Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Blackpill has shut down RSD/PUA. Is this true?

SW15

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of things turned against the commercial PUA bootcamp model...

1. Too much media attention beginning with the book The G am e and later pickup TV shows
2. OLD dating, especially apps
2. Meeetooo
3. Blackpill
4. Covid
Covid is likely short term in the way that the 1918 pandemic was short term. However, the next 2 years are going to be some of the most challenging 2 years in the mating environment that anyone has ever seen.

Apps have materially impacted nightlife, even pre-Covid. For the 5 year period prior to Covid, it was less essential for a woman to go out to bars to find sex partners or dates. Night venues were hosting plenty of app sourced first dates. For a woman, she can source more first dates on swipe apps than she would be able to if she relied upon being approached at non-bar venues or even at the bars.

If I rated how important each of these factors is, this is how I would rate them by level of importance (most to least important)
1. Swipe apps
2. Too much media attention
3. MeeeToo
4. Covid
5. Blackpill

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Covid is likely short term in the way that the 1918 pandemic was short term. However, the next 2 years are going to be some of the most challenging 2 years in the mating environment that anyone has ever seen.

Apps have materially impacted nightlife, even pre-Covid. For the 5 year period prior to Covid, it was less essential for a woman to go out to bars to find sex partners or dates. Night venues were hosting plenty of app sourced first dates. For a woman, she can source more first dates on swipe apps than she would be able to if she relied upon being approached at non-bar venues or even at the bars.

If I rated how important each of these factors is, this is how I would rate them by level of importance (most to least important)
1. Swipe apps
2. Too much media attention
3. MeeeToo
4. Covid
5. Blackpill
Just spoke to co worker went to local hotspot we go too to see bands etc etc. I didn't go last night. He said there was puzzy all over the place.

FlexpertHamilton

Don Juan
Reaction score
RSD is very shady and disorganized. There business model was first based on marketing to lonely virgins by guilt-tripping you into thinking you need to listen to them to be successful with women. Later they started focusing much more heavily on self-development advice but they still used a lot of the same guilt-tripping tactics by insisting you were broken or scared or whatever. Of course, they do have some sage advice sprinkled in here and there, but it's buried underneath mounds of horse****.

Pickup artistry is a dying field because more and more men are realizing that it mostly amounts to short-term gains (quick lays) and teaches nothing of keeping a girl around (maintaining frame, etc) .

Of course, RSD saw this and that's why they moved more towards self development and "inner game" towards their later years, but they never really taught ANYTHING about long-term relationships, and they definitely lacked the big-picture sort of red-pill awareness seen from someone like Rollo or Roosh.

All that said, I will say back in the day they had some truly groundbreaking stuff, especially from Julien. If you've ever seen some of his old pickup compilation videos, it's easy to see him and Owen were probably some of the best PUAs in the world.

Last edited:

SW15

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just spoke to co worker went to local hotspot we go too to see bands etc etc. I didn't go last night. He said there was puzzy all over the place.
Pusssy all over the place means nothing. I'll agree that it is a better sign than an absence of women from a venue. However, the important question to ask with that is how many people actually made a meaningful connection. I think women realized even pre-Covid that they didn't need to stand around a bar/nightclub to meet men. Why do something that takes a lot of effort like going out when you could get more attention by just posting a sexy photo on Instagram? Why field approaches in person when you could field approaches virtually at home via Tinder/Bumble/Hinge? Even pre-Covid, the argument for night venues wasn't all that clear cut.

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pusssy all over the place means nothing. I'll agree that it is a better sign than an absence of women from a venue. However, the important question to ask with that is how many people actually made a meaningful connection. I think women realized even pre-Covid that they didn't need to stand around a bar/nightclub to meet men. Why do something that takes a lot of effort like going out when you could get more attention by just posting a sexy photo on Instagram? Why field approaches in person when you could field approaches virtually at home via Tinder/Bumble/Hinge? Even pre-Covid, the argument for night venues wasn't all that clear cut.
I think woman are just social in general and not much has changed. I agree the internet has changed sexual dynamics but Covid? People in my area are itching to get out.
Puzzy everywhere was my friends term not mine.
And he is probably right the place is an open ceiling venue and there was a band and I'm certain there was young females out.
As soon as a vaccine is released i think things will return back to default.
Thotts getting approached in real life while being worshipped online by the majority of guys.
You cant replace real living dynamics with barriers. They do not help men. There verh existence is default pro feminism.

"If you love women, you must read the SoSuave Guide to Women. It's fantastic!"

