I mean if they’re window shopping it should be easy to catch their gaze. I will focus mainly on women in my general age group and not take easy targets such as the staff at the various establishments.

I’ll probably have a drink or two before I go to it…., do you guys think it’s a hinderance? I mean, yesterday I was at work when I went out so I didn’t have anything, but will a small amount of alcohol help your DJ skills or hurt them. I think we would all agree that a lot would certainly hinder them.

More later !!

allan976

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good work, Quan.

Don't worry too much about how people react to you as you do your hello's. Just get them in. Even if you don't get all fifty in after week one, just jump ahead to week two. Week one is just warm up. You're doing fine so far.

Allan

QuanJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week one update

Hi guys,
Here’s my BC report from yesterday’s week one exercise, sorry it’s so long;

So I left work thinking I would go to the mall by my house but traffic was so bad I decided to hit Northgate Mall instead. I got there about 5pm and was still in my suit and tie, so I left the jacket in the car, rolled up my sleeves a little and loosened my tie to give me a more casual look. The mall was pretty dead but had enough foot traffic that I sarged on, and began my EC & Hi training.

Well, I would have to say that this exercise opened my eyes…, hahaha. First thing I noticed is that very few people look at other people directly. Most are looking away or looking down and are actually consciously avoiding EC. The second thing is that if you do get EC it’s easy to hold it longer than the other person due to the fact that most people will, after giving you EC, look away fairly quickly.

So I started off giving everyone that looked at me good EC, after a while I decided to screw the work giving anyone other than women EC because after all that’s where I need the help, so tell me if I’m out of line here. I was giving a hi whenever I got good EC with a woman so I got a hi back from 2 HB4’s right away and then one from an HB8. All fairly young women in their late 20’s. After that it went downhill quick. I couldn’t get EC with any women as they were all avoiding it. I decided to think about what you guys would say, so I figured you would tell me to bail and try a new area or try new clothes or something like that.

I stopped for a drink, no women there, so I bailed. I decided to go home, take a shower, change into some slacks and a nice Dockers sweater, and then hit Alderwood Mall which is closer to my house. Sure enough, when I got there I was feeling much better and the crowd was a little bigger. Funny thing was I had done 45 minutes at the 1st mall and 45 minutes here but only got two Hi’s and almost no EC. Sh*t…, doesn’t anyone look at people anymore. God, it’s going to take me 2 or 3 weeks to get 50 Hi’s!!!

I found one trick though…, if you adjust your trajectory to cross their path of travel; for instance…, head toward a store like you are going to go in so you hit their 3’ comfort zone, then they always catch your gaze and that’s when you can hold EC and say hi. This worked almost 100%. I think because people need to adjust themselves to avoid obstacles (me) !!! This works like a charm!! I was able to get two more HB6 EC and Hi’s that way.

Then I stopped for one more drink and met a woman in the parking lot face to face as she and a friend got out of the car..., I EC'd and got a good hi back so I stepped right in with them and said something like "why don't I just go in with you girls", and she said that would be great because she just got in a big fight with her boyfriend, so I said "you guys fighting about money again?" and then she said no and turned to chat with her friend, she was pretty young and an HB5 so I decided not to say anything else just in case she ended up in the bar I could take it farther, but she didn't..., so I probably screwed up a great opener. Man..., I've got a lot to learn. I got tongue tied again really. I need to think faster or just get more experience so I don't have to think about it at all.

Total of 1.5hrs of EC time…, and I’ve got 12 hi’s (good looking women only). I’m going to try more lunch time outings as I feel people are more open to EC at that time of day. On a personal note…, I became aware that I walk too fast so I’m working on slowing down my pace and adding a little “I’m the man” to my walk. I also noted that I don’t keep a smile on my face all the time…, so I’m working this really hard because who needs a tough look on their face if they’re trying to meet women (this is a bad side effect of so much gym time)…., and finally I found out from this exercise that in my business world I do this quick EC with everyone too instead of holding longer gazes…, so I think this will benefit me in the work world too.

I’ll be going out Thursday evening too. Maybe try a bookstore this time…, I’ll definitely try the mall later in the evening, say 9pm. So I’ll have my two outings done, but will need to work hard to get 50 by Monday. I’m moving this weekend and that may hamper my efforts but I’ll keep you guys up to date.

Mantra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great suff QuanJuan.... keep up the good work.
Week 1 done for me.....in fact I kept it rolling a bit! Done about 60 hellos now. This is no problem for me. Week 2 feels much tougher. After I've done a little singing practice here now I'm heading off out onto the street to do at least one cold approach.

