Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Books and movies to talk about with women

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What are some of the best books and movies to talk about with women (especially if they are funny and without nudity)?

Last edited:

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In no particular order

The Great Muppet Caper (1981)
Ice Pirates
Star Wars
The Battle For Endor / Caravan Of Courage
Labyrinth
The Abyss
Falling Down
Police Academy 1,2,3,4,5
Dirty Dancing
Meatballs 1,2,3
National Lampoons [Chevy Chase]
Uncle Buck
Legend
True Lies
Star Gate
The Toxic Avenger [All Troma Films]
The Matrix
Napolean Dynamite
The Monster Squad
Talladega Nights
FX
Escape From New York / Escape From LA
Lethal Weapon 1 & 2
Die Hard
Dune
Mad Max 1 & 2 & 3
Rambo
Runaway [Tom Selleck]
Terminator 1& 2
Back To School
Critters 1 & 2 [Don't watch the rest]
Judge Dredd (1&2)
The Karate Kid
Sidekicks [Chuck Norris]
Class of 1999
Ferris Buellers Day Off
The Never Ending Story
Back To The Future
Evil Dead / Army Of Darkness
The Goonies
Big Trouble In Little China
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
The Navigator
The Wizard
The Dungeonmaster
Predator
Robocop
Twister
Killer Klowns From Outerspace
BeetleJuice
Krull
Little Monsters
The Last Starfighter
Batman: The Dark Knight
Space Raiders (1983)
Run (Patrick Dempsey)
The Breakfast Club
The Warriors
Independence Day
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Footloose (Kevin Bacon)
Indiana Jones
Top Gun
My Science Project
Tron
Tremors
Ghostbusters
Alien/Aliens
Blade
ET
Willow
Fire In The Sky
Dumb & Dumber
Starship Troopers
Star Wars
-----------------

You can tell what era I was born in. :)

Last edited:

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spanish girl => Tres Metros Sobre El Cielo
Slut => Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In no particular order

The Great Muppet Caper (1981)
Ice Pirates
Star Wars
The Battle For Endor / Caravan Of Courage
Labyrinth
The Abyss
Falling Down
Police Academy 1,2,3,4,5
Dirty Dancing
Meatballs 1,2,3
National Lampoons [Chevy Chase]
Uncle Buck
Legend
True Lies
Star Gate
The Toxic Avenger [All Troma Films]
The Matrix
Napolean Dynamite
The Monster Squad
Talladega Nights
FX
Escape From New York / Escape From LA
Lethal Weapon 1 & 2
Die Hard
Dune
Mad Max 1 & 2 & 3
Rambo
Runaway [Tom Selleck]
Terminator 1& 2
Back To School
Critters 1 & 2 [Don't watch the rest]
Judge Dredd (1&2)
The Karate Kid
Sidekicks [Chuck Norris]
Class of 1999
Ferris Buellers Day Off
The Never Ending Story
Back To The Future
Evil Dead / Army Of Darkness
The Goonies
Big Trouble In Little China
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
The Navigator
The Wizard
The Dungeonmaster
Predator
Robocop
Twister
Killer Klowns From Outerspace
BeetleJuice
Krull
Little Monsters
The Last Starfighter
Batman: The Dark Knight
Space Raiders (1983)
Run (Patrick Dempsey)
The Breakfast Club
The Warriors
Independence Day
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Footloose (Kevin Bacon)
Indiana Jones
Top Gun
My Science Project
Tron
Tremors
Ghostbusters
Alien/Aliens
Blade
ET
Willow
Fire In The Sky
Dumb & Dumber
Starship Troopers
Star Wars
-----------------

You can tell what era I was born in. :)
Thank you! Your answer is very helpful!

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Josh Davidson. Welcome on board.

But you have been posting questions that I found troublesome in themselves.

Looking back at your older threads, you seemed to put your focus on the woman instead of yourself. You are channeling your energy outwards, instead of inwards.