SW15

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think woman are just social in general and not much has changed. I agree the internet has changed sexual dynamics but Covid? People in my area are itching to get out.
Puzzy everywhere was my friends term not mine.
And he is probably right the place is an open ceiling venue and there was a band and I'm certain there was young females out.
As soon as a vaccine is released i think things will return back to default.
Thotts getting approached in real life while being worshipped online by the majority of guys.
You cant replace real living dynamics with barriers. They do not help men. There verh existence is default pro feminism.
Covid is making many men more hesitant to approach in person because of societal distancing propaganda and fear of the Covid boogeyman. Additionally, many women are more uptight in the receipt of said approaches because of fear of the Covid boogeyman. The Covid boogeyman is a real fear on both sides. With a lot of people losing their jobs, many people lack the health insurance to deal with Covid. It certainly puts a negative energy out there in the mating environment.

Masks make day approaching in grocery stores and gyms more challenging.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
View attachment 4335

How do you like this guy? Six-packs, handsome face, nice muscles. He got 4,3/10 on photofeeler. If you are too lazy to insert the word in google then there is no even room for discussion, lol.
In comparison, you can check how this slightly fat guy got 9,4/10.

My average-looking friend who is in his forties got 7,1/10 in attractiveness easily on his first attempt. I'm too lazy to link. Anyone can check for themselves.

If you tested professional male models from Instagram then of course they'll get amazing conversions. Because their photos ARE amazing. As long as you are not too ugly and have money for a professional photoshoot and know what kinds of photos get you results(just google) you can get decent success on Tinder.

The photos of the same person can either be 1/10 or 8/10.

Your looks are important, but for Tinder quality of your photos is even more so. If someone wants to get better photos they can google killyourinnerloser. The guy ****ed 140+ women from Tinder even though he isn't very good looking. There is no secret. Get good photos (photofeeler is the best way to check if they are good) then get *****. Of course, if your appearance sucks too much then work on it too. I talk about your style (clothes, haircut, beard, etc) and hygiene here.

Women are different from men. The context of a photo is important to them because it could say a lot about your status (to their subconsciousness). If you are a lonely loser or an interesting guy. Guys don't give a **** about things like this if a girl hot then she would still be 8/10 even at bathroom selfie.
I'm a reasonable guy. I didn't mean my retort to sound aggressive. I did Google it after replying to you and saw that it's some kind of photo reviewer for social media?

The trouble is. Any average joe (girls or boys) who sees that photo is not going to like it because he has his shirt off

To me the guy is between a 7 or 8. But to females I have no idea. Most of the time they surprise sh!t out of me. I guess I'm not gay

But I agree with your overall point about photo quality. It does make a difference

coyote_astro

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear that the no1 reason they switched to self-development was the metoo-related backlash they faced. They would have totally shut them down, had they not rebranded. Obviously it also worked in their favor, since general self-dev + some woo-woo stuff sells to a much wider audience, as opposed to selling bootcamps to naive virgins :p

Say what you want about RSD and their annoying marketing tricks (which I would agree with), but some of their early stuff was pure gold, I believe, and someone new to this can benefit a lot from watching them.
Also, if you notice closely, most of them also encourage people to work on themselves overall, while also getting better at dating etc.

I never liked the extremes. I think that synthesizing information from multiple sources (be it RSD, this forum, AMS etc) can give you valuable information about dating women and life in general (since they are obviously interconnected). This way you screen out the marketing BS and identify commonly accepted principles.

Examples from RSD: I think that Tyler's Blueprint is one of the best inner game resources out there. Some of you will find some aspects of it too bluepilled, but if you put these aside it's great.

And, I think it was Julien back in the day that said "PUA is just self-development on steroids". I think most people in this site agree with this.

Needless to mention, I've never given them a single dollar :p

bat soup

Don Juan
Reaction score
If they have changed their business model, I think it's probably only because giving bootcamps in person is too much work and too risky these days and they've found they can make the same money and avoid controversy by appeasing women. Women don't like seeing men get what they want without providing them free food and drink or giving away half of their wealth and there have always been powerful forces in society to ensure that men do that.

Elliot Rodgers was a loser and a fool and he had a lot of very serious mental problems. He's the kind of guy that would have ended up hurting people regardless of which particular internet forum he decided to haunt. He's in no way representative of the majority of men who seek out advice online to do better with women. It's a perfectly normal thing for men to want sex and to turn to other guys that have more experience for advice if they're not having the success that they want. Those that give up and go "black pill" or MGTOW are just trying to rationalise their failure and they'll end up coming back eventually anyway because as much as they try to deny reality they'll always be attracted to women.