Later½!

QuanJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1 update

Thanks Mantra, I'm trying but I must be a "special" e.g. retarded DJ because this stuff is not coming easy for me. Here's my update, and once again sorry it's so long;

So tonight I went on my 2nd one hour EC outing. I was feeling burnt out after work so I went home and grabbed 2 hours of sleep. I decided I would go to an upper end mall in the area tonight and instead of the slacks and dress shirt look I chose a tougher look; black Levi’s with a white t-shirt that has a small emblem on it, some cool sketchers boots and a BSA style black leather racing jacket. I even tossed on a gold chain to add some $ to the outfit.

Anyway what I have noticed already is that this thing is a state of mind. After getting ready I had a drink and rocked to some good old 70’s tunes on the way to the mall to get loosened up; as you know I’m working to keep a smile on my face and be approachable which is taking a lot of effort for me since I have developed this tough guy persona with a matching facial expression. So I’m psyching myself up…, “I’m the prize, I’m the prize, I’m the prize…, and I may be willing to entertain a girl or two with my supertanker sized, docking buoy titanium testicles, if she can make the cut”.

The mall was not very packed at 8pm but there was enough foot traffic to warrant a go. Tonight I had an epiphany…, if the women are available they will look around and make EC, if they are taken or not interested they either look at you and then look away real quickly or avoid EC completely. In an hour and a half I got at least 10 smiles and “hi’s”. Really there were also quite a few who either just looked away or didn’t smile or say hi. Of course I was only EC’ing women that I was attracted to. Of the 10 I got a few stick out in my mind, such as the two girls headed towards Nordstrom (obviously one of them worked there) one of which was an HB9.

I sped up a little to pass them and said hi with a passing double-take glance, smiled and said hi. Guys…, it was so funny…, she did say hi but it was a muted kind of hi like…, “you are worthy but lower than my sexual power so I will cast a word in your direction”. Obviously I just had an encounter with the dreaded bytch shield! Hahaha. I realized at that moment that she said hi in order to validate herself and not me. I found this hard to believe that such a hot chick needed to validate her sexuality…., women must be so insecure I can’t even imagine it! If I had the sexual power she has I certainly would not need to have it validated at all, I would simply use it as I see fit.

Also tonight I noticed (if I’m really paying attention) that a few women will scan me from head to toe after or before EC. I believe these women have already given me a high value and would make great prospects to open. Once again crossing a woman’s path close enough to become an obstacle (in the 3’ zone) forces them to look at you and then you can hit them with EC and a hello. I was switching up too between Hi, Hello, and Hey.

Another thing I noticed was women between 25 and 35 give me a lot of looks, I would think I was well out of their interest range…, of course a lot of women in that same age group look through me like I’m invisible, but hey…, this shyt is getting interesting!! I’m actually starting to look forward to rejection training to see if I have the balls to take on these HB9’s with their bytch shields set for kill…., just get in their personal little spaces and force a rejection…, god that will be a reality check if I’ve ever had one!!!

So I’ll call tonight 10 “hi’s” which puts me at 22. I’ll try to get the rest in this weekend but I’m moving so I might not be able to complete this until next week. I’m also trying different dress styles, in different locations, at different times of the day, on different days of the week. It looks like there is a vast difference in effectiveness between all these variables.

At this point I would say in Seattle the best time will be midday on a Mon, Fri, or Saturday dressed in a suit and in the downtown or waterfront area. I’m going to try some Friday Belltown early evening trips too. I haven’t been to clubs in ages so I will hold off on that and get into salsa classes first and see how that goes.

I need so much work…, like C&F…, I don’t have it, I have S&D (sarcastic and dumb). I’ll just continue to read this site and try to get this AFC crap out of my head. I’m worried I’ll be at RAFC for a long time, but what the hell, anything is better than being dumped by a woman you didn’t even want to be with anyway!!

allan976

Don Juan
Reaction score
Close Call, and Some Number Closes. I Need to Improve.

I have a lot of work to do this weekend so I have to stay at home, so I'm entering keyboard jockey mode. This is actually an old FR from last Friday night. I do have a legitimate question here: what happens when you see opportunities but "choke" so to speak? I'm tired of writing up "close calls" rather than LR's. I think there needs to be a "three second rule" for closing (i.e., isolating a girl when she has clearly stated or demonstrated her interest). My two problems are as follows:

a. not reading the signs for closing correctly
b. "choking" or freezing up.

Any tips appreciated.