For example, for this particular thread, it's not about what books to talk about with women, it's about you let the women choose a topic she likes to talk about, whether it's sitcom, showbiz stuff, food, travelling, books and movies... etc... and you LISTEN to her talk about it. Because that's how every conversation with the woman you're dating should be: You only talk 20%, and let her do the remaining 80%. Women are verbal creatures. They love to talk.

It doesn't matter what thay talk about, they just love to talk.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The easiest fvck I ever had was when this girl and I were having some beer, and she kept blabbing about BS that I just kept nodding my head and ocassionally added in questions to engage her to keep running her mouth.

I didn't really speak anything, and you know what she said when I told her that I would like to get up and have a walk? She said "Wow I've never had such a meaningful conversation like this before" (May I repeat: I didn't talk much).

And while we were walking, I just naturally grabbed her waist, pulled her close, and tongue kissed her, and damn how she enjoyed it.

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like watching "Good Will Hunting" with them in the beginning if they haven't seen it already. If they "don't get it", they probably lack a sufficient enough spectrum of human emotion to work with.

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Josh Davidson. Welcome on board.

But you have been posting questions that I found troublesome in themselves.

Looking back at your older threads, you seemed to put your focus on the woman instead of yourself. You are channeling your energy outwards, instead of inwards.

For example, for this particular thread, it's not about what books to talk about with women, it's about you let the women choose a topic she likes to talk about, whether it's sitcom, showbiz stuff, food, travelling, books and movies... etc... and you LISTEN to her talk about it. Because that's how every conversation with the woman you're dating should be: You only talk 20%, and let her do the remaining 80%. Women are verbal creatures. They love to talk.

It doesn't matter what thay talk about, they just love to talk.
Something you said: "You only talk 20%, and let her do the remaining 80%" really stood out to me. I tended to do it closer to me talking 80% and her talking 20% in the past (thinking I need to "entertain" her). How do you get it to where she talks 80% of the time and I talk only 20% of the time?<---(I am asking anyone reading this)

Last edited:

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something you said: "You only talk 20%, and let her do the remaining 80%" really stood out to me. I tended to do it closer to me talking 80% and her talking 20% in the past (thinking I need to "entertain" her). How do you get it to where she talks 80% of the time and I talk only 20% of the time?<---(I am asking anyone reading this)
Glad you asked.

For example, you can start by saying "This dress looks nice on you (doesn't matter if you're being truthful or not), where did you get such fine taste for fashion"?

And she's gonna talk about the topic "fashion", and voilà! Let her talk, you just listen. That's it.

Your job at the date is only to LISTEN, and don't try to outsmart her by talking too much. Women HATE talkative guys because when a guy is being talkative, he's basically a woman.

Talking is a woman's job, and fvcking her is yours.

About the bolded part: This is a wrong mindset. You are not a clown. Hence your job is not to "entertain" her, but rather vice versa. By coming to the date thinking you need to "entertain" her, you're already in a weak postition, and a beta at that.

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You talk less, ask her more about her and simply let her talk. Most women have no problem talking a lot, the hard part for some guys is usually to shut up and let her.
Yes, but the problem for me is to know specifically what questions to ask her. Like I'm looking for a list of questions that I can memorize to ask her.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, but the problem for me is to know specifically what questions to ask her. Like I'm looking for a list of questions that I can memorize to ask her.
There is NO list of "specific questions" to ask a woman.

Dating is a game of spontaneous emotions. You compliment her dress and let her talk about fashion. You see some food pics on her Insta and you ask her about food during the date and let her talk about food. When she says something silly you tease her and let her have a good laugh. You see her checking out a hot guy passing by and you ask her about what type of guys she likes to be with and you let her give you some BS about love and relationships while you nod your head. The "list" goes on.

The entire knowledge of SS cannot help you understand this, if you don't start going out, dating as many women as you can, failing with women, and learning lessons (the hard way) with them.