And what is all of this bull**** about race? Last time I checked there were billions of people in Asia - if Asian women don't want their own guys, then how did all of those people get born? I recently went to Taiwan, Vietnam and Singapore and saw plenty of happy local couples holding hands, riding motorbikes together and pushing prams with babies. I think this is just another excuse that losers like to use - money, looks, race etc. in order to avoid having to face the fact that they're scared of approaching and talking to women.

LARaiders85

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that like office buildings, covid is going to accelerate the decline of the hypernachronistic nightclub scene as well. it was never clear why people even continued to go to clubs after online dating completely destroyed the meat market aspect of them . it was just something that you did because you felt like you were supposed to do that on a weekend but barely anyone even talked to girls. It was like a way to hide alcoholism. Still an exception for vacation destinations.

Jack12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear that the no1 reason they switched to self-development was the metoo-related backlash they faced. They would have totally shut them down, had they not rebranded. Obviously it also worked in their favor, since general self-dev + some woo-woo stuff sells to a much wider audience, as opposed to selling bootcamps to naive virgins :p

Say what you want about RSD and their annoying marketing tricks (which I would agree with), but some of their early stuff was pure gold, I believe, and someone new to this can benefit a lot from watching them.
Also, if you notice closely, most of them also encourage people to work on themselves overall, while also getting better at dating etc.

I never liked the extremes. I think that synthesizing information from multiple sources (be it RSD, this forum, AMS etc) can give you valuable information about dating women and life in general (since they are obviously interconnected). This way you screen out the marketing BS and identify commonly accepted principles.

Examples from RSD: I think that Tyler's Blueprint is one of the best inner game resources out there. Some of you will find some aspects of it too bluepilled, but if you put these aside it's great.

And, I think it was Julien back in the day that said "PUA is just self-development on steroids". I think most people in this site agree with this.

Needless to mention, I've never given them a single dollar :p
I have a guess the reasons they stop focus on women is because
1. they are getting old (+ have families) and dont want to be associated with game
2. The game changes = new ideas needs to be developed = new young blood needs to add fresh updates. Both pillars of rsd owen and julian already tired
3. Julian's media scandal and transformation mastery
4. The pills jerks. I talking about the guys who uses red pill as an excuse to their lack of understanding women and talking toxic **** all over

SW15

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that like office buildings, covid is going to accelerate the decline of the hypernachronistic nightclub scene as well. it was never clear why people even continued to go to clubs after online dating completely destroyed the meat market aspect of them . it was just something that you did because you felt like you were supposed to do that on a weekend but barely anyone even talked to girls. It was like a way to hide alcoholism. Still an exception for vacation destinations.
Covid is going to make every form of game more difficult until about 2022. This will be the worst 2 year stretch for the mating environment ever. 1918 had a healthier mating environment entering that pandemic as compared to 2000-2019. There was a degradation of the mating environment from 2000 to 2019. 2000 was no great environment either.

It was the swipe apps that changed bars/clubs more drastically. If you think back to roughly 2004-2012, when dating websites were reasonably popular, there was still a decent nightlife scene. Near the end of that period, women were getting their inboxes flooded more on the POF and OKC sites of the world. Realize that the app era just is an acceleration of a lot of the bad stuff than happened in the website era.

Swiping on a smartphone and texting is easier than using a laptop and reading through word intensive profiles. That's why the website era didn't put as much of a dent into nightlife as apps.

I like your point about vacation destinations. If I think about 2023, Las Vegas will have solid nightlife. Same with Miami and Honolulu. San Diego might be ok if they can handle the ratios there, which are always bad because of the military presence. In Metro Phoenix, its suburbs of Scottsdale and Tempe have most of the nightlife. Scottsdale draws more the traveler scene.

Millennials and Gen Z are also kind of lazy and do not have good people skills. Nightlife is something that requires better people skills than app swiping. Women don't need to stand in bars to find sex anymore and they can get more attention on Instagram and the apps anyway.

coyote_astro

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a guess the reasons they stop focus on women is because
1. they are getting old (+ have families) and dont want to be associated with game
2. The game changes = new ideas needs to be developed = new young blood needs to add fresh updates. Both pillars of rsd owen and julian already tired
3. Julian's media scandal and transformation mastery
4. The pills jerks. I talking about the guys who uses red pill as an excuse to their lack of understanding women and talking toxic **** all over
I think the first 3 ones are the most important.