Last Friday/Sunset:

Had a fun night out. The girls on L.A.'s main entertainment strip are very hot, very numerous and much friendlier than I had expected. Number closed three times, had a "close call" of some sort.

I walk to the first venue: Chokadera?? As I walk to the venue, a HB7 Asian girl/restaurant hostess opens me:

HB7: "Hi!" she says with a big smile.
Me: "Hi." I keep walking.
HB7 walks behind me, following me. I stop after a few paces. It feels
creepy having a girl follow me without announcing her business. Maybe she's trying to seat me at the restaurant, or maybe she's actually following me. Either way, it's weird. I ask her where Chokadera is. She says she has no idea. I ask her where The Body Shop is. She has no idea. I ask her how long she's been working on Sunset. She says six months. She's been working there six months and she doesn't know that The Body Shop is a quarter mile up the street? Weird.

I introduce myself to dyed blonde and brunette HB8's further up the street. I ask for directions. They give them to me, and say they're headed to the same venue after they get change for parking. Cool. The brunette's really nice but the dyed blonde gives me a very suspicious look as I walk away. I don't know why she's so suspicious. All I did was smile and shake hands and introduce myself to both girls. Whatever.

---

# Close 1:

My first number close is with a HB7.5 Korean gal. I've just ended a convo with a very pretty HB7 Japanese girl. She's in a 3 set with a Japanese guy and gal; she's seated outside on the patio; her two friends are standing. I excuse myself while brushing past the average looking J gal. I spot the HB7. I ask them all if they are having fun, a good night, some
random fluff. I ask the HB7 for her name. She tells me her name. I tell her she has a beautiful name:

"just my name?" she asks coyly, smiling.

I decide to sit down next to HB7 J gal at this point. The convo's going well as she smiles a lot and kinos me gently, touching my hand, shoulder, etc. This is going better than I expected. I hint at a ONS, asking what she's doing later that night. She says she's going back home with her friends. She's traveling back to Japan soon I learn, so I figure it's now or never. After she says she's going back home with her friends after they leave the bar, I guess it's never lol. I eject. I tell them I'll be back later.

I keep walking around the patio area. I see a real cute Korean gal, HB7.5. She's dining with a big white girl. They're both 21. I ask them what's up, how's their night going. She's asking me some personal questions, such as what's my full name, how old am I. My wing calls me on the phone, mid conversation.

Me: 'Hang on, a friend's calling me.'
HB7.5: 'Well, tell him to **** off!'
Me: 'How do you know it's a he?' Big girl starts laughing at HB.
HB: 'Uuuh...well tell her to **** off!'

I give her the phone and tell her to say that on the phone. She's too polite once on the phone lol.

We fluff a bit more:

Me: 'Are you in school or working?'
HB: 'Well, my goal is to be a housewife! And I cook really well!'
This girl is just having fun qualifying herself. Funny.

I number close. I call her immediately to verify the number. I tell her I want her to have my number, but I just want to make sure the number's good. I eject upon verification. I made sure to be friendly to both girls, which is something I haven't always done in the past when opening two sets.

---

I open a three set at the bar. One girl's a HB7 (Persian?). Her friends are '6's. I just open with general fluff: how are you girls doing? Where do you live? You like this place? Blah blah blah. The '7' is giggling like crazy, smiling at her friends slyly. Her friends look disinterested. I joke with HB7 about Anna Nicole Smith having been at Saddle ranch once, having fallen off the bull, and leaving a hole the size of an asteroid next to the bull. Just
fluff. I'm a little surprised at how well the set's going. I guess Sunset girls aren't as stuck up as I led myself to believe. I eject telling them I'll talk to them later.

---

# Close 2 & 3:

I open a cute Shania Twain HB8 look a like near a table by the bar. She says it's her birthday. She shows me her ID and I'll be dammed, she's just turned 18 that very night! She looks awfully good and is looking to drink. I open her 18 yr old girlfriend, a HB7 Sarah Jessica Parker look a like.

One guy standing near the girls says: "hey man, that's my sister! That's my sister, man!"

Me: 'hey it's cool, man.' I shake his hand. He cools off a bit. 'It's just a conversation, bro.'

At this point, a 5' blonde HB7.5 in a cowgirl hat walks by. I tell her 'happy birthday!' I don't remember what she says, but she stops and smiles. I ask her how tall she is.

Me: '5' 1"?'
HB: '5 feet.'
Me: 'How much do you weigh? Wait, let me find out.' I grab her by her waist, and get crotch to crotch with her. I lift her up a bit, but am just enjoying having her in my bear hug. She doesn't seem to object.