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is NO list of "specific questions" to ask a woman.

Dating is a game of spontaneous emotions. You compliment her dress and let her talk about fashion. You see some food pics on her Insta and you ask her about food during the date and let her talk about food. When she says something silly you tease her and let her have a good laugh.

The entire knowledge of SS cannot help you understand this, if you don't start going out, dating as many women as you can, failing with women, and learning lessons (the hard way) with them.
I have been going to this local bar and asking women for their numbers (which I get most of the time when they say that they are single). Then I usually mess up somehow and don't get a date or other "meetup" with them. I go to this bar once a week on Thursday night for what it's worth.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been going to this local bar and asking women for their numbers (which I get most of the time when they say that they are single). Then I usually mess up somehow and don't get a date or other "meetup" with them.
By having the guts to approach women at a bar and ask for their numbers, you're BOLDER than you might think you are. Congratulations.

But having numbers means nothing if you can't have a real date with them afterwards. So normally, you just set up the date right away in the spot, and then excuse yourself and go back to your table.

For example:

Josh: "Hey I love to talk to you more, but I gotta go back to my friends, so let's meet at this ABC place on XYZ time this Friday?"

Her: "I guess that's okay" (Good, you call to her number to let her save it). / "I don't know yet, I'll let you know later" (No probs, you still call to her number to make sure she's saved your number to her contact list before you leave).

And remember, at this time and age, dating is game of numbers. If you approach 10 girls, 01 of them might do out with you. If you approach 100 girls, you'll have 10 dates, and so on.

But if you only approach 1-3 girls? You gonna have zero dates. So go out and approach as many chicks as you can. It's a skill that gets better if you train it everyday.

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
By having the guts to approach women at a bar and ask for their numbers, you're BOLDER than you might think you are. Congratulations.

But having numbers means nothing if you can't have a real date with them afterwards. So normally, you just set up the date right away in the spot, and then excuse yourself and go back to your table.

For example:

Josh: "Hey I love to talk to you more, but I gotta go back to my friends, so let's meet at this ABC place on XYZ time this Friday?"

Her: "I guess that's okay" (Good, you call to her number to let her save it). / "I don't know yet, I'll let you know later" (No probs, you still call to her number to make sure she's saved your number to her contact list before you leave).

And remember, at this time and age, dating is game of numbers. If you approach 10 girls, 01 of them might do out with you. If you approach 100 girls, you'll have 10 dates, and so on.

But if you only approach 1-3 girls? You gonna have zero dates. So go out and approach as many chicks as you can. It's a skill that gets better if you train it everyday.
I can't really use the line about going back to my friends, as is (I'll have to tweak it) since I go to the bar alone. Can someone help me tweak it?

Grinderman

Banned
Reaction score
For example, you can start by saying "This dress looks nice on you (doesn't matter if you're being truthful or not), where did you get such fine taste for fashion"?
TRIGGER WARNER (try not get your knickers in a twist)

This is cringe. Compliment her on her dress????? It doesn't matter if you're being truthful or not?? This is high level validation seeking cringe. Women spot this sucking up to them in an unauthentic way. You're validation seeking and inauthenticity reveal your beta nature.

Seriously your comment reminded me of the series "Bottom": two clueless losers flat sharing, the main character (played by the hilarious and zany Rik Mayall) Richard (Richard the frog?) never knows what to say to women and his opening line is often "Lovely blouse....." and his follow up "do you often wear blouses?" You are Richard The Frog.

Note: The "let her talk more" is not wrong per se.....however, you as a MAN don't want to sit there listen to her babble on about crap that you have no interest in. This is full blowing DALE CARNEGIE RETARD VALIDATION SEEKING MODE. It's not authentic and it's not how two adults converse.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are some of the best books and movies to talk about with women (especially if they are funny and without nudity)?
Well posted this before here in the forums:
A Bronx Tale (The door test):

See the full movie btw if you want. It's a great movie. ;)