Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Body Recomposition?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
We gotta bulk you up my friend. 50 lbs would do wonders for you
At my work I work with a guy in his 50s. When he was young he was 5-10 and like 115lbs. He said maybe 1 in 100 girls would give him the time of day and many would say he looked like a stick and a wimp and flat out reject him. Then he started working out, especially when he went in the military and when he bulked up the women gave him a lot more attention. He's pretty jacked still, but in the slim type of way.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Correct, it does. But the name of the thread is body recomposition. Just burning fat doesn’t keep it off. That’s why dieters gain the weight back. Build the body underneath first then you can worry about sculpting. The process can’t be rushed.
Idk man, I personally think he’s been bulking for too long. 248? He’s definitely got some excess energy reserves if you ask me.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Idk man, I personally think he’s been bulking for too long. 248? He’s definitely got some excess energy reserves if you ask me.
Insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results. Dieters fail because they don’t address the underlying problem. He’s consuming only 900 calories a day and you’re encouraging a cut. Bad advice.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
What’s stopping you?
I have the home gym coming the following week then after that it will be installed. What about those push up assist handles? Do those help do better pushups? How many sit ups and push ups should I do in a day?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the home gym coming the following week then after that it will be installed. What about those push up assist handles? Do those help do better pushups? How many sit ups and push ups should I do in a day?
Pushups are not ideal. I do 50 before each date just for a temporary pump. The problem with pushups is they aren’t easily loaded. Better exercises are (weighted) dips, Overhead Press, and Bench Press.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Pushups are not ideal. I do 50 before each date just for a temporary pump. The problem with pushups is they aren’t easily loaded. Better exercises are (weighted) dips, Overhead Press, and Bench Press.
Interesting. Usually I don't workout before a date. I do better with my heart rate lower.

Regarding personal trainers is it best to hire a guy who knows his sh** or hire a hot chick? Would a hot girl personal trainer give you more motivation?

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results. Dieters fail because they don’t address the underlying problem. He’s consuming only 900 calories a day and you’re encouraging a cut. Bad advice.
Dieters fail because they don’t make a LIFESTYLE change. Not because the diet didn’t initially work. That’s be like saying all you gotta do is get to 405 for squat and then you never ever have to squat ever again. Ummm, no. That’s not how that works. He giving false analogy lmao

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. Usually I don't workout before a date. I do better with my heart rate lower.

Regarding personal trainers is it best to hire a guy who knows his sh** or hire a hot chick? Would a hot girl personal trainer give you more motivation?
Dude, just lift.

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll keep this simple

At 30% bodyfat you are fat, obese even.

I'm your height and 218 in my avatar so that should give you some idea.

As you are new to lifting you are in the magical era of noob gains, you can (and should) cut and you will still make gains.

Don't cut on 900 calories that's just idiotic, 2200 or so calories is what you should be cutting on

If I'm you I'm going on a 3 month cut, use intermittent fasting and lift as heavy as you can, then after that review your situation, you want to get down to 220 probably even lower than that before you even think of bulking. Do not add extra weight to an already overweight frame. At 6'3" 210lbs you still wouldn't be close to underweight, I've been in the 190s before when I was at my leanest and I was still "big"

You don't worry about bulking until you hit 12% bodyfat

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dieters fail because they don’t make a LIFESTYLE change. Not because the diet didn’t initially work. That’s be like saying all you gotta do is get to 405 for squat and then you never ever have to squat ever again. Ummm, no. That’s not how that works. He giving false analogy lmao
Uhh..who said anything about never having to squat again?

synecdoche

Don Juan
Reaction score
900 calories a day, this will **** with you in the long term.

Some good advice given already, but just follow Infern0's. Start lifting heavy x3 a week and don't do an agressive cut. You are indeed fat at the moment but you have some muscle underneath it. I saw a lot of obese guys cutting and ending with a good amount of muscle. Do a lean bulk once you hit 11-12% fat.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I need muscle though
155 solid looks great on that height. It takes time to add hard muscle. Set your protein requirement based upon your goal weight. Start a strength weight program. Youll gain a few lb a month for a while.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
155 solid looks great on that height. It takes time to add hard muscle. Set your protein requirement based upon your goal weight. Start a strength weight program. Youll gain a few lb a month for a while.
So gotta cut out that McDonalds and Burger King crap?

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uhh..who said anything about never having to squat again?
I did, because it’s an example that I gave because you said that diets never last, i.e. they don’t last if you go back to your old ways. Same goes for that 400 lb squat—it won’t last if you go back to your old ways of not exercising. Doesn’t take a brain to figure this out...