One of my wings starts to tool me: "aw gawd, get a room!"

I try to number close her. No dice. A bear hug crotch to crotch is ok, but not giving up her number.

I return to the 18 yr olds.

Me: "hey, is that guy your brother?"
HB8: "I have no idea who he is."
Me: "hey, is that guy her brother?"
HB7: "I've never seen that guy before in my life."

Apparently, the guy is a bitter dude who couldn't get anywhere with the young girls and so is trying to bust my set out of spite.

---

***Close Call of Some Kind***

I fluff a bit more with the two girls. A third girl, also with the party, eyes me from 8 feet away. She's a tall, thin brunette, wearing a jean jacket and blue jeans. She walks over to me (following the three second rule lol).

HB: 'Hiii, my name is Nina. What's your name?' She walks up to me
until we are nose to nose.
Me: 'Adamm.'
HB: 'Adamm? Wooow. That's a beauuutiful name.' (She's whispering breathily in my ear now).
I'm getting very aroused now. I have to turn sideways so she doesn't notice what's going on down south.
HB: points to SJP look alike. 'That's my friend. Isn't she beauuutiful?'
Me: 'Yeah.'

Here, I stall out. I'm just surprised that this girl opens me so quickly and so aggressively. She gives me an opening to isolate her or makeout on the spot. I blow it. She walks away after five seconds of silence. I'm such a dumbass sometimes lol.

---

I number close the SJP look alike. I almost delete her number as I'm getting confused by all the activity going on around me. I'm scanning for HB's, making sure Shania Twain doesn't get away, looking for Nina (who's just walked away), and trying to enter SJP's number all at the same time. I try twice and finally get it. I try to number close the ST look alike. She objects mildly. She says to call SJP and I'll reach her. I insist on her number anyway. She enters it in my phone. For whatever reason, either because she didn't or I didn't save it, I don't have it later.

I exit the set (there were about 7 girls in the party altogether). As I leave, a guy tells me: 'hey, I heard you were buying those girls drinks.'

Me: I'm pissed now. 'I didn't buy anybody a drink.' The other guy
backs off.

'Oh, ok, I didn't say you were buying those girls drinks.'

That's weak. Two guys get nowhere with the birthday girl crew and so they have to ****block me by any means necessary. Why they don't just move on to another set?

---

I open a HB8 girl near the door. She's brushing guys off left and right. HB8 blows me off also lol by turning her back on me. Had to try. My wings signal that they want to try another venue.

---

I open a blonde HB8.5 and brunette HB8 in the lobby of the Hotttest Club in Town. The blonde's a French Canadian. The other's an American girl (Hispanic?). I run out of conversational material after just two or three minutes. They're a lot friendlier than I expected them to be. They smile, make great eye contact, lean in, and game me pretty well. I stall, they leave. I open a HB7 blonde with glasses on a couch. Some guy in his mid forties just stares at me the whole time. I keep opening. I try to number close a hostess at an Asian restaurant. She has a boyfriend. A fistfight breaks out at this place....

---

Conclusion:

1. Oddly, I didn't even think I would go out tonight. I had a caffeine blast Thursday night and I didn' even get any sleep (half an hour or so only). I thought I would be too tired to go out. I'm glad I went out.

2. I got blown out earlier in the day. I open a '6' readhead in a coffeeshop. "You're too late fo breakfast," I tell her (it's noon). She doesn't like it. "Well
then what are you doing here?" Basically, I learned I shouldn't neg a six, especially as an opener during the day.

3. Here's my main question: I need to stop choking and writing up close calls. How do you guys get the composure to follow through? I stall, choke, miss signs, it's just annoying. After I tell myself to be on the lookout next time, I find I do the same thing all over again. Sigh.

Later,

Allan

QuanJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week one update

Wow, what a complete waste of time.

I’ve gone out on 2 more one hour forays to acquire my 50 hi’s for week one boot camp. I have probably gotten two or three more which basically brings me up to 25. Really this sucks terribly and I don’t know what to do about it. Like I said, I’m only counting the women who are attractive to me and I’m not wasting my time EC’ing and saying hi to men or old ladies.

I’m telling you…., it’s the environment!! Not only are there very few women around who are attractive to me, but most of them won’t even look up. I’ve been busting my balls to get in their way to get EC, but when I say hi I don’t get anything back. And if I don’t place myself directly in the way they won’t even look around. Are we really that afraid of people in this society that we have to avoid EC.?