Btw when I watch any of their latest videos, it's so funny how much of an effort they make not to talk about women.
They essentially present a watered down version of classic old game concepts, dressed up as a more politically correct and youtube appropriate version.
Doesn't mean they are bad videos btw, many of them are still very good.

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Covid is making many men more hesitant to approach in person because of societal distancing propaganda and fear of the Covid boogeyman
SW covid isn't making men less hesitant. Their own inhibitions do. Why nog make the mask part of the interaction?

Someone you know? Make it a joke?

Stranger? Same or use it for discussion if she thinks they are needed?

Maybe kissing some tounge will be much better right after wearing a mask?

I dunno dude seems like endless opportunities to me.

bat soup

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway, whatever their reasons for changing their business model, I see RSD primarily as a bunch of internet marketers whose main skillset is selling courses. That hasn't changed. It's also true that they're getting too old to be out clubbing and so on and they don't want to get caught up in the latest witch hunt.

If RSD disappears or dilutes their product it doesn't really matter because there will always be new guys ready to take over that aren't afraid to talk about pickup. There's Tom Torero, Locario... Doctor Skankypoon. Take your pick. The world evolves, the game evolves, but men will always want to bang because it's in our DNA.

Put away your credit card.

You can now read our detailed guide to women and dating for free - Right Here!

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway, whatever their reasons for changing their business model, I see RSD primarily as a bunch of internet marketers whose main skillset is selling courses. That hasn't changed. It's also true that they're getting too old to be out clubbing and so on and they don't want to get caught up in the latest witch hunt.

If RSD disappears or dilutes their product it doesn't really matter because there will always be new guys ready to take over that aren't afraid to talk about pickup. There's Tom Torero, Locario... Doctor Skankypoon. Take your pick. The world evolves, the game evolves, but men will always want to bang because it's in our DNA.
And don't forget that people have archived the videos and programs too. It'll always be out there as a resource for people to learn.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've just heard on a podcast that RSD is shutting down because their userbase has increasingly turned incel and the makers cannot debunk the blackpill any longer

Is this story true?

This might be the final nail in the coffin of PUA
PUA was not directed to successful and handsome men , it was for average man who can learn to be more social and project more value, it also encouraged self improvement and the concept of never give up.
What went wrong with PUA community ?
1- Some false adverting that made it look bad.
2- Online dating apps that put all the weight on look and not overall value of man, so you dont even have a chance to show how cool or established you are.
3- MeToo and the laws that make it risky for man to approach
4- Lets face it black pill require no efforts and no self improvement, and many young men are choosing it as a way to justify their laziness. It could be true for some hard cases, but I woundnt recommend black pill to any one, because it mean give up and die.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4- Lets face it black pill require no efforts and no self improvement, and many young men are choosing it as a way to justify their laziness. It could be true for some hard cases, but I woundnt recommend black pill to any one, because it mean give up and die.
The black pill will not suggest someone goes to the gym to attract women, but to go to the gym because you want to and it makes you healthier. Sounds similar to the red-pill. Both red/black-pill will suggest NOT doing self improvement BECAUSE you want a woman, but because its good for you.

Women or not, every guy wants a decent life and would have to improve themselves in order to enjoy their life. Expectations are managed so if you don't get a woman at the end of the day to the self improvements, you don't turn Eliot Roger.

The argument of black-pill is that if Eliot Roger believed in the black-pill then instead of a mass shooting, he would have focused on his studies at school and simply resigned his fate with women and move on to something else in life. He would not feel rejected by women because he didn't expect to be accepted in the first place and would go on his merry way. However, his father and mother and society gave him mixed messages and warped up his expectations.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The black pill will not suggest someone goes to the gym to attract women, but to go to the gym because you want to and it makes you healthier. Sounds similar to the red-pill. Both red/black-pill will suggest NOT doing self improvement BECAUSE you want a woman, but because its good for you.

Women or not, every guy wants a decent life and would have to improve themselves in order to enjoy their life. Expectations are managed so if you don't get a woman at the end of the day to the self improvements, you don't turn Eliot Roger.

The argument of black-pill is that if Eliot Roger believed in the black-pill then instead of a mass shooting, he would have focused on his studies at school and simply resigned his fate with women and move on to something else in life. He would not feel rejected by women because he didn't expect to be accepted in the first place and would go on his merry way. However, his father and mother and society gave him mixed messages and warped up his expectations.
You just gotta do your best and let the chips fall where they may. Sounds passive, but we live in a police state and you can't just Cavemen women anymore like our fathers did, to get offspring. We are not ALLOWED...freedom is limited.