Well, my plan now is to try a few new places. I’m going to focus more down on the waterfront on the weekends in early afternoon to try to get my 50 out of the way. Anyway I just wanted you guys to know of the difficulties I’m having just getting freakin “Hi’s” from women. Add to that the fact that my Dad’s dying and I’ve really slowed up here.

I will not give up though…, and I’m looking forward to week two where I start and hold convo’s with women. I do this all the time at work but never when I’m out and about, except maybe at a party or two, so this will be great training for me. I’m learning a lot from all the reading material but I need to get out there and do the field work more!!

QuanJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Still on week one!..., update

Hi Guys,
I haven’t had much time to sarge my EC and “hi’s” because my Dad’s been ill, but yesterday I was able to get an hour in at lunch. I hit the strip and got a hi from an HB7…, she was actually waiting for the walk light and looked at me from across the street. I was in a suit and tie again and when I passed her during the signal I smiled and said hi and I got a big smile and a hi back. I got another hi from an Asian HB4 right away then hit an HB8 but only got a small smile and no hi. That was it for lunchtime.

Later that night we had a team building event for work at the Downtown Seattle GameWorks. Now there is an HB5 & 7 at work who would definitely benefit from me laying a little pipe, however I have just been maintaining a businesslike relationship. So anyway there is a rumor running around that I slept with one of the Senior Managers and I never tried to refute it since 1) she is good looking, and 2) it builds my social proof…, back to the story, we had a few drinks and then started playing games. I used that activity to joke and interact with the women from work but there was really no attractive women at GameWorks so I decided to go outside and see what was up on the sidewalk.

I see an HB8 on her cell who stalls at the walk light like she was lost or something so I went up to her and said something like “I’m on-line at GameWorks with our corporate account, come on over and you can get a free drink and we can discuss which way you need to go if you’re lost”…, or something to that affect. I obviously need to remember what I’m saying so I can report back factually. She blows me off and says she’s headed to Ann Nichole (local shop) so she couldn’t do that today…, but then adds a strange comment about doing it some other day and I said it’s now or never but she had to go so I’m kicking myself for not doing a number close, but I was out of my comfort zone and thought myself out of it.

Then I hit up another HB7 but she just put up the hand and rejected even a hello. But I was still thinking if I could get a woman inside it would also build my social proof with the work girls. So undeterred and still amped up on 3 or 4 rum and cokes I stopped a 20ish HB8 and macked her up with the story that I was on-line and she should stop for a free drink. Her response was funny in that she couldn’t believe there was a bar in an arcade. She had a strange accent and I found out she was from Salt Lake City. She then asked me my age and when I said 44 she said she was 25 and she didn’t think it was a good idea, although she still kept hammering on about the bar/arcade thing. So I kept at her and told her she could just go in as my friend and help build my social value with my business associates. I found out she was an aspiring singer/actor and told her this would be great practice.

So she agrees, once I got her in the door and the attendant upheld the fact there was a bar there. Anyway we work up this scenario where her brother is an artist buddy of mine and we just happened to meet (since both I and her brother are actually artists). We solidify names and other BS while we get wine at the bar. All the time I’m looking in her eyes and starting kino, and then I introduced her to the 10 or so people from work. This works great as the two women I discussed all of the sudden got quite interested in her and a bunch of questions are bouncing around and my gal is doing Ok with this (she still needs some acting work), but all in all she pulls it off great. I figure I’ll slick her number off her by asking for it in the group so I say it’s great you’re in town and to put the digits in my phone and I’ll make sure she gets to my next show. She fumbles with the digits (maybe trying to make something up?), so I clear it and she punches in quickly. I’ll wait a few days to call and let you guys know if it’s fake. Finally after the second drink she gives me a big hug goodbye and I whispered in her ear she’s a great actress.

My team ends up going out to eat where we get totally hammered and all kinds of crazy sh*t happens. But I went home knowing I did something I’ve never done before, and I could have never done it without this site and all you guys to help and support me. I still get nervous talking so I probably came off sounding like I was begging a little, and I need to remember exactly what I say for good field reports, also slow down when I’m talking to women because I think I talk too fast. My ****y/funny is still sarcastic/dumb but hey at least I macked some random women on the street. I also need to be able to do this without any liquid courage.

So I’m really excited to finish my “hi’s” and get on to week two. I’m at 29 or so Hi’s and I’ll keep hammering them out.

a difficult guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I decided to start a bootcamp tomorrow.
I have to gain confidence with strangers.

I'll make sure to post everyday, I'm deeply motivated.

see you tomorrow.